Sponsored

Which ISPs offer the cheapest Fibre (FTTC) 50-60+mbps, outside of a contract?

cbdeakin

Most ISPs put the monthly cost up for Fibre internet connections + line rental, outside of the 12/18/24 month contracts, sometimes by £10 p/m or more. You know, cause they value us customers so much :rolleyes:

Which 50-60+mbps Fibre (FTTC) internet connections are cheapest after the contract has ended?

I noticed that Zen offers 60+mbps FTTC for £35 with a price guarentee, which seems OK.

I just wondered if anyone knows if there are any Fibre packages that are cheaper than that?

Also, any word any SOGEA connections (Fibre connection with only a data enabled landline, no voice) becoming available this year?

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
Personally I'd just take one of the offers and switch at the end of it but Zen seems to be one of the few that don't use in-contract pricing and is at the cheaper end. Other than that I know of AAISP but they're a bit more expensive.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
In our ISP Listings for "superfast broadband" providers (24Mbps+) we will always try to list the post contract or post discount price in brackets next to the initial price:

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
Never seen that list before. I'm very surprised with Vodafone's offering. The pricing is very low for a good service - the surprising part is that it's standard pricing and it doesn't go up. If I was in the market for it, I'd definitely be considering Vodafone over Zen because it's significantly cheaper.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Vodafone are ploughing money through subsidy into growing their base as fast as possible, but they have had to cut a few corners and so we've seen complaints about service performance and support rise quite a bit. Case in point, check out the chart on this page:

The less you pay, the bigger your risk.

cbdeakin

Thanks for your helpful replies.

The Vodafone 'Superfast 2' option seems good value for £25 p/m. Shame they don't offer a 12 month contact option like Zen does, just 24 months.

Also, they put the monthly price up after your contract ends by £3, which isn't too bad I suppose. Link here:
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/vfcon095509.pdf

That document states 'Prices effective from: 01 November 2018 ' - Can anyone confirm if the + £3 p/m charge out of contract still applies?

The early termination fees (if you leave during contract) are quite punitive "Your early termination fee equals your monthly charge multiplied by the number of months left on your contract". Unfortunately, high early exit fees + long contracts seem to be the norm for ISPs nowadays

That new Cuckoo ISP looks good for £30 pm no contract + no future price increases. It doesn't seem to be ready yet in most areas, and apparently it won't be available in 'old copper areas'.

I checked Sky Fibre and it's £25 p/m in contract, £32 p/m after 18 months, which seems ok.

cbdeakin

Just seen this, seems like reasonable value ( but prices don't include VAT), with a 12 month contract option + calls included:

[admin note: link removed, please don't use third-party paid affiliate / referral links on this forum - that is considered spam]

Last edited by a moderator:
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2768)
  2. FTTP (2746)
  3. FTTC (1783)
  4. Building Digital UK (1740)
  5. Politics (1662)
  6. Openreach (1619)
  7. Business (1429)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1240)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1221)
  11. Fibre Optic (1062)
  12. 4G (1052)
  13. Wireless Internet (1020)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1014)
  15. Virgin Media (1004)
  16. EE (696)
  17. Sky Broadband (668)
  18. Vodafone (666)
  19. TalkTalk (661)
  20. 5G (514)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules