Sponsored Links

Xilo - not wanting any customers?

I am trying to migrate away from ADSL24 which has gone right down hill since Coms PLC took over and I wam trying to return to Xilo but:

- They don't have a sales team that answers the phone, you just get a recorded message asking you to contact them via the web.
- One contact number doesn't even work!
- The contact form on the website also doesn't work, showing a scripting error.

I have been trying to contact them for a few days now, are they still good or have they gone down hill? I used to be with them a few years ago but left when I moved house.

Really frustrating... I am trying to give them money and my custom but they don't seem interested in making money :confused:

Gave up in the end and gave my custom to AA.

Xilo lost out big time as I was thinking of transferring business' internet and hosting to them.

For some time now XILO has allowed the sales contact side to wane, which they claim is due to putting more effort into their technical support and service instead of the sales department.

It was a good PR line but we keep hearing this complaint and it's a very odd position for sales to take a backseat to the point of being unreachable, which does seem to be impacting their image and uptake.

We might struggle to include XILO in future recommendations if an ISP that we highlight can't actually communicate with potential customers. Hopefully they put some effort into resolving this before next year.

Sponsored Links
We prioritise our paying customers. We have a number of people solely working on the sales calls that are inbound but if they are busy, a recorded message clearly explains this and offers alternative ways to get in touch - I don't think that is unfair.

Sales chats and emails are answered within the hour during office hours as they are much quicker to deal with.

I've tried both contact numbers without any problem - which one did you try that had an issue?

Also, the contact form appears to work normally and have just submitted a test email and got an email back in a few seconds advising the message was received but I'd be interesting to know what error you saw please.

Nope, sorry uno but that just won't wash.

I'm a paying customer trying to upgrade to fibre broadband. I attempted to contact you on the phone, via livechat and email earlier this morning. No one hour return here.

It's disappointing because your customer service was the only reason I've stayed with you for so long.

Sorry about that - what's the request number?

We've got one unanswered sales request in the queue that was submitted after 5:30pm today. I'll gladly have a look at your reference to find out when it was received and replied to.

Matt

Email ID: 2014-09-26-X869
Subject: Upgrading Internet connection
Team: Sales
Received: Friday 26 September 2014 at 11:15

Sponsored Links
... and we did reply to it.

2014-09-26-X869
Upgrading Internet connection
Today at 12:17pm

Does not link to an account so it's possible a spam filter on the way ate it. Can you re-submit via the account in question, via the portal and we can then reply there so we're not reliant on just emails and you can track via the portal too.

Matt

Hi Matt,

It's been 17 days since I ordered.

I have posted a ticket within Xilo but I'm beginning to wonder if you are the only employee of Xilo and have to tackle Sales, Ordering, Technical etc all on your own??

Hi,

If you want to drop a ticket for my attention, it'll be passed to me and I will have a look at your order for you.

I am heading out now though but it will be picked up and assigned so once I get back to a computer in an hour, I can take a deeper look.

Matt

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules