Sponsored

YouFibre Scotland

Bawlk

hello all, i don't usually post so hopefully this should be ok under general :)

After seeing some evidence regarding YouFibre coming to Scotland I had to investigate, unfortunately not much on their website however after a bit of digging and looking into their infrastructure provider Netomnia I found their rollout plans and looks to be quite a few large towns across central Scotland are on the plans.

Majority of these areas don't have Full Fibre by anyone else, only really virgin media coax and the odd new build estate with Openreach FTTP

Great to see another AltNet come to Scotland outside of the city centres where CityFibre is building and a few small local providers up North and on the borders.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yes, I'm currently chasing them for a comment since your nod on Twitter, but I think the Friday blues may have got in the way of a response. But as you say, it's wonderful to see another altnet crossing into Scotland.

Bawlk

Yes, I'm currently chasing them for a comment since your nod on Twitter, but I think the Friday blues may have got in the way of a response. But as you say, it's wonderful to see another altnet crossing into Scotland.
Thanks Mark, from what I can see is that East Kilbride is currently in progress.
I just checked my emails and they replied to say that my parents area in Livingston is currently under very early planning stages and can't give an estimate on when service might be available until this is completed.

Also Grain Connect have teamed up with Keepmoat homes to install their services along side Openreach in developments in Scotland

Bawlk

@Mark.J

They've updated their rollout status, changing the colours as well. Would seem as if it's East Kilbride and Hamilton that are "In Progress” and the rest are "To Do"

(Would upload a picture but file size is to large)

Naebad

I’ve signed up with Youfibre in Lindsayfield, East Kilbride with an installation date of end of March. £35/month for 18 months and £180 to buy me out of my current contract with Plusnet - that’s for 1Gbit.

I’ve been chasing Openreach and they are currently working to fibre up my street but it will be at some point possibly in the next 2 years, so I’m delighted that Youfibre/Netomnia are practically here…

Bawlk

Netomnia have posted an update on Twitter saying they are live now in East Kilbride, and that over 1,000 residents and businesses can now access their network.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £21.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4015)
  2. BT (3131)
  3. Politics (2086)
  4. Building Digital UK (2007)
  5. Openreach (1950)
  6. FTTC (1917)
  7. Business (1803)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1588)
  9. Statistics (1487)
  10. FTTH (1369)
  11. 4G (1359)
  12. Virgin Media (1264)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1229)
  14. Fibre Optic (1221)
  15. Wireless Internet (1220)
  16. Vodafone (920)
  17. EE (899)
  18. 5G (874)
  19. TalkTalk (815)
  20. Sky Broadband (782)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules