Sponsored

When is a 3 month contract not a 3 month contract

Kommando

Top Member
Well when it is a Micronet 3 month contract, I signed up for a 3 month contract and after 3 months and 4 payments (1 activation plus 3 montly payments) the service ceased and my login did not work. This is exactly what happened when the 1 month trial finished so I assume that is that.

No complaints as this was a 3 month contract and I only have to wait 1 week for ADSL so no point in renewing.

However 1 month later a 4th payment is taken, when I ask for a refund I am told I should have informed them before the end of the 3 months. I have repeated my request for a refund which is now met with silence. :hrmph:

I have currently paid for a month when no service was either provided or required.

Kyle

ULTIMATE Member
Did you actually cancel the service though before the three months?

I say that because the three month contract means that you are bound with a company for at least three months; it doesn't mean that the service ceases after this time period. It is, rather more, that you continue with a 30 day rolling contract, until you decide to cancel.

Kommando

Top Member
Exactly, service stopped on exactly the 3 months deadline, before I realised the date I emailed the support to report the login failure, they did not reply but I did not chase it because I then realised it was the 3 month anniversary and did not expect to be billed again.

LeeF

ISP Rep
i should ask to speak to their finance director/manager and look for a speedy resolution. No point in speak to people that work in accounts. go straight to the source and sort it. If you have no luck on the 2nd attempt ( if your having to leave messages to call back that is) then on the 3rd time, warn them, that if a returned call is not recieved, then you are going to look towards legal advice and pass it onto a solicitor to deal with under the Consumer Rights Act.

However, most ips's do insist on a 1 month notice to cancel period as that is whats required by BT Wholesale. so tread carefully. but i fully understand what you mean by them cutting you off bang on the 3 month period

nathans

Top Member
By cutting your service off they have effectively cancelled the contract on the 3 month which you chose, so any further payment taken is being taken against your wishes, so contact your credit card company and request a charge back

micronet

ISP Rep
Please forward your request to:

support@micronetbroadband.com

This will most probably give you speedier response, im sure you will be offered a full refund for the months that you have not used.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2194)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1237)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1071)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (856)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (578)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules