Sponsored

Wtf?????

madslug

Casual Member
I haven't posted much but certainly been reading a lot.....

Just went to cancel online through the members area and was presented with this..

ADSL Early Termination Fee: £20.00
Total to Pay (inc 28 days notice): £215.49 (346 days)

What is this all about? I thought I could move away for free.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I haven't posted much but certainly been reading a lot.....

Just went to cancel online through the members area and was presented with this..

ADSL Early Termination Fee: £20.00
Total to Pay (inc 28 days notice): £215.49 (346 days)

What is this all about? I thought I could move away for free.
You will have to call them up and ask for them to explain how they get to the price of £215.49

Sees Fast4 has gone into overdrive today :(

r1ck

Casual Member
i had the same problem just send them an email and they should put it right, they did with me. i leave on Thursday and i cant chuffing wait.

on a side note its taken me 15 minutes to load this damn page, i had a faster connection to the internet in 1986 with my speak and spell sellotaped to a toaster . im off to bed this sucks

qlp

on a side note its taken me 15 minutes to load this damn page, i had a faster connection to the internet in 1986 with my speak and spell sellotaped to a toaster . im off to bed this sucks
LMFAO so true.

Weatherlawyer

ULTIMATE Member
So how long before Fast 4 take their providers to court?

I gathered from another thread they were having trouble migrating customers from somewhere or other.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
i had a faster connection to the internet in 1986 with my speak and spell sellotaped to a toaster . im off to bed this sucks
:laugh: :laugh:

Paulplex

ISP Rep
There was a fault with the cancellation process that has now been resolved; if customers request to cancel their account at this time now, they should not find an exit fee charged to them, or excessive final amounts - only what is due within the final 28 days of your notice period.

alared

Casual Member
Thanks for that Paul.
I managed to cancel just now and it`s set for 15/4/08.
I have been with Fast4, both on dial-up and BB for over four years but this latest change of package is the final straw.
Thanks for all your help in the past.
At least you take the time and trouble to come on the forum to answer questions.

5atan

LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...LIES...

There was a fault with the cancellation process that has now been resolved; if customers request to cancel their account at this time now, they should not find an exit fee charged to them, or excessive final amounts - only what is due within the final 28 days of your notice period.
11/03/2008
11:48:29 Customer Services I can close your account for you however there is a fee of £31.50 to pay on the account before this can be closed.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan
Customer Services

account is paid up to the 15th

just got the MAC valid till the 10th/04

so for 28days notice it should be £16.95? less 4 days that I've paid already paid for

what a bunch of cr00ks

sent on behalf of rasa@fast4.net

Capped4

Pro Member
Paul, did you forget to mention that when the poster closes his account (with notice) He'll be put straight on to the 8M congestion control package and be practically unable to use the internet?

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
that seems pretty childish if you ask me... its like saying "we dont want you because your moving provider, we wont give him/her service anymore"

paul316

Pro Member
that seems pretty childish if you ask me... its like saying "we dont want you because your moving provider, we wont give him/her service anymore"
Exactly, and even more galling is this idea that they want a months payment. Now, I really wouldn't mind paying a months fee to get away, but I in return expect the service to remain normal as I have payed for it. Especially as I haven't even reached double figures yet in regards to the cap.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Exactly, and even more galling is this idea that they want a months payment. Now, I really wouldn't mind paying a months fee to get away, but I in return expect the service to remain normal as I have payed for it. Especially as I haven't even reached double figures yet in regards to the cap.

Perhaps this member has the right idea since this is a problem that is created by the ISP which does seem like unfair trading and not supplying what the custoiemr signed up for or paid for.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=26600

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2246)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules