Sponsored Links

Zen internet here I come!

No, but I assume TS can do that with a phone call. I am on WBMC, it would be a different affair if on LLU I am sure. On A&A I could run my line at 110% but on BT It's 88% which is still good enough,

Yeah, a quick call to their tech support will get interleaving switched over.

I'm not sure by what you mean that you were running your line at 110%?

Well I was on LLU so I could run my line at 110% of the overheads etc. SO when I had a sync of 10.8M I could get around 10 from it. Now I am on a sync of 10.1 and a throughput of 8.6

I am noticing I can't stream 1080P on this connection now. I will go past the 10 days and see if I can get any more juice from it but it buffers every minute or so. Not a big deal.

I never had buffering on LLU.

So the explanation of that is..

"At 100%, the LNS throttles you to exactly your line's capacity. At 110%, it will let through 110% of your line capacity, and allow the wholesaler's systems to buffer/drop the excess. At the 95%, it lets through 95% of the line's capacity, so it will unaffected by the wholesaler's buffering. Setting to less than 100 is advised for lines running VoIP and other realtime services as it means the downlink won't be filled. Lowering the rate from 100% (e.g. to 95%) will mean that there should be no network buffering within the wholesalers network - and may well reduce latency when downloading at the full rate of the line."

Sorry I have been quiet.

No, but I assume TS can do that with a phone call. I am on WBMC, it would be a different affair if on LLU I am sure. On A&A I could run my line at 110% but on BT It's 88% which is still good enough,

Email in asking even it would be done fairly quickly, on the BTw lines it can take 24 hours, if its on our LLU then it can be done there and then.

Yeah, a quick call to their tech support will get interleaving switched over.

I'm not sure by what you mean that you were running your line at 110%?

Its just a button to click to have it turned off but can take up to 24 hours in worst instance.

Well I was on LLU so I could run my line at 110% of the overheads etc. SO when I had a sync of 10.8M I could get around 10 from it. Now I am on a sync of 10.1 and a throughput of 8.6

I am noticing I can't stream 1080P on this connection now. I will go past the 10 days and see if I can get any more juice from it but it buffers every minute or so. Not a big deal.

I never had buffering on LLU.

One thing which what is mentioned is the BTw IP profile, depending on sync speed it will put you on a max IP traffic limit . On any other wholesaler there is no IP profile. On out LLU we dont put on IP profiles.

Technically speaking all DSL connection from the exchange is LLU though, but its the different wholesalers implementations of how they want their DSL platform to function.

LeeH

Lee, I know I should be losing Sync every now and again due to the DLM - but does this also include Auth? I've lost my connection 4 times in 12 hours. It's only for 20 seconds at a time but just wondered. I never had this on LLU it was hit the ground running.

Its a training period on BTw lines takes a week to 10 days, if you lose sync you would always lose auth as well.

Ah I see, Well the internet light goes red but the broadband bit does not flash or go off. I thought this was auth only.

Every day is a Friday for me :p I assume tomorrow is your join date? ;)

150GB down and connection is better and smoother than the last one on BTW network

Yay I'm on Zen! The Zen My Account page showed it went live at an earlybird 7am today.

Just woke up, found the IPCop firewall to be offline and wouldn't reconnect. Put in the Zen username and password into the connection page and off it went. I'll have to access the modem's web interface later and check the DNS settings, but I think they're set to automatic, though.

Speed is the same as before, too. The transition couldn't be smoother. :)

Oh and the best bit? Those censored websites are no longer censored. :cool:

Last edited:
Woopety Woopy! :D

I am flying here - 220GB down and no extra £10 for 50GB stupid e-mails. Zenawoop! :D

Uncensored FTW!

Oh yeah, those limits are just retarded. I don't know how anyone can live with them in this day and age of unlimited internet access. They'll be forced to improve this eventually, whether it "meets their budgets" or not.

My phone no longer says the A&A stuff it says " quite line test" when I pick it up so I am hoping tomorrow is still the migration day.

How's your Zen Unlimited ADSL Raptor? Mines yummy :)

Yeah, my internet access is working fine. :) The modem didn't even lose line sync! All other times when I've switched ISPs, line sync was lost and a new 10 day ADSL training period was started. All I had to do was enter the new login details and away I went. And I don't have to put up with any of that crappy invasive censorship, of course.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules