Sponsored Links

Where can i find decent broadband provider in the UK?

deletas

Casual Member
I'm fed up with really horrible broadband providers in this country. I changed about 6 providers it's always the same. I keep getting constant disconnections. My download speed is fine but upload speed is absolutely horrible about 9mbps or even less. It's not enough for me. I'm currently with talktalk G.FAST network. Can i actually find a normal provider in this country with decent Upload speeds and normal price with symmetrical speeds preferred. 100mbps/100mb/s should be fine for me £30 per month or less. Also i don't want to use ancient old telephone lines to connect to the internet. It's not 1990s i did that in dial up times

Yes, AAisp.
Or wait for FTTP.. in the meantime research lte/5g..

I can't get 5g home broadband or anything like that. So i guess i have no options then. Do i have to wait 10 years for fibre optic cables to come in my area.

Sponsored Links
The one you mentioned this AASIP is a crap still use same bt lines and i can't get decent upload speeds and looks like they have USAGE limit another plusnet back in the day.

Anyway close this topic if people give 5 stars to the isp like AAISP. I have no comments man.

Why do you discount other peoples experiences of ISP's ? It could be that the location in which you live is problematic and your expectations exceed what is actually available locally! We have a broadband infrastructure that is piecemeal and if you want to blame anybody thaen Margaret thatcher is your person of responsibility as BT offered to lay digital connections to every property in the UK and she said NO. I moved from a city where I had a Virgin Media Connection that was stable and have moved into a rural village and get 68/18 speeds and am happy with that as I had checked out the likely speeds before moving. Good luck Andy

What postcode area are you in? Then we can take a look. Also, you don't mention what download speeds you're getting from G.fast, which is important to know as you might have a line fault.

Sponsored Links
I'm fed up with really horrible broadband providers in this country. I changed about 6 providers it's always the same. I keep getting constant disconnections. My download speed is fine but upload speed is absolutely horrible about 9mbps or even less. It's not enough for me. I'm currently with talktalk G.FAST network. Can i actually find a normal provider in this country with decent Upload speeds and normal price with symmetrical speeds preferred. 100mbps/100mb/s should be fine for me £30 per month or less. Also i don't want to use ancient old telephone lines to connect to the internet. It's not 1990s i did that in dial up times
The simple answer is unless you have FTTP to the property, with no copper in between you cannot avoid old telephone lines in this country.

Some <FTTP> will be provided to a pole, then a small amount of copper, so not really FTTP at all.

All ISP's use the same infrastucture for FTTC, G-FAST, which includes copper (or aluminium) so you will get the same issues regardless.

Why do you require a faster upload?

I hear South Korea has stunning internet.

Looks like i can get FTTP in 5 months or something. 300mbps and 60mbps upload. So really happy finally i can get rid of shitty telephone lines. It's better than nothing. I can wait 5 months and not suffer anymore with this garbage BT and talktalk crap. They like free money but can't provide good service to people. I can't even do live streams or upload huge files to youtube. Yeah i would actually move to South korea any day if it was possible just for internet connection. Too bad England this country don't give a crap about internet connection at all and they the one who created worldwide web.

They found a problem somewhere with my line. They told me they will fix it within 5 days. Still i wish i had normal connection with good upload speeds. I can't use software like PARSEC and twitch with bad upload speeds also i can't upload large files i have to wait long hours. I have no other options. Truespeed and Gigaclear providers are closest to me but not available in my area. Only one company told me i might get FTTP in 5 months or something still they are really expensive and makes me angry. I want affordable prices with decend speeds i'm tired of this crap. I checked OFNL providers i found this one https://linkbroadbands.com/ and it shows one mile away from my place they are available. But still i can't get it because it's only for new buildings which doesn't make sense.. I can pay £35 max monthly for 100mbps/100mbps connection but i guess things like that not possible here.

Sponsored Links
What your asking about is just not possible with FTTC, the fastest it can go is 80Down 20Up. If you want fast uploads you gotta go 4G/5G. PM me your post code and I'll have a look at your options

All I'm going to say on this is others manage to use these services on equivalent services or worse in some parts of the world, so getting issues resolved is the aim here.

The want for faster speeds is fine, but it only comes with more problems sometimes, and as these faster speeds become available to more people the speeds will start hitting bottlenecks somewhere.
You'll get bottleneck only if you use slow HDD drives. Go explain your stuff to old grandma. With mentality like yours you'll always use slowest internet connection. Anyway. Good luck. I just have to stay with this crap BT until i can get normal fibre optic broadband if that ever gonna happens.

You'll get bottleneck only if you use slow HDD drives. Go explain your stuff to old grandma. With mentality like yours you'll always use slowest internet connection. Anyway. Good luck. I just have to stay with this crap BT until i can get normal fibre optic broadband if that ever gonna happens.

Not disrespectful at all to some one trying to help you

I can't get 5g home broadband or anything like that. So i guess i have no options then. Do i have to wait 10 years for fibre optic cables to come in my area.
I think more like 20-25 is a more reasonable time frame. You're right, the carriers are all "much of a muchness" because there is so little competition and/or no choice for the vast majority of UK homes. Then you have the situation where they provide a good service, yet they take whatever they want each month, so its a crap market basically.

The is the outcome when you have a toothless Quango like OFCOM doing nothing but pandering to the telco's and lining the pockets of they're friends in high places, all the while pretending to be there for the consumer.

You're probably best just accepting its crap in the UK and making do, I think its the best we can hope for nowadays.

At the moment I use both Zen and AAISP, when I move house evrything will be with AAISP...just saying!

Sponsored Links
If you are able to take G.Fast, then this means you are reasonably close to the cabinet - probably no more than 300m.

However, G.Fast performance drops off very rapidly with distance, and especially upload performance can be worse than VDSL when you get close to the limit.

Therefore, if upload performance is important to you, you will be better off with VDSL. Being reasonably close to the cabinet, you should get a rock-steady 80 down / 20 up. If you want more, you can buy two lines and bond them together (although not many ISPs offer that - AAISP is one).

As others have said, switching ISPs isn't going to make much difference, when the underlying problem is the Openreach "last mile" link to your house, because they all use the same link.

If you've been told that you'll get FTTP in the next 6 months then of course this issue goes away entirely: FTTP "just works" and doesn't have any variation in speed with distance from the head-end exchange (it bypasses the FTTC cabinets completely). The overall quality of service will still depend on the quality of the backhaul and Internet transit provided by the ISP, so don't expect the cheapest ISP to perform as well as the most expensive.

Do also be aware that some people have been told that FTTP is coming, only to have plans delayed or put on hold indefinitely, when either construction difficulties or budget changes have taken place.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules