Sponsored

Yet more ezeedsl problems

Beaker

Casual Member
Having suffered the contractual 12 month con imposed when ezeedsl replaced v21 as my ISP. I am now ready to change ISP. As usual with this not so reputable company nothing is easy and I have requested my MAC through their wretched medusa portal and by e mail with no joy.Can anyone suggest a next step,I have cancelled payments via world pay as I am fully paid up to date but ideally don't want them to remove my "service" before they give me an opportunity to migrate away.Any suggestions excepting murder welcome.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If you have proof of when you requested your MAC send this to OFCOM after 5 working days if the MAC hasn't arrived. They will deal and you will be contacted by ezeedsl.

Beaker

Casual Member
Thanks for the reply I will try Ofcom and see if they can help.I will update the thread if and when I get anywhere. Cheers.

Beaker

Casual Member
Having checked Ofcom's website they do not deal with individual complaints.What are they for then.Back to square one.Any more ideas.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
try this site for more help.
http://www.maccode.org.uk/

Still report them to ofcom as others have already reported them before you plus some tried to send another email giving a date for the mac or they go to ofcom and had their mac the evening before the deadlin.

lobster1

Having suffered the contractual 12 month con imposed when ezeedsl replaced v21 as my ISP. I am now ready to change ISP. As usual with this not so reputable company nothing is easy and I have requested my MAC through their wretched medusa portal and by e mail with no joy.Can anyone suggest a next step,I have cancelled payments via world pay as I am fully paid up to date but ideally don't want them to remove my "service" before they give me an opportunity to migrate away.Any suggestions excepting murder welcome.
remember we are also due a free months service out of this bunch of parasites so they have no right to cut you off after the 16th nov even if you have not got your migration sorted by then.
as ive quoted before its strange you have not got your MAC straight away via the medusa portal,as far as i know its basically an automated service and its usually the only thing that works in this joke of a company,i usually apply for one every month just for the hell of it and to leave them some nice comments and it always comes through pretty quick

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Having checked Ofcom's website they do not deal with individual complaints.What are they for then.Back to square one.Any more ideas.
None the less if the 5 Working days deadline has passed and you've not been able to resolve it with your ISP then you should report them to Ofcom as Kits advised.

I think it is quite likely that Ofcom will contact the company, which should be enough to spur them into compliance. I've seen many a post where someone has got their MAC shortly after a complaint to ofcom when normal approaches to their ISP failed.

Beaker

Casual Member
remember we are also due a free months service out of this bunch of parasites so they have no right to cut you off after the 16th nov even if you have not got your migration sorted by then.
as ive quoted before its strange you have not got your MAC straight away via the medusa portal,as far as i know its basically an automated service and its usually the only thing that works in this joke of a company,i usually apply for one every month just for the hell of it and to leave them some nice comments and it always comes through pretty quick
The only thing I get on the medusa portal are the words "Referred for manual intervention". I have checked every day for a week and their is no change.I have reported my problem to Ofcom and this has generated an auto response but insisting they do not deal with individual complaints.

Beaker

Casual Member
Thanks for all your advice and support.My MAC has magically appeared on the legendary Medusa Portal.Now to the best ISP forum thread.Thanks again.

Beaker

Casual Member
Just as a final insult the wonderful people at Ezeedsl have cut me off before I have set up my new ISP demanding yet more money(a very similar page to the original walled garden approach of 13 months ago). The option to sign up for another twelve months or pay £39.99 for one extra month plus outstanding payments (whatever they may be).

Even though it will be and is inconvenient I am determined not to give them another penny.So be aware receiving your MAC is not the final relief from these people.I don't know what happened to the "free" month I was promised.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Ah, sleazydsl, My least favourite ISP!

Don't let them get away with it. Make a formal complaint in writing to the company demanding recompense for the free month they've withheld, plus compensation for the withdrawal of the service. Make it clear to them if you do not receive a satisfactory response you WILL be pursuing it through their Ofcom approved arbitrator - Cisas http://www.cisas.org.uk/index.asp

If you have incurred an additional monthly payment due to your ISP delaying your migration by not providing a MAC within 5 working days, then in my view they should be picking up the cost of that themselves.

I would suggest an immediate complaint to Ofcom.

lobster1

Just as a final insult the wonderful people at Ezeedsl have cut me off before I have set up my new ISP demanding yet more money(a very similar page to the original walled garden approach of 13 months ago). The option to sign up for another twelve months or pay £39.99 for one extra month plus outstanding payments (whatever they may be).

Even though it will be and is inconvenient I am determined not to give them another penny.So be aware receiving your MAC is not the final relief from these people.I don't know what happened to the "free" month I was promised.

im waiting for the parasites to do the same to me,i stopped the worldpay job last week before they thieved my money,gave them 30 days notice to end my account on the 15th of december at the end of my free month, but i fully expect to get cut off for non payment soon.
last time i stopped the agreement it took them 7 days to cut me off so it must be imminent.
makes you wonder if they are cash strapped and cant afford to lose a months income,or there again has as been proved in the past they are just thieves of the lowest order,vermin of the internet world,as low and hated as spammers,pure garbage.
makes you feel like sending rentokill round

lobster1

i tried rentokill but they are too expensive,they said they usually subcontract such jobs to a couple of lads from bradford but with the high cost of petrol and health and safety banning them using glass bottles they were not really interested in the job.
i also tried enviromental health at leeds city council but they said isp's arn't on their list of vermin at the moment but they would get back to me if things changed

firenet

ISP Rep
Again Lobster, we are working with all customers new and old to improve customer services, please advise on our free offer to come and help us improve customer performance more..

We would really need someone like you to advise us on how to do things better in customer support

We have managed to resolve fully our support tactics and are currently working on Billing procedures, we should have completion of a new and perfect billing platform in the following weeks.

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
Apart from the bad taste left by the "garden walling" after Biscit went bust I've always been happy with the solid connection from EzeeDSL, but as an existing Sky satellite user I found the attraction of £5 per month broadband too good to miss. I have two BT lines so thought it would be a good idea to get Sky up and running on the second line during the notice period to Ezee so that any teething problems could be minimised. My direct debit goes through on the 15th so I duly gaave a cease notice through Medusa on the 13th or 14th. This was very efficiently and quickly acknowledged with confirmation that my account was up to date and that the "cease" notice had been sent to BT. I replied to the effect that the direct debit going through would pay for service up to 14th May and I had expected to receive the service till then. I was then told that cease notices can't be retracted and that the service would cease when BT had actioned it, probably after about 5 days. After that had happened they would look at the possibility of a refund for the remaining paid-up period. From what I've read Sky are usually quite quick to set things up so I thought I'd be without broadband for perhaps a week at most. Yesterday evening (15th) my adsl dropped and won't come back, despite the fact that the green light is showing on my modem. I suspect that the line is still adsl enabled but Ezee have cut me off anyway. I still haven't even received my Sky router so it looks like I'll be on dial-up for some time. Ironic when I tried to do everything correctly! I haven't bothered going back through Medusa to query the situation as I feel it would just complicate things.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1446)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1114)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (924)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules