Sponsored

Well I'm Free

jack8

Pro Member
Got in tonight turned on my computer and the New Zen is working. I think i have been very lucky as only without Broadband for one day.

This in entirely down to this site. Yet again thank you to all on here. I hope that every one else can find a swift fix to there problems.

Cheers

LightningMk6

Casual Member
Got in tonight turned on my computer and the New Zen is working. I think i have been very lucky as only without Broadband for one day.

This in entirely down to this site. Yet again thank you to all on here. I hope that every one else can find a swift fix to there problems.

Cheers
I too have just been migrated to Fast4 tonight, and only one day without broadband. So a big thank you to all who posted on this forum, without all the help, I would still be sitting without any connection at all.

onerob

Casual Member
That's strange, Fast4 told me migration takes 5 - 7 working days. I filled out the web form on Friday (admittedly after close of business) and still haven't been connected.

lighterboy

ULTIMATE Member
Gotta say I am amazed you guys are going with Fast4...

Run by the same guy who setup V.21 who sold you lot out to biscit and caused all your problems in the first place...

personally i would have got as far away from any of the following:

1. anyone connected to biscit or v21 (eg: fast4)
2 anyone who resells netservices or eurisp.

and chosen someone who has:

1. their own bt central pipes
2. good reputation

id have ended up with any of:

1. Namesco - www.names.co.uk (who i am with -very good isp)
2. Zen www.zen.co.uk good but pricy
3. eclipse - www.eclipse.co.uk - good, part of kingston comms.
4. Be - www.bethere.co.uk - 24mb great if you can get it (owned by o2)

onerob

Casual Member
Yeah, I know... moth to a flame and all that.

The thing is, £16.95 / month for the following:

- ADSL Max with no download limit
- Free migration
- I think it's only about £20 to leave for those who have migrated
- No 12 month contract (in the strict sense of not having to pay for remaining months when you leave)

Also, factor in the new Offcom rules concerning MAC codes, and it might be worth a shot for those of us on a tight budget.

adeys

ULTIMATE Member
i can quote on that what a load of krap no way are they fast speed problems all the time

VTTV

Casual Member
Yeah, I know... moth to a flame and all that.

The thing is, £16.95 / month for the following:

- ADSL Max with no download limit
- Free migration
- I think it's only about £20 to leave for those who have migrated
- No 12 month contract (in the strict sense of not having to pay for remaining months when you leave)

Also, factor in the new Offcom rules concerning MAC codes, and it might be worth a shot for those of us on a tight budget.
Have you ever heard the saying "you get what you pay for"? ;)

It doesn't always follow that "if you pay more, you get more" ... but I'd be very wary of the speed, quality and availability of support, and the longer-term presence/stability of any organisation - in any industry - that sells on the basis of being cheapest alone.

onerob

Casual Member
i can quote on that what a load of krap no way are they fast speed problems all the time
Sure, you might well be right. The point is, it's not going to be impossible to switch if I'm unhappy with the service.

I'd be interested to know any horror stories to do with speed problems. This will influence my decision whether to stay with them or not.

My connection has now gone live, so I'll keep an eye out on performance.

g6zru

adeys said;

Why do you assume that Fast4 are causing your lack of speed? Have you make any checks? Have you asked Fast? More info please.

I was one of the number who were outed by the Netservices fiasco. I looked around for a new ISP and discovered that if you looked hard enough you could find negative comments about them all. In the end I went with Fast4 as they were the only ones who offered what I wanted with an easy way out if their service proved to be useless. I signed with them in Dec 06 and was connected in 6 days despite being told by BT that it would take 10 working days. I have had good speeds (c.4mbps) since the first 10 day training period, no problems with the service except the initial lack of a News Server (since provided).

They initially didn't offer a Direct Debit facility but said they would inform me as soon as it was avaialble. They phoned me 3 weeks later and set up the DD over the phone.

So far I am happy with Fast4 and if it lasts I shall be content. However, any ISP can be bought out/taken over or go bust at any time. So if you want guarantees go with someone like BT and suffer the near monoply indifference that all large companies seem to suffer from.

NetFan

Top Member
I was with fast4 since dial up, brilliant service. If you had a problem you could speak to the same guy at tech support within seconds. I would go with them myself if it was'nt for adsl2+ / be I have in my area now

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
Gotta say I am amazed you guys are going with Fast4...

Run by the same guy who setup V.21 who sold you lot out to biscit and caused all your problems in the first place...

personally i would have got as far away from any of the following:

1. anyone connected to biscit or v21 (eg: fast4)
2 anyone who resells netservices or eurisp.

and chosen someone who has:

2. good reputation

id have ended up with any of:

1. Namesco - www.names.co.uk (who i am with -very good isp)
2. Zen www.zen.co.uk good but pricy
4. Be - www.bethere.co.uk - 24mb great if you can get it (owned by o2)
When I joined V21 I was connected through Netservices & had quite a few problems authenticating usually @ weekends.
After complaining several times to V21 they switched me to Maxsurf & connected me through Eurisp last July.
I can honestly say that I had only occasion that I could not connect (approx 3hours). up until mid February.
No way would I knowingly sign up with an ISP that uses Netservices.
But I would have no qualms about signing to an ISP that uses Eurisp

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
When I joined V21 I was connected through Netservices & had quite a few problems authenticating usually @ weekends.
After complaining several times to V21 they switched me to Maxsurf & connected me through Eurisp last July.
I can honestly say that I had only occasion that I could not connect (approx 3hours). up until mid February.
No way would I knowingly sign up with an ISP that uses Netservices.
But I would have no qualms about signing to an ISP that uses Eurisp
Rumour has it that Netservices services are quite good when their invoices are being paid, I wouldn't be too keen on using a NS reseller either though.

TheBestPolicy

chosen someone who has:

2. good reputation

id have ended up with...

Are you sure?

They don't seem to have much of a reputation these days, which hasn't been helped by them placing people on :eek: Tiscali LLU !

Ask anyone from Hull what they think of Kingston Comm's Karoo (the only ISP available there because of Kingston Comm's monopoly of the area's telecommunications).

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2301)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1628)
  5. Politics (1463)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1132)
  9. Statistics (1120)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1071)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (933)
  13. Wireless Internet (932)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules