Sponsored Links

Wanadoo Whats Going On?

Has any one else been sent an email from wanadoo with Ref to there account being closed?

On calling them they pass you from one person to the next then you talk to Billing... Yes and they said they know it has been sent but dont know why!?

does any one else know what they are playing at. My account is up todate etc etc?

Heres a copy of the email:::
Dear xxxxxxx

Your Wanadoo Account

We have had to close your Wanadoo Broadband account.

If you'd like to discuss this with us then call the Broadband Customer Support team on 0870 010 2462.*

Yours sincerely

Philip Mehl
Managing Director, Sales and Communication

* Lines are open 7am to 11pm, seven days a week and calls are charged at national rates. So we give you the best possible service, calls may be monitored for training purposes

This email has been sent from an unattended mailbox. Sorry, but we can't reply to emails sent to this address.

Thats wanadoo for you! I had nothing but problems with there service so i left, now ive got a different service thats fine!

Do you know if you have exceeded your monthly usage cap? I think Wanadoo says in their T's and C's that they can terminate users accounts if they regularly exceed their usage cap.

Sponsored Links
have you paid your monthly subscriptions on time? have your ever requested a MAC code (will automaticaly terminate your adsl after 30 days i think)?, have you made any changes to your BT landline server, name on line? number?

Ben

ungabunga,

According to its Terms Of Use agreement, Wanadoo should have served you with notice of its intent and/or gave you notice to take remedial action:

Wanadoo Terms of Use Agreement:

This Agreement may be terminated:
16.2.1 by either of us on 30 days' notice, unless we terminate pursuant to Clauses 2.7 and 2.8 without notice;

16.3 Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately, on notice if the other: (a) commits a material breach of this Agreement, which is capable of remedy, and fails to remedy the breach within a reasonable time of a written notice to do so; or (b) commits a material breach of this Agreement which cannot be remedied
Clauses 2.7 & 2.8 mentioned above, are simply:
2.7 In the event that you move from the Premises, and you wish to continue to receive the Service, we shall terminate your Service and (provided that you can receive the Service from your new premises) you will be required to register again for the Service and commit to the remaining term of the Minimum Period. In addition, we reserve the right to make a charge for administration and set-up costs for the Service for the Premises move.
2.8 In the event that your telephone account with BT is terminated or you change the services on the telephone line on which you currently use the Service, so that the Service is unable to operate normally, your Service will terminate and you will be liable for the Charges during the Minimum Period.

In stark contrast however, according to its Acceptable Use policy, Wanadoo gives itself the authority to terminate the account without any notice.
"Acceptable Use Agreement:
5. Suspension and termination of the Wanadoo Service
5.1 We may suspend or terminate the Wanadoo Service without giving notice to you."

These 'Agreements' (for want of a better word) which can be clearly seen to contradict eachother, are an absolute disgrace. I know the company is owned by the French, but you would assume they could employ someone with enough understanding of english to enable them to draft a set of polices that don't contradict eachother.

Regardless of their formal polices, I would consider it very bad business practice for a company to terminate an account without any explanation whatsoever and then expect the customer to conduct an investgation into the reasons behind the termination decision.

Hmmm, difficult one this.

I'm not sure how these things work. They may have a clause at the beginning of the contract which states that the contract is still valid if individual parts of it are proved incorrect (in this case offending clauses are omitted, but the rest still stands). If this is the case for the Wanadoo contract, if pressed they could argue against their own t's&c's and state that clasue 16.3 is invalid - which would be an interesting move on their part. Best of luck with this one, but I think the French are going to win with this...

Last edited:
called then again tonight...

The email was an error that was sent to some 2000+ users. The email should have not been sent out at all. But there customer support is S++t. The pass you from one person to the next and no one know anything at all!

ADSL was cut off for about 24 hours! But now back on and asking for my MAC. LOL thing was i asked for the MAC when adsl was down and they said they would email it to me. SO asked for a phone call with it and they said we only email.

So who offers the best Non Capped service then Boys and Girls? (Not AOL!)

Bunga

Sponsored Links
I have just migrated to Pipex 1000 Xtreme from BT Yahoo because of the caps coming in.

No issues so far and 2 free months and 1 month at £14.99. Then £23.44

Cant complain so far.

Ray

Heard good things about Zen and pipex also Plusnet have some capped and some not. there are also two smaller ISPs who say no caps Broadsurf and Entityonline also Firenet have some capped and some not capped. Then again you need to read the T&C and look for any mention of an AUP or FUP before signing up plus only go for 1 or 3 month cotracts avoid 12 month contracts.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules