Sponsored Links

What’s this? New Roll out?

Bagz

Casual Member
Hi everyone,
This appeared recently, there were no cabs here at all previously.

When the work was being done, the workmen’s had a sign up saying “working on behalf of” and it hadn’t Three’s symbol (as in the mobile network “3””.

It’s been in a few weeks now.

This week we’ve seen people up and down the street running cables through the ground, it looks like they’re then coming up the brown telephone poles, all taped up unfinished with little boxes on them.
I’ve seen them near that cabinet, but not spotted them run to the cabinet yet.

i can’t find any reference to roll out of fibre in my area, other than the existing Virgin network.

Anyone know the best way to look into this?

Attachments

• 39EE5464-8BF4-431F-B99A-8AA3539DC424.jpeg
    39EE5464-8BF4-431F-B99A-8AA3539DC424.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 305
A picture of the stuff strapped to posts

Attachments

• 1B907A06-374C-4E26-BE47-85D00FE777F3.jpeg
    1B907A06-374C-4E26-BE47-85D00FE777F3.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 257
I have no idea what that yellow one is, never seen that before. But the one on the post is a connectorised FTTP block.

Sponsored Links
Can’t say I’ve ever spotted a yellow one either, maybe it’s a temporary thing.
I can’t see any open reach info to say they’re rolling out FTTP in the area.
is there somewhere to look for FTTP roll out plans?

What postcode is this in?

The yellow cover is just used to temporarily cover the base of the cabinet whilst the concrete cures and before the main body is installed.

Openreach are the only provider I'm aware of that use those type of connectorised blocks on poles.

Sponsored Links
Looks like Openreach FTTP gear.

The postcode on the Opeanreach site states "We are starting to roll out our Ultrafast Full Fibre in your area." so would assume this is related to this.

How long does it usually take to start getting access to this once these FTTP’s appear?
The green cabinet was definitely installed at the same time as the yellow ones, though it could be unrelated to the poles.

The workers had a ‘working on behalf of 3’ when they were digging the hole. I read 3 were doing some work with Fibrecity or someone but can’t find anything about my area.
Also can’t find planning permission for it either 🤷🏼‍♂️

It could well be CityFibre. A recent press release said "Construction work has commenced in the Bilborough, Leen Valley and Wollaton areas". However they may be putting in place key infrastructure elsewhere in the City in preparation.

OR timescales are 2023
CityFibre timescales are 2025

However they will do sections of the City at a time and will release addresses to get revenue. Which covers you first will depend exactly where you are but you look fortunate going forward as you may have two providers to choose from.

Sponsored Links
Openreach are currently the only one actively deploying FTTP in those postcode areas, so it's them. Cityfibre might come later, but at present they don't appear to be working in those postcodes.

In terms of how long it usually takes to go live, it can be anything from a few weeks, to a few months or up to around a year. In rare cases it might take 18-24 months but these days they're usually much quicker at turning builds into a live service.

I'd say before Easter for that area but you'll have to come back and tell us how it goes.

So as a follow up to this old thread.
Fibre was launched in the area around March.
Lots of Openreach and subbies in the area, connecting houses up now too.

The yellow boxes haven’t moved for a while, but road dug up occasionally.

Took the dog a walk Monday morning this week, then when I did it again in the afternoon this was here!
329EF7F7-AA7A-4377-9AA0-6E05765E49DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 535751CA-0764-49AB-B6DD-311195455C9B.jpeg
    535751CA-0764-49AB-B6DD-311195455C9B.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 146
looks very much like a mobile mast and associated hardware for three ! There is a clue in the notice.

Yes that's a mobile install, no doubt about it :).

Sponsored Links
Its not fair at all like I always say some areas of London is very neglected.

while other parts of the country is getting proper broadband FTTP and fast mobile data speed Im left with slow speeds.

To me it seems like why there is a high refusal rate of 5G monopole application like I have said before cause there are people who still think 5G causes health problems and makes having them installed appearance in the area look bad.

No FTTP in my block yet only G fast from Openreach.

I didn't see this thread before now.

As above, its a new Three unilateral site (Three is the only provider on it).
Planning application 20/02101/PAT on the Nottingham council site reports it should be 5G'd and also likely to have all of Three's 4G bands too (assuming they install what has been spec'd in planning).

Edit: planning documents show the height got reduced from the original 20m plan, to just 15m - which is a bit of a shame.

Its not fair at all like I always say some areas of London is very neglected.

while other parts of the country is getting proper broadband FTTP and fast mobile data speed Im left with slow speeds.

No FTTP in my block yet only G fast from Openreach.
Lots of areas still have no FTTP, no prospect of 5G, poor 4G, and no FTTC or GFast - so you're actually lucky.

I am lucky to have GFast I was with Plus Net in 2016 order fibre speeds up to 40mbps then when my offer ended and I swicted providers.

One thing I dont get how can openreach provide Gfibre Fibre to older buildings cause the cables and wires in my building are very old and exposed someone can rip them.

Currently using Three 5G broadband getting over 100mbps not stable speeds as I do get occasionally buffering on my 2nd generation firestick dont know it it effect the WiFi channel im on as the 2nd generation firestick can only access 5ghz wifi band on lower wifi channels.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules