Sponsored Links

Wireless Leased Line

mpswardle

Anyone have any experience of these?

Lots of providers in London and i think will be possible from my premise, but wanted to know if anyone knows how they perform.

Edit: I was wrong, misunderstood what you were after

Last edited:
Generally a Wireless Leased Line will usually mean some sort of uncontended business point-to-point Microwave link. In ideal circumstances these may be cheaper to install than fibre (probably quite a bit cheaper on the build side, provided you have line-of-sight), but you can still expect to pay a fairly high rental vs residential connectivity.

In terms of performance, a solid Microwave link is no slouch and depending upon the technology you can reach into Gigabit speeds. Be interested to know how you get on with this as the prices for such services are much harder to unearth, but they're solid performers.

Sponsored Links
That's a bit steep.
Why not use a mobile connection?

This isn't the same kind of product this is comparable to a dedicated line, and you can buy speeds up to 10Gbps.

For business usage.

That's fair enough, wisp is a different beast.

That said, in case you're not that put off by mobile, EE have an unlimited data sim business contract on promotion for £23.

If you're in a 5G area you could be looking at well over 100 mbps. I've never seen mine go below 200mbps, in fact it's usually over 300mbps dl, 60+mbps ul. Yes, there is cgnat and 30ms pings, but I found that not to be a problem in my case.

Sponsored Links
Wow @Lucian, you really like EE!

Not a fanboi, but it's the provider I've had most success with and they seem to be doing a better job than most generally..

That's fair enough, wisp is a different beast.

That said, in case you're not that put off by mobile, EE have an unlimited data sim business contract on promotion for £23.

If you're in a 5G area you could be looking at well over 100 mbps. I've never seen mine go below 200mbps, in fact it's usually over 300mbps dl, 60+mbps ul. Yes, there is cgnat and 30ms pings, but I found that not to be a problem in my case.
Also note the CGNAT and 1TB data limit for their 'Unlimited' Buisness plans

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules