Sponsored

Where did the V21 website go?

Paulplex

ISP Rep
:crap: - www.v21.co.uk isn't loading anymore: I'm not certain if thats a good thing for V21 customers or not...

jack8

Pro Member
Biscit site still working, but if you goggle V21 it does not even show . I think both sites will be removed soon.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
It seems a lot of V21 sites and servers are going offline - now here's a hypothetical:

If Biscit didn't pay the ex-directors of V21, NetServices, BT or even their staff...

...did they pay the hosting company where those servers are maintained?

lobster1

looks like v21 has gone to oblivion,my old v21.me.uk email was still working up till today but alas no more,goodbye v21,good bye spam,good riddance biscit.

jertzy

looks like v21 has gone to oblivion,my old v21.me.uk email was still working up till today but alas no more,goodbye v21,good bye spam,good riddance biscit.
Same for me lobster....its only when its gone that you miss that SPAM

.....doh..!!! I have just emailed the whole world again to vent my fury....apologies if i forgot anyone!
:shrug:

dubbie

I think Paul's on the money with his thoughts, everthing seems to be going tits up at Biscit/V21 although I also think that someone is deliberately tinkering, alla eurisp website email etc.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
The email and websites are all hosted by Biscit not EUR so I would have thought the server farm have probably pulled the plug on them.

andyuk05

Is this of any use ?

Whois Info - v21.co.uk
[Querying whois.nic.uk]
[whois.nic.uk]

Domain name:
v21.co.uk

Registrant:
Steve Deacon

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
43 Hall Lane
Yateley
Hants
GU46 6HP
United Kingdom

Registrant's agent:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 06-Sep-1999
Renewal date: 06-Sep-2007
Last updated: 29-Dec-2006

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns0.flexi-surf.co.uk
ns1.flexi-surf.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 15:27:13 16-Mar-2007

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2007.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which
includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
I have managed to send an email on v21.me.uk but can't receive anything...
When you send an email, you do so via an SMTP server - this is generally a different 'box' to the server that recieves the emails you have been sent (the incoming server is a POP3 server).

Thus, your ability to send emails doesn't mean that there is no problems - simply that the outgoing server is working fine. The problem that many users may now find if servers are no longer accessable for whatever reason (non-payment of bills to the hosting company, seized by the liquidators as an asset etc ;) ), those emails you should be receiving will be disappearing into the ether...

fontwell

Pro Member
Dial-up

It the first time ever the dialup has started to go wonky.

I have been able to get online but no pages would load this morning and all dns pings time out. Now pages are loading and the pings are back except v21.

I have been looking around for another Isp but breathe don't have their special offer any more, according to my contact in India.

The Fast4 two weeks trial offer means you get six weeks for the price of four, so not quite what I was expecting as a trial. ie temporary user name and sign up if speeds are ok..

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Is this of any use ?

Whois Info - v21.co.uk
[Querying whois.nic.uk]
[whois.nic.uk]

<-- SNIP!! --

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 06-Sep-1999
Renewal date: 06-Sep-2007
Last updated: 29-Dec-2006
Don't think that explains it: sure, the domain is registered in the name of one of the ex-V21 directors but then why not: it used to belong to Steve Deacon and all anyhoo.

Plus, the last time this domain was edited was December 2006 - if that was a more recent change then yup - evil deeds from ex-V21 directors may have been the case: however, in this case where there have been no changes for ages, its not likey a case of 'sabotage'...

jertzy

When you send an email, you do so via an SMTP server - this is generally a different 'box' to the server that recieves the emails you have been sent (the incoming server is a POP3 server).

Thus, your ability to send emails doesn't mean that there is no problems - simply that the outgoing server is working fine. The problem that many users may now find if servers are no longer accessable for whatever reason (non-payment of bills to the hosting company, seized by the liquidators as an asset etc ;) ), those emails you should be receiving will be disappearing into the ether...

So in layman's terms my front door letterbox is blocked so nothing is coming through but the postbox down the street is still working so i am able to send stuff..! cheers for the explanation :D

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
Website down

I've done a lookup on the domain and it's still pointing at the web server in London which is the same address it's always been on:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.v21.co.uk
Address: [edit: removed]

So it must be the server farm having a problem, so I guess someone hasn't paid their bills again.

Last edited by a moderator:

ziggycat

Pro Member

Strange all of my V21.me.uk addy are working fine.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules