Sponsored Links

Zen internet here I come!

Yes if you were BTW to BTW then it's auth only. My phone line transferred across today - No hassles and no loss of BB :)

Happy :)

Yes, it's still a BT line for me.

Seems that whether you keep your BT line or are transferred to LLU is an automatic decision made by Zen on a case by case basis. I don't really know anything about this, so I'll let their reps clarify this one.

Ah right. I don't have LLU here and yes it would be as Zen have their own network so the costs to run the service are totally in their control as are the ability to keep the prices down. No middle man i.e BTW to pay..

A&A was the same. Provision everyone on BTW and then transfer to TTB - just going onto TTB where available would make more sense.

Well, I've been up and running for a little while now and I have to say it's been perfect! :)

Today I called tech support to turn off ADSL interleaving. Got quickly through to someone English who knew what I was talking about and turned it off for me explaining it would take up to 15 minutes. Well, it actually took under 3 minutes and pinging www.google.com went from 30ms to 17ms, proving it had been done. Superb.

The phone service is working perfectly as well and the transition for both services from BT was seamless.

This is an ISP that deserves your money. If they have the product you want then going with them is a no-brainer.

I haven't got round to taking off interleave yet -but I agree it's all perfect. I now have FTTC available and i'll be ordering when I am out of Hospital :)

I am 600GB into my ADSL so far and counting :)

Reading all this strife another famous ISP has got itself into it's nice to know with Zen you pays your money and gets your service!

Is this fastpath?

http://prntscr.com/7kjbk5

I'm getting 21 to google.com and 12 to the BBC but not sure.

I've used just 28GB so far bless, but it can go much much higher at times.

Yes, that's FastPath. The line is either working in FastPath mode or interleaved, as explained in this article:

www.dslreports.com/faq/2182

Looking at my service profile data, I can see that the line actually switched modes a couple of times even before I'd called, but I hadn't realized it. I told the support guy that my line was good as I'm really close to the exchange, so I think he's fixed it to FastPath for me, ie it's not in auto mode now. If I start to notice significant packet loss I'lk switch it back to interleaved, but I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Would be nice if Zen offered a full control panel A&A style for advanced users like us though. That ISP is unique with this feature and I miss it.

And hey, hope you get better soon dude. :)

Hi again :)

Yes I agree A&A is fantastic control panel wise. Thanks for confirming that I am on fast. I am just loving the service they are providing.

And thanks. I'm about to lose a Kidney - but hey ho! :)

Sorry I have been quiet over the last few weeks, any problems with things?

Lee

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules