Sponsored Links

Zen failing FTTP regrade

Still no change on my side either.

As time goes on I'm becoming more tempted to forego my static IP and just move to BT seeing as @kg2087 suggested this issue wasn't affecting them.

Work in progress, since 14/07/2020 15:41

Manually place modify order with BT Wholesale - IN PROGRESS FOR 16 DAYS

Last Escalation: on 17/07/2020
just. update phoned customer services waits 40 mins on phone the lady said she would look into it and phone me back 2 days and still no phone call which she said would be not long, really poor service Zen, not what i thought i would get paying a premium over BT

Last edited:
It’s affecting all providers and relates only to greenfield connections (new build houses) and won’t be fixed until mid August

Strange it hits other providers but not BT themselves, my next-door neighbor ordered their upgrade last week and it was done within 3 days.

I'll raise this with Openreach, but the weekend may slow their response.

Sponsored Links
It’s affecting all providers and relates only to greenfield connections (new build houses) and won’t be fixed until mid August
Sounds legit. I had Full Fibre 500 installed yesterday, and I'm not seeing speeds better than 300/50. I'm on the phone to them now though, as if I have to wait until mid August I'd rather cancel.

Hm, are we sure it is greenfield only? My house was built in 2007, so is now 13 years old and I had an 11 day delay on my regrade going through. Or have they now resolved the brownfield issue and it is just the greenfield properties still stuck?

Interestingly Openreach seem to be indicating that they're not aware of the issue with regrades, which seems rather odd given what Zen and other ISPs have been telling people. I think I have an idea what might be going on, but need to do a little checking.

I'm having the same issue. I live in a new build (2019) block of flats and upgraded my Zen 330/50 to 900/110.

Work in progress, since 10/07/2020 11:13

Manually place modify order with BT Wholesale - IN PROGRESS FOR 23 DAYS

Last Escalation: AMBER on 16/07/2020

Been a pretty bad experience so far. Every time I have called their support I have been on hold for over an hour.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why Zen's support people keep blaming OR but still trying to get to the bottom of this. I know BTW had an issue a few weeks ago that was supposedly fixed, but clearly something isn't right. Either it's coming from BTW or Zen's side.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for following up on this @Mark.J it's a pretty poor show from Zen that you seem to be putting more effort in to finding out what the issue is rather than them. They are certainly not living up to their reputation in terms of poor communication and misinformation.

Zen now saying it is BTW and I'm inclined to agree as they're not the only one pointing the finger in that direction. Just waiting for BTW to give me a line before I can post.

Bad news is that, as one person already said, the fix might still be a couple of weeks away.

@MarkJ latest email from Zen
Good afternoon,

I'm afraid not no. Openreach have now advised us that it may be looking mid Aug before the 'fix' is implemented so all we can do now is wait.

Looks like Zen need to update their front line support staff, so they can stop blaming OR for a BTW issue.

Just received the following email from Zen (albeit crucially omitting the regrade date!):

Thank you for ordering a Zen Full Fibre Regrade

Your service changes will take effect at a time between 8.00am and 11.59pm on the date shown below:

Your order
Minimum Contract Period:24 Months
Date Order Placed: 11-Jul-2020
Order Number:
Existing Zen username:
Phone Number:
New Product: Full Fibre 500

Your order is currently being processed and a work request has been placed with BT so that your service can be regraded at the local exchange.

We will contact you as soon as we receive a confirmed date for your regrade, using the email address provided with your order. Upgrades are typically completed within one business day. Downgrades should complete on your next billing date.

Order progress on the Zen portal now shows:
Wait for KCI-2 - IN PROGRESS FOR 36 MINUTES

Your order is currently being processed and a work request has been placed with BT so that your service can be regraded at the local exchange.

We will contact you as soon as we receive a confirmed date for your regrade, using the email address provided with your order. Upgrades are typically completed within one business day. Downgrades should complete on your next billing date.

I got the email informing me of regrade, also missing the actual date... DOH!
But then this :(

Wait for KCI-2 - FAILED 04/08/2020 11:23

Hi Everyone,

A number of failed regrades completed over night.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules