Sponsored Links

Windows 10 and the double-click thing

It shows as Win 10 pro so the limits shouldn't apply again a wierd case I am really struggling to find the answer for this but would love to be able to use all my ram..

win10pro.jpg

upon further research those limits l mentioned were correct at one point in time.. that only leaves either the edition is the problem and it happens to be one with a limitation.. or a bios issue, that is to say lve come across a few peeps whos bios's werent interacting with win10 properly as they were customised in some way.

l am curious tho, are we talking PC or Laptop, it might be useful to know the make and model if its not a self build (tho some hardware specs would be useful if it was a self build, like motherboard and ram info etc).

It shows as Win 10 pro so the limits shouldn't apply again a wierd case I am really struggling to find the answer for this but would love to be able to use all my ram..
View attachment 40

Having followed that link, I would guess you have Win10 Pro 32bit, not Win10 Pro 64bit.

@drsox, the RAM amounts are wrong, but M$ ARE pulling a fast one; or did you not notice??
The Home editions ARE RAM limited compared with the PRO versions; the limits are right their on the page you link to; Home 64bit can only see a quarter of the Pro/Enterprise 64bit limits.

It might not matter today, but in a few years MS will make a killing as the RAM limits impact people and they have to pay to upgrade, I already know of a few gamers running 128GB of RAM - although god knows why (willy waving??).

In Windows 7 / 8 you could fix that via the Advanced Boot Options, but MSCONFIG doesn't fully exist in Windows 10 as they've chosen a different approach to boot management in order to speed up the launching.

[video=youtube;oe34DiexXzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe34DiexXzk[/video]

So for Windows 10 you have to tell the computer to restart and load the advanced options, which should enable you to enable the max memory setting and input a figure like 16384.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57316-16-gb-ram-installed-but-only-8-gb-usable.html

@ Captain no it is 64bit that image shows it is 64bit lione below the ram.

@Mark.J followed them already if I tick the box then the number you posted is automaically added save reboot and still limited go back to check and it is now ticked but showing 0, so ticked or unticked it show 0 the only thing I haven't tried is putting two sticks of 8Gb ram as I woud need to buy them it has a matched sest of 4x4GB sticks of DDR3.

Motherboard is asus p7p55d-premium
processor is Intel?core i7 cpu K875 @2.93GHz
graphics card Geforce GTX 560Ti
Was built for me by a friend so not shop bought.

On win 7 had no issues at all with ram started with 8GB later was upgraded to the 16GB reboot and it just worked but win 10 forget it. Searched web tried everything suggested still only usabel 8Gb.

Had a few friends say dump windows and go lynx as only advice to give to sort out ram problem.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Kitts, I missed the jpg link.

Is the RAM thing due to differences between the two chips? Used to be the case that some motherboards would ignore a second chip if it didn't "match" the first one.

Coming back on topic (cough)

Does nobody else have this double-click issue? It doesn't seem to be common.

It's not really 'double-click', it's simply that the first click on so many things isn't recognised. I'm not going blind and clicking in the wrong place, honestly ;)

It's not the mouse battery. I wonder if it's the wireless nature of the mouse and keyboard but then I don't have to press any keys twice.

It's bugging the hell out of me. Started with Windows 10.

As I posted the ram is a matched set of 4x4GB all bought together.

The double click thing have spoken to one friend and he asked if the mouse was compatable with windows 10 did it say on the packaging windows 10 or was it for win7 or 8?

Seems he had issues with one mouse forgot the make but when he read up the drivers it was using on win10 caused issues as it was not compatable he bought a new one win 10 on box no problems

Try the mouse with the OS built in drivers, I had a drivers disk for my gaming mouse - HATED the set-up, so went back to the basic Win7 driver and never looked back.

I'd second that. Usually the first thing I do with any new laptop or computer is remove all of the software specific stuff (a lot of it is NOT necessary.. just bloat) and go back to defaults. Solves so many problems.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules