Sponsored

Why do i keep getting Disconnected?

jinxey

Hi People, Im a tesco broadband customer and have been for a while now. The server is normally brillaint but lately i have found that its always disconnecting and then my modem takes ages to find a tone again. Not shaw, but could it be a problem with my exchange? as i am still waiting for the tesco 1mb upgrades.. (Apparently coming this summer :( ) Please can someone help me Thanks :D

monkeyarms

Ive had some probs recently too. But i think its too do with hot temperatures at night overheating my router, causing it to lock up. It restarts fine in morning tho.

Also ive noticed that my downstream db has gone from 64 a couple of months ago, to 72 now. I have heard that hot weather affects the line quality to your house.

So two things there to think about.

Summer = bad for ADSL!

phill

Top Member
Do you have a router or modem? If you have a modem then make a note of it's brand etc and post it here or google for info on pulling up line stats.

You might also want to check your filters and try disconnecting any sky boxes for a while, if you have sky.

Thankfully the weather has no adverse impact on my line stats it seems, in fact my attenuation has dropped.

jinxey

Ok sorry i havent replyed guys just returned from my holiday in france. So far it seems fine but ill let you all know later. Im using The speedtouch 330 modem that comes with the product.

nitrogen

Top Member
I too have a speedtouch 330 modem and my connection is cutting off every 5 mins but only when it is heavy rain.

I'm with pipex and have had this problem since day one. It is a BT fault I believe and BT corrects the problem and everything is fine for a short time then the fault occurs again.

First time BT engineer called, he told me it was my modem that was at fault.
I tried my modem on a friends house and it worked fine.

The second engineer that BT sent out said there was a fault and whatever he did, things worked great for ages, until I upgraded to 1mb, now I am having constant disconnections.

I have a BT engineer coming tomorrow to check the line again so I will post again if this problem ever gets resolved.

MAdMaN

Top Member
nitrogen said:
I too have a speedtouch 330 modem and my connection is cutting off every 5 mins but only when it is heavy rain.
Sounds like there's a faulty joint in the line, and when it rains the water is getting in.

romerogoon

Pro Member
Madman's got a point.

You may be suffering from a long line issue too; if the signal-to-noise ratio is above 62dB, then BT class it as a long line issue. You'll either have to call Tesco to try and get them to re-grade you to office500 or office1000.

Also, information coming out of Tesco offices denotes that the provisional launch date for Tesco 1mbps Broadband is 13th September 2005 :)

jinxey

:) i was just messing around on the tesco member centre! and wow! at last lol 1mb :eek: lol with id seen it earlier :) lol but its got a 3gb download limit....

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules