Sponsored Links

Who Owns Who ?

I've left Nildram which was owned by Pipex which is now owned by Tiscali. (that was the reason).
I have had a few queries with them since I left and I notice that the e-mails are coming from freedom2surf Does this mean that Ticscali now own them as well. Will there be any independants left in a few years time.
I'm on Fast.co.uk now which so far is boring in it's reliability and speed. Long may it continue.
:smilet:

Pipex bought Freedom2surf a few years ago, so Tiscali now own F2S as well. I think there was a recent news item where Tiscali stated that while they weren't currently for sale, they expected to be subject to a takeover themselves in the next few years.

Basically broadband customers of Bulldog, Pipex, Nildram and Freedom2Surf are all now owned by Tiscali. However differences between networks, such as Bulldog's C&W based unbundled lines, may complicate Tiscali's plans for some of the ISPs.

Sponsored Links
I suspect that all of the ISP's who are now owned by Tiscali are moving in to their LLU network, seen movement on it already.

If people want my advise it is get away now before u go on the LLU before it gets harder to move away.

If you are having problems on Nildram, it will be because all of the Nildram packages (even some business ones) are being shifted to Tiscali LLU.

The migrations are still going on, and will be for some time yet.

Main problems when migrating make sure your router settings are at:

PPPoA
VPI 0
VCI 38
VC based multiplexing

Nildram used to use the old BT IPstream backhaul where PPPoE and LLC could authenticate, but no longer.
If your settings are PPPoA etc etc, then its most likely a problem with the migration; usually have to get BT back to the exchange or do SELT tests and board resets on the tiscali equipment.

Most of Nildram's default settings since the old 512Kbps packages, except the DNS adjustment on Tiscali lines, have continued to use the original details as expressed by bearhugger above. Better to use OpenDNS.org for the DNS anyway :) .

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules