Sponsored

well.

islandman

Pro Member
Tempted by Naims

I am currently seeking an alternative ISP to wanadoo who's dial up charge is £14.99, so Naims with their 99p for the first month and £6.99 thereafter is appealing. But more than that, one users opinion is that it is a good provider. However I'd really like a bit more info from current users, good or bad, thanks in anticipation. islandman

MrJ

Pro Member
i think you find Naims is £13.99 after the first month - and i cannot see anything about 99p for first month..... wait... speacial offers page - but when you go to it from - http://www.naims.co.uk/specialoffer.html - click register at the bottom, you get

"System cannot find the requested package or you did not select a package.
Please close this window and select a package."

Reassuring?

Now you say this, I remember viewing N4N, and remembered something about 99p - looked there, this is the post i seem to recall (#8) - http://www.net4nowtforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17574 - hope it is of some help to you, although it is not Naims

islandman

Pro Member
Thanks for your response. Overnight I've recieved an email from Naims. It seems the 99p 1st month is subsequently £13.99. The Prudent package is £6.99 (3hrs a day) then the Lite package £9.99 (42hrs a week).

You are able to upgrade whenever, or if you're going to be away, downgrade.

I'm now interested to hear from folks who actually use the service. Watch this space as they say, islandman

jstyles

Casual Member
Just this second signed up with Naims based on the feedback I've found on this forum (and Thanks!). I'll post my feedback after the first month.

Signed up with Fast4 before just before Christmas. Lasted a week. Disgusting service (not that I never managed to get online at all!). Steer clear!

rollinstone

ULTIMATE Member
I'm just after reading reviews about this ISP. If they are anything to go by then could be worth a try in the future. Bookmarked it. :)

islandman

Pro Member
When you are approaching 65 and many of the technicalities of life have passed you by, you wonder in amazement at the thought of changing your isp alone when previously you had been assisted. However, having decided of the many similar ISP's, this one would be for me. I exchanged a few emails of trepidation with Naims and then set off on replacing my more expensive wanadoo £14.99 account with the £9.99 Naims slightly restricted account. Having said that, 42 hrs per week equates to 6 hrs a day, very rarely has that happened.

As anticipated, something didn't go to plan, but Naims, understanding my predicament, volunteered to phone me at 6pm to guide. This they did.

After several calls FROM them to me, each time taking the changeove a bit further, the problem was sorted.

I have to say that throughout, the Customer Service guy was extremely helpful and understanding taking each step oh so slowly so that success was achieved.

Clearly I will now monitor everything over the next few days when when satisfied, as I'm sure I will be, will terminate my contract with wanadoo. After a month or so, I hope I'm in a position to relay to anyone interested,my complete satisfaction.

welshgold

After looking at reviews on this site i changed to naims a few months ago, i had the 99p 1st month offer which i dont think is still available, but i am more than happy to pay the current £13.99 per month as the service is superb. i can not fault them.

jstyles

Casual Member
Review of Naims (after two months)

As promised - better later than never - here are my impressions of Naims after I signed up for their 'Lite' package last January.

Whilst mainly an evening user, I do use them at weekends, too. But they allow 'Lite' users up to 42 hours a week - which is way more than I need as I'm at work during the day!

Thus far, I have been able to connect first time, every time. Whilst my ol-line sessions tend not to be marathons, I have found that Naims do not chuck you off if you exceed the contracted session time (currently 3 hours). Which is very good if you are downloading!

I've not had any trouble with their billing which has been on time. They even send you a warning e-mail confirming they are going to take your money!

Very please so far. They totally fulfill my needs as a 'lite' user.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2467)
  2. FTTP (2096)
  3. FTTC (1634)
  4. Building Digital UK (1575)
  5. Openreach (1382)
  6. Politics (1380)
  7. Business (1209)
  8. Statistics (1079)
  9. FTTH (1015)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1008)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (887)
  14. 4G (875)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (587)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (566)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules