Sponsored

What a load of *****, Vispa.

DKTronics

Pro Member
Enta cut us off a few days ago, and it took 2 days to get Vispa to put us back on.
The moment we were put on, everything looked ok, nice speeds, and webpages loading better than with Titan, etc..
Then came Off-Peak. Utter *****. Poor speeds, torrent throttling, and worst of all, Youtube is TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE !!
As I type this, I cannot watch ANY video at ANY resolution, 360p, 480p, 720p, and forget about 1080p. I get a second of playback, and a 1+ minute wait, then another second of video, then another 1 minute wait.
BBC I-Player works ok, as I type this, but still stutters, and certainly better than Youtube.

Can any ex-Titan users PLEASE tell my where you migrated to, and what your speeds are like ?
 

peterpiper

Casual Member
You are not alone.

See the vispa community 'Throttled' topic.
Somewhere posted in the 26 pages - Vispa response to slow performance:
"We've made some changes to the way Vispa & Titan customers are handled in our network by segregating the two sets of customers and it appears to have greatly improved things for all."
... Or not. Judging from the follow up posts.

Segregation doesn't increase the available capacity, it just limits each group to some part of the total.
Vispa seem to have little idea of what normal usage figures for Titan customers were.
Segregation so Vispa & Titan customers are handled in different ways means there is going to be a second class group. I guess, from my poor speeds, that it's the Titan customers.

I pay for 30GB peak usage. I doubt if 30GB download total is now possible in the entire peak & offp month.
 

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Off Peak starts at midnight, and because of complaints from other Titan customers, the bandwidth was adjusted to allow P2P access to 80% of it; so all the other internet users are fighting over the remaining 20%.

Last weeks changes made a HUGE difference to the evenings, where demand is highest; I went from unusable to getting several driver pack downloads coming at 193Kbps, while browsing and listening to an internet radio stream.
Sadly however, my P2P speeds have still not returned to the heady heights of 500Kbps I was enjoying before Titan joined us, I am rarely reaching 50Kbps, even when trying a download during Peak hours.
 

DKTronics

Pro Member
Cheers for the replies, I sort of figured this was going to be like this from now on. Oh well, nice things never last.
Just tried Youtube on my own videos at 480p, and I gave up after 20 seconds, just...pure.....unwatchable.

I'll give 'em a month, then I'm off.
 

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
This always happens when one ISP takes on another ISPs customers, they never get the balance right and it takes weeks (or even months), for everything to settle down and get back in the groove.

I had this myself many years ago when Cloud9 went under from sustained DDOS attacks; I cant remember the name of the people who took Cloud9s customers on, but it took a long time before my connection got anywhere near its previous condition.

OF course, those were dial-up days, but the principle is the same, look at the reports from the customers of every company that has taken over another, similar sized company.
Back in its day Pipex was great, then they started getting stupid and taking on other companies, and it all went pear shaped.
90% of the problems at Tiscali were from constantly taking over other ISPs; the other 10% being the retards running the billing department.

I could go on (and on, and on....)
 

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
that reminds me of the Fast4 fiasco, l was with EurISP at the time and the problems they were having mirrored mine, l kept on about it asking for them to be fixed as we were on the same network, but that eventually got me kicked off the ISP because l kept complaining..

l had a really nice email from the CEO Adam Binks asking me to leave, tho the consolation was that l didnt have to finish off the contract l was only 6 months into.. regardless, my problems never got fixed until l moved ISP...
 

DKTronics

Pro Member
Wow, nearly 4am, and suddenly Youtube works fine, even 720p.
Funny that, I'll expect Youtube to work fine now Peak Time kicks in, and crap when off-peak kicks in.

I'm surprised you cowboys can even carry on trading.

Complete and utter fecking joke.

This will be the fastest ISP I've ever left, as soon as the months up, I'm off, sod you and you crap throttling rubbish.

Cheers, Titan, for just shoving your customers over.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1424)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules