Sponsored Links

Wannadont 56k - Is it any good?

I`m looking at the £7.49pm anytime offer currently on and want to know the following:

(1) Is there any cutoff (eg 2hr) and if so is it dynamic (doubt this)?

(2) Is it hard to log on at certain times?

(3) Random disconnects/service outages?

(4) Monthly limits (eg 150 hrs/pm), if so are they strict with this and do they cease service for that month if you use all allotted hours like V21 do?

(5) They say no minimum contract, can anyone confirm or deny this?

I couldn`t find this info on their site FAQ.

Thanks.

(1) 2hr cut off - is stated on the website.
(2) not when I've used it...
(3) not when I've used it...
(4) no montlhly download limit but not unlimited.
(5) there is no minimum contract - this also stated in T&C's.

Oh, nice childish "wannadont" throwaway remark - actually, calling it childish insults children, so its below that. Oh, and if you wanted it to be clever you'd have put Wanadont (and at least got the spelling right) :p

I used to be on it and for dial up it was a good service. Never any problems getting on and I used to use it for well over 150 hours/week without problems.

Sponsored Links
I recently left it after a number of years. As Grave Red says it was reliable and had first time connections 99.99% of the time.

Norfett - there is no need to get so uptight about every post made in the Freeserve/Wanadoo forum, anybody might think this was your website -

Bob2002 said:
Norfett - there is no need to get so uptight about every post made in the Freeserve/Wanadoo forum, anybody might think this was your website -

Not my site but funny :)

Anyhoos, I left that end remark in as I just think the whole "wannadont" and such names are just not needed - and seems in this case to indicate the original poster has no intention of using them, maybe just wants to flame.

norfett said:
(1) 2hr cut off - is stated on the website.
(2) not when I've used it...
(3) not when I've used it...
(4) no montlhly download limit but not unlimited.
(5) there is no minimum contract - this also stated in T&C's.

Oh, nice childish "wannadont" throwaway remark - actually, calling it childish insults children, so its below that. Oh, and if you wanted it to be clever you'd have put Wanadont (and at least got the spelling right) :p

When do you use it then? You have said you are on cable.

no montlhly download limit but not unlimited.
:laugh:

What is the limit then? Yearly? Weekly?

And have you never heard of free speech? Everyone creates amusing names for things/people/companies, lighten up.

Honestly, the way you patrol the wanadoo forum is like you work for them. :rolleyes:

Maestro asked:
Wannadont 56k - Is it any good?
Wanadoo’s Anytime is in my opinion very good indeed.

1. There is a cut-off after two continous hours online. You can however immediately reconnect.

2. Never have I or any of my friends experienced problems with engaged tones or logging in.

3. Random disconnects/service outages? - None that I’ve ever been aware of.

4. There is a fair usage policy for Wanadoo Anytime, but I'm not aware of anyone ever receiving a warning from Wanadoo concerning high usage.

5. Because one months payment is due at the time of registering, it could be argued that there is a minimum contract period of one month.
In practice you could cancel the contract after just one day’s membership, however you’d still be liable for the whole months payment.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
paul45 said:
4. There is a fair usage policy for Wanadoo Anytime, but I'm not aware of anyone ever receiving a warning from Wanadoo concerning high usage.

I have seen one instance on this forum, but 1 out of many many users presumably means it's a very high limit. Having said that, don't assume its unlimited and leave it on all day (I think people should get leased lines if they are intending to do that).

In reply to me saying "There is a fair usage policy for Wanadoo Anytime, but I'm not aware of anyone ever receiving a warning from Wanadoo concerning high usage."

Old dude replied:
I have seen one instance on this forum....

You don't happen to have a link for that do you, as I'd be interested to see exactly what the warning said.
Thanks

Ok, wait a while and I may be able to find it. Im not holding much hope though, because Im not even sure which forum it was in (Im assuming the freeserve one). It was also a very long time ago (I have been watching these forums for quite a while before deciding to join).

This may take a while....

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for taking the time to find that message Old dude, I'm very grateful.

I'll try and remember it, just in case somebody else asks me in the future. Though I don't know anyone who is going to be constantly online for over 20 hours per day.

I wonder if the message from Freeserve just asked for a reduction in online hours, or if it contained something more in the way of a serious warning.

Thanks again for your help.

PS:
You heard the rumour about BTYahoo broadband services are going to be capped at something like 15meg & 30Meg ?

No problem.

To be honest I think that thread was a little old, and of course since then they may have changed the limit, more or less.

20 hours a day for dial up is far to much in my opinion, people who need it for that should think of other means.

It cant be essential unless its a business and then they should start looking at business packages.

PS:You heard the rumour about BTYahoo broadband services are going to be capped at something like 15meg & 30Meg ?

Im assuming thats a joke!

Sponsored Links
turnkey advised me:
paul45 your link says 15gb and 30gb (not meg)

Well I'm laying the blame for that mistake on BTs webpage lastnight.
Perhaps that' s why they withdrew it :)

Thanks for correcting me.

Well, even so, I think thats rather bad.

£30 (near enough) for a limited adsl service? Good lord, what a rip off.

If my ISP can do unlimited (trust me, it really is unlimited) for £22 a month, and excellent speed and customer service, reliability why cant BT do a decent offer?

Old dude said:
When do you use it then? You have said you are on cable.

:laugh:

What is the limit then? Yearly? Weekly?

And have you never heard of free speech? Everyone creates amusing names for things/people/companies, lighten up.

Honestly, the way you patrol the wanadoo forum is like you work for them. :rolleyes:

I dont work for them.

Free speech is fine, yet so called amusing names are not funny - just sad.

I use and used Wanadoo when lived in bedsit and couldnt get cable - and also when away and at another location I have. But that is none of your business - havent seen you ask anyone else that question so dont me just because of your narrow mind.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules