Sponsored Links

Zen and Openreach fiasco

Prattler

Sorry if I posted this twice I could not see the 1st post.

I orderered telephone and fibre from Zen on the 20\11\2019. I have lost count of how many installation dates I have waited for and watched go by. It's now 19\3\2019 and I am still no closer to getting a line into my business. I need a pole installed onsite, despite talling zen I did not have a pole near my premises and engineer turned up 2 weeks after I ordered the line only to say I need some poling work dont before he could fit the line!

I am Sick of Zen it's not as though anyone esle is going to get the job done quicker as the ISP would still need to use Openreach. I googles compensation and it look like in theory Zen might pay out but at the moment they don't have to but going bt Ofcoms recommendatiosn I should get paid £25 for each missed appointment and £5 per day i have had to wait.

On the 10\12\18 I had a site inspection confirming I need a new pole. Was told due to xmas the pole would be delayed

28\1\2019 Engineer appointment to install pole. Did not turn up.
29\1\2019 Called Zen was told Opeanreach would turn up tomorrow.
30\1\2019 Openreach did not turn up.
31\1\2019 Zen said Openreach would intalle the pole on the 5\2\19
5\2\2019 Openreach did not turn up.

Over the next few weeks I had to endure the slow communications between Zen and Openreach and had to wait twice for am Openreach to review my case.

By now I have complained to Zen, the complaint it at the highest level with Zen and has been escalated with Openreach

1\3\2018 Openreach turn up for another site survey

8\3\19 Zen claim that the poling work would be done by the 15\3\2018 and the line installed on the 18\3\2019. When I asked Zen what day and time Openreach would come Zen said any day between 11th to the 15th.

15\3\2108 4pm I called Zen to say Openreach had not turned up. Zen checked with Openreach and told me Openreach are still coming. I said I will believe you when I see it. Openreach did not turn up.

18\1\2019 I had to chase Zen up again to find out why openreach had yet again failed to install a pole.

19\1\2019 Openreach have advised Zen that both estimates are open. Which means the poling work is logged for work with both Openreach and their contractors.

I'm posting this on here as I have seen people from Zen on this forum. This might get to the right ppl and get things moving as everything else I have done has amounted to nothing,

I hate to say this, but you are blaming Zen - when clearly the fault is with OpenReach.
OR have a monopoly on installing the poles and cables (although they do farm a lot out to even more incompetent contractors); so it is not as if Zen have any choice on who is going to install the pole.

Still, the bit of time travelling at the beginning of your post was mildly amusing.

Sponsored Links
I hate to say this, but you are blaming Zen - when clearly the fault is with OpenReach.
OR have a monopoly on installing the poles and cables (although they do farm a lot out to even more incompetent contractors); so it is not as if Zen have any choice on who is going to install the pole.

Still, the bit of time travelling at the beginning of your post was mildly amusing.

I am blaming openreach, but from what I can gather their is no avenue for me to complain to openreach.

I am blaming openreach, but from what I can gather their is no avenue for me to complain to openreach.

Correct, OR have no public face and will only deal with telecoms companies.
Zen have one of the better reputations when it comes to getting OR to do something; so imagine how bad it would be if you were dealing with BT Retail (one of the worst).

Of course, if you can find the email address for the OR head honcho, you might get some action out of him; I did it with the head of O2 a few years ago, and got a decade old coms issue at least partially fixed in my local area.

I orderered telephone and fibre from Zen on the 20\11\2019.

I assume then that your premises has no existing Openreach plant, as in is a currently non-served premises. In which case, may I ask if it is a new premises recently put together? eg why is it there was no nearby Openreach service?

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules