Sponsored Links

What a revelation!

Switched from BT to TalkTalk and have gone from two lines costing about £85.00 a month with very little in the way of BT extras (ones that I can actually use) to TalkTalk at a total cost of about £55.00 with decent extras like unlimited calls to mobiles and unlimited calls to landlines. I only moved from TalkTalk to BT via PlusNet because a tried TalkTalk with one landline in our large house with TalkTalk TV it failed. Now that I have Sky and two lines the Netgear routers with Netgear range extenders cover the whole house with ease. Why the move? Because I have lost one of the telephone lines and also lost broadband on the other line in the past few months and being with BT hasn't made a ha'penny of difference, cos it still took the BT cash cow Open Reach a staggering week each time to fix the faults. I made the move back to Talk Talk and by "All the Gods" I am pleased so far. With BT unlimited definitely does not mean unlimited. Download SKY media and BT will strangle the bandwidth (well they did with me) and this was confirmed by the Indian call centre though after a huge amount of effort I spoke to a token UK person who said this should not be so.
Well I had had enough and even though I had just signed up to a new contract with BT because things were so bad they let me go. Thank God they did. I even had a slight problem logging on to the TalkTalk web site since I could not remember my Email address - the two I use were rejected. Well TalkTalk's Indian call centre, like the BT one, is bloody awful as usual. I think if they had just one truly good English advisor in these call centres it would do the trick. Well I rang head office and they got back to me staggeringly quick. All I can say is if they get youi back TalkTalk act as if they are VERY pleased about it. I am an investigative business journalist shun press releases so this is no puff. Not at all.

TalkTalk get a lot of bad online reviews, like my current ISP Plusnet, but I think that as long as you don't run into problems their service is good value.

As far as support goes the trick appears to be to use the UK staff(avoid the overseas support for your own sanity) in the community forums, however they can take a couple of days to respond which is no good in an emergency. Alternatively sign-up or transfer over to TalkTalk Business where you will get 7 day a week UK support - which I've heard good things about.

Deleted to some of you being harsh. No need for me having a opinion about how I feel the service has went.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would expect a journalist to be able to write a bit better than that; what a mess!!!

No need for that Captain :), plus the OP was made sometime ago now.

I took the captains reply to be towards nut who posted on 7th, didn't realise he was on catch up from a China trip. What a lot don't know or understand is once on talktalk they cannot keep their old telephone number if they leave. A friend of mine had her BT number 25 years went to talktalk found her mistake 7 months in when it all went pear shaped but is struggling to keep her landline number which was BT number from day one. Talktalk are just being awkward at releasing it so looking like new line new number just to get away she has vowed never to release her phone line to non BT network if she manages to get it free.

Sorry, I didnt notice the OP date, and yes, it was that I was commenting on, the lack of paragraphs (unless he had issues as I did in China), made for very difficult parsing.

Actually Kits, I do know about TT, Vispa transferred my line to them without my knowledge or consent - buggering up my connection for nearly a month in the process. That is why I left for Aquiss, and why I now have to try and remember a new phone number :-(

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules