Sponsored

Will Three address mast contention? Lets find out!

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
What three is doing is beyond any human understanding, but whatever it is its extremely good value for money!

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
Well, zero for me every month, I'm struggling to disagree, but I'd rather it'd be a reliable better maintained and managed network, which I'm sure we all agree it isn't.

At only £72 a month more for a year with Virgin 100 I'll be leaving very soon.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I do have to admit I deeply regret cancelling my £5/month unlimited data SIM from Three. I’ll probably never get that again
They offered me unlimited calls texts and data for £3/mth when my contacts up!

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
I do have to admit I deeply regret cancelling my £5/month unlimited data SIM from Three. I’ll probably never get that again
It would not have lasted forever.. and if performance is bad.. it's just £5 thrown away.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
It would not have lasted forever.. and if performance is bad.. it's just £5 thrown away.
From what I've seen it probably would have lasted forever. Three don't apply 'discounts' to your account, they just regrade it to a different price and if you never renew your contract it just stays as it is (obviously). Would have been good in a mobile hotspot or something like that for long car journeys. I have one that only uses 3G and it's fine for streaming a film or two on so speed shouldn't be that bad if it's a few devices.

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
That must have irked them knowing someone would rather leave than give them £5 a month for their top tier service! :)
I left three for my mobile account a few months ago to save £1.
Was a low tarrif of £7 for 4GB which is all i need and virgin had it at £6.
Being Scottish, a pound is a pound. :D

Expecting them to just drop the pound to match Virgin, after the speaking to my supervisor milarky, they refused to budge so I asked for my PAC and I'm with Virgin now.

You'd have thought that £6 every month would be preferable to them rather than £0, but it seems not.

My other unlimited everything contract with three is up next month, it's unbearably slow now so looks like I'll be closing that as well.

They used to break an arm and a leg to get you to stay with them, changed days it seems.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

kommando828

ULTIMATE Member
I had a Legacy sim from Three with unlimited data, they have occasional purges on old active sims on cheap contracts out of the contract period and the choice is to cancel or take up their 'New' offer which is a lot more. So your £3 would not be £3 now.

Gandi69

Top Member
Speeds are back up again this morning which is better. What im not happy about is three promised to charge me half my current bill amount due to speed issues in my areas. No such luck, still paying top whack. Sounds to me like their staff offer anything they can over the phone without the authority to actually apply it.

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
It depends when your billing date is, if its already gone through prior to them deducting it, it'll be from the following month its deducted.

I've had that conversation with them too.

Gandi69

Top Member
on the live chat now - they are denying all knowledge of any credits on my account

Managed to resolve it so I should get two credits now for the missing months. Works wonders when you make a complaint but im not holding out much hope ill actually see this credit! the "Network Team" are apparently calling me in 72 hours, thatll be fun

CarlO1460

Top Member
Three are easily managed by chatting to their live social media team via Twitter - send them a message they will send you the link.
Generally English from past experience, and on the ball.
They have an obligation to pay by week for service not fit for purpose.
I had so many months free off them but it just became unusable so I jumped ship.

Gandi69

Top Member
Three are easily managed by chatting to their live social media team via Twitter - send them a message they will send you the link.
Generally English from past experience, and on the ball.
They have an obligation to pay by week for service not fit for purpose.
I had so many months free off them but it just became unusable so I jumped ship.

Have tried to the twitter method but they redirected me to live chat after things got a little too "difficult" for them to answer (ie non stock answers)

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
Managed to resolve it so I should get two credits now for the missing months. Works wonders when you make a complaint but im not holding out much hope ill actually see this credit! the "Network Team" are apparently calling me in 72 hours, thatll be fun

After going on web-chat yet again today (2Mbps at 10am!) the network team are calling me in the next 72 hours too (for the 6th time this year.)

Another £10 credit on my account too....

Last edited:

CarlO1460

Top Member
Have tried to the twitter method but they redirected me to live chat after things got a little too "difficult" for them to answer (ie non stock answers)
Yeah the Twitter team direct you to the social media live chat team who are generally English speaking and more informative and less challenging to deal with.

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
I guess the bad publicity on a publically facing webfeed makes them more inclined to resolve issues then? Because they're customer services team seems to have the opposite work ethic.

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Well, it's public shaming which can affect sales so ...
Customer services don't necessarily need to concern themselves with this to the same degree.. I mean, once you've caught the customer in a contract it's f*ck-all from there.
I know it's not as black and white as that, but you get my gist.

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
Well, sales is everything where three is concerned. At my location with a mast that's been at capacity for 18 months they're still selling new broadband contracts, which speaks volumes.

It isn't about the quality of service three delivers, its about getting them customers in the door.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £15.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £27.00 (*59.00)
    Speed: 500Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00 (*51.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3503)
  2. BT (3008)
  3. Politics (1923)
  4. Building Digital UK (1918)
  5. FTTC (1882)
  6. Openreach (1821)
  7. Business (1678)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1469)
  9. Statistics (1406)
  10. FTTH (1364)
  11. 4G (1271)
  12. Fibre Optic (1166)
  13. Virgin Media (1159)
  14. Wireless Internet (1152)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1139)
  16. Vodafone (836)
  17. EE (830)
  18. TalkTalk (760)
  19. 5G (760)
  20. Sky Broadband (744)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules