Sponsored Links

YouFibre Scotland rollout

Bawlk

Top Member
hello all, i don't usually post so hopefully this should be ok under general :)

After seeing some evidence regarding YouFibre coming to Scotland I had to investigate, unfortunately not much on their website however after a bit of digging and looking into their infrastructure provider Netomnia I found their rollout plans and looks to be quite a few large towns across central Scotland are on the plans.

Majority of these areas don't have Full Fibre by anyone else, only really virgin media coax and the odd new build estate with Openreach FTTP

Great to see another AltNet come to Scotland outside of the city centres where CityFibre is building and a few small local providers up North and on the borders.

Yes, I'm currently chasing them for a comment since your nod on Twitter, but I think the Friday blues may have got in the way of a response. But as you say, it's wonderful to see another altnet crossing into Scotland.

Yes, I'm currently chasing them for a comment since your nod on Twitter, but I think the Friday blues may have got in the way of a response. But as you say, it's wonderful to see another altnet crossing into Scotland.
Thanks Mark, from what I can see is that East Kilbride is currently in progress.
I just checked my emails and they replied to say that my parents area in Livingston is currently under very early planning stages and can't give an estimate on when service might be available until this is completed.

Also Grain Connect have teamed up with Keepmoat homes to install their services along side Openreach in developments in Scotland

Sponsored Links
@Mark.J

They've updated their rollout status, changing the colours as well. Would seem as if it's East Kilbride and Hamilton that are "In Progress” and the rest are "To Do"

(Would upload a picture but file size is to large)

I’ve signed up with Youfibre in Lindsayfield, East Kilbride with an installation date of end of March. £35/month for 18 months and £180 to buy me out of my current contract with Plusnet - that’s for 1Gbit.

I’ve been chasing Openreach and they are currently working to fibre up my street but it will be at some point possibly in the next 2 years, so I’m delighted that Youfibre/Netomnia are practically here…

Netomnia have posted an update on Twitter saying they are live now in East Kilbride, and that over 1,000 residents and businesses can now access their network.

Looks like Netomnia have updated their rollout map to say "Start in 2022" and have changed a few locations in Scotland.

Build areas showing as live;
East Kilbride
Hamilton

Build areas showing as In progress;
Falkirk
Coatbridge

Areas to start build in 2022;
Dumfries
Irvine
Kilmarnock
Cumbernauld
Livingston
Dunfermline
Kirkcaldy
Leaven
Glenrothes
Musselburgh
Penicuik

Sponsored Links
Update: Netomnia rollout map.

Irvine - has joined the 'In Progress' list of towns

Looks like Netomnia have updated their rollout map to say "Start in 2022" and have changed a few locations in Scotland.

Build areas showing as live;
East Kilbride
Hamilton

Build areas showing as In progress;
Falkirk
Coatbridge

Areas to start build in 2022;
Dumfries
Irvine
Kilmarnock
Cumbernauld
Livingston
Dunfermline
Kirkcaldy
Leaven
Glenrothes
Musselburgh
Penicuik

The Coatbridge area also seems to extend to Airdrie (or parts of it at least), I imagine similar will apply to other areas

Netomnia seems to have updated their rollout map to highlight the build areas - Each dot is their exchange and highlight area is planned build

Capture-Netomnia-min.PNG

I wonder when they'll update their checker to show what properties are included, tried a few for Coatbridge area and all show as not in plan. I'm hopeful in my case as they installed chambers less than 100m away (although I guess they could find a blocked duct, and deem it not worth fixing for only a few potential customers)

Sponsored Links
I wonder when they'll update their checker to show what properties are included, tried a few for Coatbridge area and all show as not in plan. I'm hopeful in my case as they installed chambers less than 100m away (although I guess they could find a blocked duct, and deem it not worth fixing for only a few potential customers)
I've checked a few and seems to show not in plan unless the location is live... Bit odd 🤔

even in Falkirk where they are live I tried a few postcodes from housing estates, and none were live. I guess in early stages they rely on door to door sales and not online signups

could also be that the increased number of poles on private land means there is far from universal coverage in the claimed areas

even in Falkirk where they are live I tried a few postcodes from housing estates, and none were live. I guess in early stages they rely on door to door sales and not online signups

could also be that the increased number of poles on private land means there is far from universal coverage in the claimed areas
Using https://bidb.uk/ you I've found a few places love on the outskirts of the town, also double checked directly and shows up as live too.

Interesting it looks like the coverage shown on bidb is rather more sparse than the maps on Netomnia appear. I wonder if thats just due to the early stage of the rollouts, or if they are being very particular about the estates they are covering

Although Netomnia have a contract (through Comms world) to cover council properties (schools etc) in North Lanarkshire, so maybe the coverage will be higher there.

Sponsored Links
At least with Netomnia once the area is build they pretty much go live unlike others that wait for a massive area then go live all at once.

That's good to know, fingers crossed it's rolled out to me, and that thier rollout generally in Scotland goes well. Certainly in a few if the areas I've seen planned there aren't many options, some FTTC only some virgin only

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules