Sponsored

Will Aol Ever Get Any Better?

fedupone

:(i'VE BEEN WITH AOL FOR YEARS AND NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES UNTIL JANUARY WHEN THEY MIGRATED US ALL TO THEIR NEW SERVERS. SINCE THAT TIME I HAVE HAD CONSTANT DISCONNECTIONS, VERY SLOW SPEEDS DESPITE NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS TO AOL, NOTHING IS ANY BETTER!

I KNOW HAVE AN ERROR CODE THAT THEY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. SAYS ERROR CODE 10 CONNECTIVITY/CONNECTIVITY - THIS ONLY APPEARED SINCE THEY MOVED US TO THE NEW SERVER AND COMES UP EVERY TIME I GET DISCONNECTED.

TO TOP IT ALL I PAY FOR 2MB AT 14.99 A MONTH AND MY BROTHER GETS IT FOR 9.99 A MONTH. I'M SICK OF SPENDING MONEY PHONING THEM WITHOUT RESULTS. I JUST WANT WHAT I PAY FOR WHICH IS UNLIMITED 2MB BROADBAND - NOT SLOW SPEED AND CONSTANT DISCONNECTIONS

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sadly anything with "unlimited" in the title is usually misleading because broadband is a shared service, which means that they may promise unlimited access but will make no guarantees that your service quality can sustain that at a good speed.

Do you use a router or USB modem? If it's a router, would it be possible to paste your connection statistics so that we can see the quality of your line? It might also be worth checking through our connection tips guide, especially the Faceplate/Test Socket bit and trying a different PPP connection type:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/articles/adsltips

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Look at the left side of you keyboard, that CAPS key is VERY useful!

Will Aol Ever Get Any Better?
I doubt it, since they were taken over by CrapOneWhoreHouse, who created the massively popular TalkTalk (tagline: TalkTalk to us cos you can't surfsurf with us)

If you don't geat anywhere with them, leave - you may have to put up with a bit of downtime, but if they're that bad it will be worth it.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Will AOL ever sort out their dire customer services? Possibly...

Will AOL sort out the current problems with disconnections etc? Again, possibly...

Will AOL stop throttling speed and go back to giving everyone a decent monthly usage allowance? Extremely unlikely... :cool:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £16.80 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2587)
  2. FTTP (2362)
  3. FTTC (1700)
  4. Building Digital UK (1645)
  5. Politics (1490)
  6. Openreach (1468)
  7. Business (1288)
  8. FTTH (1168)
  9. Statistics (1130)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1087)
  11. Fibre Optic (994)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (949)
  13. Wireless Internet (946)
  14. 4G (942)
  15. Virgin Media (892)
  16. EE (617)
  17. Sky Broadband (616)
  18. TalkTalk (596)
  19. Vodafone (557)
  20. 3G (424)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules