Sponsored

Will Three address mast contention? Lets find out!

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Well, we need to realise Three (like everyone else) is a business; their raison d'etre is to make money and keep share holders happy, not to give you a good Internet connection, that's secondary. :)

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
Well if you got "what you paid for" then everyone would be a lot happier, but then again for that to happen you have to "be told what you'll be getting" and that's a big problem for 4G/5G providers in the UK, because its more a case of "you get what your given." currently, regardless of the mast tech involved.

I've been told numerous times on three for example that if you get speeds below 15Mbps then you need to contact them, but they sell their 4/5g broadband like this...

With absolutely no mention of speed or reliability whatsoever.

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
How do you exactly expect mobile providers to be able to mention any speed information, or indeed measure that to determine if they are delivering to a mentioned speed?

Great news! You're able to get 50Mbps**

**except on every 2nd Sunday during the summer when there is a local cricket match down the road... and that day twice a year when Microsoft release a DLC update for CoD... and on the Bank Holiday weekend when Billy visits his cousin for their birthday party...

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
By having the infrastructure in place to deliver the services they are selling Gavin. Energy companies have to have enough electricity to supply all the kettles boiling water for all the cups of tea when the world cup final gets to half-time, so why shouldn't mobile carriers when people are using more and more bandwidth month after month? Its exacerbated further by everyone working from home still too.

I'm in the way of thinking that web connectivity through mobile should be treated the same as any other part of the countries infrastructure, but it isn't, its like its some commodity instead and you pay for what you get regardless of what you're getting.

Plus with 4G and 5G i'm pretty certain now you get what they are prepared to give you, its not all down to the signal.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Lucian is right with the sales thing and gavin is right with the speed guarantee thing. They did used to have a thing next to it when you bought it on the website saying avg speeds 15Mbps, at least when I bought mine. They couldn’t care less about the quality of your service, you aren’t their only customer and they have a whole nation to serve for.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I don't think its just my service, I think three couldn't care less about anyone's service.
No it's not like that, they do want to provide a service, but they don't tailor it to individual people, moreover individual areas. They used to be crap in my area but since they upgraded it to 5G it's been great. They obviously recognized over about 4 years it needed upgrading so if you want them to upgrade your service, get others to complain too as 1 person moaning to them and they couldn't care less

Last edited:

vcommsmind

Pro Member
Well if you got "what you paid for" then everyone would be a lot happier, but then again for that to happen you have to "be told what you'll be getting" and that's a big problem for 4G/5G providers in the UK, because its more a case of "you get what your given." currently, regardless of the mast tech involved.

I've been told numerous times on three for example that if you get speeds below 15Mbps then you need to contact them, but they sell their 4/5g broadband like this...

With absolutely no mention of speed or reliability whatsoever.

do let me know where the other networks provide the guarantee on speed or reliability.

vcommsmind

Pro Member
I had a Legacy sim from Three with unlimited data, they have occasional purges on old active sims on cheap contracts out of the contract period and the choice is to cancel or take up their 'New' offer which is a lot more. So your £3 would not be £3 now.

You'd be surprised how often they don't - I've got a sim on the 3ToGo tariff, still works, and I've got one on the old One Plan they insisted they'd removed people from.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
You'd be surprised how often they don't - I've got a sim on the 3ToGo tariff, still works, and I've got one on the old One Plan they insisted they'd removed people from.
One of my grandparents still uses a three one plan as they don’t want to upgrade. Three have tried to get them onto a new contract but they just don’t have it and tell them they will ‘think about it’.

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
do let me know where the other networks provide the guarantee on speed or reliability.

Well apparently (more thanks to OFCOM) if you get less than 10Mbps down and 1Mbps up you can request a free FTTP upgrade!

But only as long as you can't get 4G and it don't cost more than £3400 to install! So even then you're screwed.

So whilst 30Mbps is "superfast", 10Mbps is unacceptable.

Shoot me now.

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Oh yeah, they are really getting ahead of themselves with the speed descriptions.

Timboy

Speak to a brick wall, its as productive as webchat, calling or writing to them..... oh sorry, was that sarcasm?
Indeed.

What you're trying to portray as being what people get from 3 is very very far from accurate.

You know that but you keep on with the same message and you horrendously spam the posts and forum with that knowing that Mark can't ban the messages you incessantly post.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Three is fine for me here too, 4G alone hitting 80Mbps on B3 and B1 & B3 CA hitting about 140Mbps. 5G is about 500Mbps like yours too.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Can't be true, Buggzy says 3 is rubbish and the speeds terrible everywhere.
Sarcasm again? Thought so. And ye, it is true.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.95 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £23.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £23.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First Month Free
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £26.00 (*54.00)
    Speed: 400Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £26.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3398)
  2. BT (2984)
  3. Politics (1891)
  4. Building Digital UK (1889)
  5. FTTC (1872)
  6. Openreach (1796)
  7. Business (1641)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1443)
  9. Statistics (1388)
  10. FTTH (1363)
  11. 4G (1249)
  12. Fibre Optic (1150)
  13. Virgin Media (1139)
  14. Wireless Internet (1135)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1126)
  16. Vodafone (822)
  17. EE (816)
  18. TalkTalk (750)
  19. 5G (735)
  20. Sky Broadband (731)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules