Sponsored

Why have Naims stopped accepting new customers?

Krimble

Why have Naims stopped accepting new customers? I have been looking for a new ISP and spent quite some time searching their website before I realized there are no packages on offer - only a reference to 'coming soon'. What's going on?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
They are/were a V Two One (v21) reseller and will have been caught up in the whole Biscit (V21) / NetServices dispute, which is continuing to cause problems. The fate of these resellers is in doubt and many have seemingly vanished, no longer responding to e-mails or support calls.

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
Here is something I saw off their site

"Due to recent broadband connection and speed issues,
we will be moving all our broadband connections from our
original broadband wholesalers platform to an new platform
within the next few days.
This move will give Naims greater control of your
broadband connections and allow us to offer a faster
response to any issues. Also the change will allow
us to provide our customers with the opportunity to
upgrade to our new upto 8Mb packages.

The move of the broadband platform will be carried out at a
cost to ourselves as we do not want to be at the mercy of
the existing broadband wholesaler any longer."

I like the bit about mercy:smilet:

Krimble

I should have guessed. I've spent much of the days searching for a new dial up ISP using ispreview's lists. Anything priced at £9.99 seem to be all connected to the same reseller package. They have cornered the market at that price. I found another which did offer packages but when I pretended to sign up to try to see the T&Cs everything had 'temporarily suspended' on it. After £9.99 there is a big step to about £13.99 or £14.99 and none of them so far look good value or reliably give good full information or they hint at having to use their own browser software, or they say they will use info about your browsing habits and sell it on. It's looking pretty hopeless. Been through the list twice. Goodbye V21, hello chaos.

laroc

Casual Member
No one in their right minds would now go to Naims. Their dial-up service is atrocious, sometimes going for days with no service.
Even if you manage to make contact with the server your outgoing emails appear to disappear into oblivion.
I jumped ship before Christmas to preserve my sanity.
I leant today their contact number is unobtainable and the email address bounces.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
If it was a choice between netservices at £9.99, or a someone else at £13.99 I would choose the latter everytime.

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
Hi , we were just passing and noticed this post.

We are currently unable to register any new customers for dial up as we are in the middle of confirming new packages. Existing customers did experience 2 separate faults over the past 2/3 months. One was the result of a card in the authentication server that had an intermittent fault. This proved hard to locate,but has now been replaced. We then had a line fault that, on connection reported a good connection speed, but the user only received about 12kbps. This problem was again intermittant but has also been resolved.

We can register new broadband accounts, however, until the web based registration interface has been completed,registration can only be processed manually via a phone call. If anyone is interested they should, review the broadband packages online , the registration link takes you to the contact us page . Send us a message and include any relevant information i.e. The phone number you would like the broadband put on, the full address and post code of the phone number, a MAC from your previous supplier, if you have one ( it is free to migrate to us now), and of course any questions you would like answered. We will call you during our evening call back sessions .

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their patience over the last few months. We are on the road to recovery and hope to resume full services in the near future.

Happy new year

Naims customer service

Last edited:

curtis

Top Member
well some how tonight there is jinx's at work as my speed has dropped from 1.8 kbps to under 0.8 kbps. so the question is why ??? tuesday my speed was 1,9 kbps & 1.8 kbps last night so why the sudden drop? I have3 a very good service from naims / biscit for the last 3 / 4 weeks so why the drop !!!!!!
one asks!! it has now drop to 738kbps so come on naims/biscit/v21 what is going!!!!!!! has this trying ones patiences going back to an unstable service?

Last edited:

curtis

Top Member
From me again I have run yet another speed check using speedtester.bt.com and the results are 532kbps man this is outrages no reasons given for the drop in speeds? No comments from them as to why or there is problem with the service? full stop

Krimble

Curtis, my sympathies - exact same sort of thing with V21 'everything's OK now. connection OK now, email working now.' when clearly it isn't just rubs salt in the wound - ISPs just will not be open and honest with their customers nor with potential new ones. This bad publicity thread would not exist if I had found good info on the website about what is really happening.

curtis

Top Member
Krimble thank you for sympathies, Sorry for delay replying to you sooner I have been busy?. like tonight I have done yet another speed check with thinkbroadband because I notice it was slow in login on the net? my speed was just a little over 527.69! slow compared to 1921kbps last night!!!
but I will agree with you that ISP'S are never honest with its customers all they want is your money full stop!!!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2467)
  2. FTTP (2096)
  3. FTTC (1634)
  4. Building Digital UK (1575)
  5. Openreach (1382)
  6. Politics (1380)
  7. Business (1209)
  8. Statistics (1079)
  9. FTTH (1015)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1008)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (887)
  14. 4G (875)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (587)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (566)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules