Sponsored Links

Zen Support

Does anybody know if zen's tech support email operates their standard hours, ie 8 to 8 weekedays, 9 to 5 weekends, closed bank holidays.

I have had no email for 20 hours and now find out my port 110 appears to be blocked locally.

As it is a bank holiday do I really have to wait until tomorrow :-(

Some of us have to work 7 days a week incl bank holidays!

ISPs rarely completely close tech support on a bank holiday, especially those like Zen that offer hosting services, for precisely the reasoning that you just highlighted. My guess would be that they adopt the same practice as other non-24/7 support offering providers and use their weekend hours on the bank holiday instead of the weekday hours. Let us know if you get through or not.

Sponsored Links
Well, I'm not happy. It appears they must be closed.

They say on their website that "Voicemail is in operation for urgent messages outside office hours, and our teams can also be contacted by e-mail."

However, they have still not replied to my email and there is no voicemail choice on their phone numbers, other than "if you have a NON tech support enquiry please leave a message" !!!!!!!! I can find no other number to reach this voice mail for urgent messages.

We have a few Zen support staff visit the forums I am sure they will respond to your posts aaas soon as they visit.

Hi babrees,

Sorry but we do close on a bank holiday, I have found you email to Ian who I have passed over to some one on tech support to contact you.

LeeH

Amazing!

Yep, just had a phone call from Zen.

CLOSED bank holidays. Tough luck if you are self-employed and have an emergency.

Amazing!

Thank the lord I do not have my hosting with you.

Perhaps you should change your website contact details, which state that you have voicemail for emergencies

Sponsored Links
Most places are closed on bankholidays unless they have offshore tech support.

Business ISPs and especially hosts generally have to keep some staff on because the global market is 24/7. Typically it is up to the customer to make sure that they choose what suits them best. I'd never pick a host that didn't offer 24/7 support by phone.

IMO I think that it's a bit unfair to expect companies to provide support on Bank Holidays. The guys in support jobs should be entitled to have their holiday as far as I am concerned. Even the big computer companies are shut on bank holidays. While I think Mark has a point about choice I don't think that it's enough to declare an emergency over a lack of email for a day or so. If email is that important I'd expect to pay for it or run it myself.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules