Sponsored Links

Waitrose???

Is there anyone using Waitrose broadband and would like to share their views about their service. They seem to have a very good offer on at the moment which is if you migrate to them, you get 3 month of free broadband OR get a free modem and also get 2 months free. And on top of that there is only 1 month contract.

I would like to know what everybody thinks?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just to be a cynical sod; I highly doubt Waitrose run their own ISP, probably a branded vISP. Maybe it would be wise to give them a buzz and find out who the parent company is? You can probably draw inferences from that then.

Not that I'm trying to knock Waitrose or vISP's in general, just it always pays to be prudent and get the big picture.

romerogoon said:
Just to be a cynical sod; I highly doubt Waitrose run their own ISP, probably a branded vISP. Maybe it would be wise to give them a buzz and find out who the parent company is? You can probably draw inferences from that then.

Not that I'm trying to knock Waitrose or vISP's in general, just it always pays to be prudent and get the big picture.
From what I've read elsewhere they're powered by Brightview - whoever they are?! :shrug:

Sponsored Links
Inactive said:
Erm, I never exceed 5GB a month :) , and it has a feephone 0800 support line and seems quite ethical.

Anyway, the way things are going, Plusnet may well be down to that soon 5GB .. :laugh:

I will keep Waitrose on my " maybe " list.

Im just arguing that you can't compair Waitrose and Plusnet as they are completely different. Waitrose have a fixed cap where Plusnet have a much more felxible system. the £14.99 package yeh is poo for P2P but for general surfing, email, small downloads, Video and VoIP it offers a cheap reliable (only 2 5 min downtimes so far for me) uncapped broadband package. I'm very very happy with it.

I've just been on the phone with Waitrose, if you migrate to them then there is only 1 month contract but if you cancel with 12 month then you have to pay £80 cancellation fee.

onephat said:
Im just arguing that you can't compair Waitrose and Plusnet as they are completely different. Waitrose have a fixed cap where Plusnet have a much more felxible system. the £14.99 package yeh is poo for P2P but for general surfing, email, small downloads, Video and VoIP it offers a cheap reliable (only 2 5 min downtimes so far for me) uncapped broadband package. I'm very very happy with it.

Fair enough, but I never exceed 5GB a month, so it doesn't effect me, and I am paying £21 a month to them ( Plusnet ).

I agree that Plusnet do have a very flexible system...they change things almost daily...:laugh:

Their Reps now do not give their customers help on Forums either by the look of things....shame.

I am still interested in Waitrose ( Yes I know it is run for them by another outfit )...if anyone has any experience of their service, I would love to hear from them.

Other VISPS of Brightview

Also coming out of the Brightview stable (look at their web pages) is Freenetname. One from the past.

Offering 2 Mb connection with 5 Gb cap Free modem free connection first 2 months free then £9.99 month. Contract 12 months.

Looks too cheap to me but probably increasing after first year.

What say you? ? ?

Sponsored Links
Disappointed said:
Also coming out of the Brightview stable (look at their web pages) is Freenetname. One from the past.

Offering 2 Mb connection with 5 Gb cap Free modem free connection first 2 months free then £9.99 month. Contract 12 months.

Looks too cheap to me but probably increasing after first year.

What say you? ? ?

www.freenetname.co.uk :confused:
* £9.99 for the first three months and £17.99 a month thereafter.

Ah, just saw the first 2 month free special offer, so it's free for first two months, then £9.99 for the third month, then £17.99 per month.

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules