Sponsored Links

Zetnet Email Problem

zetnet

How did you find out you new user ID and pasword

Zetnet/Breathe fiasco

I also am having problems, although I seem to be able to access my mail using webmail. This is flakey – doesn't work on Firefox. I have sent several e-mails to Zetnet requesting a MAC code, and finally resorted to calling Ofcom and complaining. They said they would contact Zetnet and get them to call me – still waiting. Apparently an ISP is obliged by law (I think) to provide the MAC code within 5 working days of receiving the request.

I've been a Zetnet customer almost since they started in Shetland, but want to change now as soon as possible.

But, can you believe, they changed my username but omitted to tell me !!!! no wonder I couldn't log in!

They did that when they migrated users' personal websites also - some had the name altered in the url.

When I finally got through to Zetnet for the third time last Thursday, having spent many a happy hour repeatedly hanging on and being cut off after 10 minutes, I spoke to a very fed up Saul who gave me an email address for Breathe Customer Services Director and 'suggested' that I send her a message. Needless to say I sent a very strong message but didn't get a reply.

Any chance of letting me know this email address? There seems to be no point incontacvting any of the support addresses as no-one answers.

Last edited:
Any chance of letting me know this email address? There seems to be no point incontacvting any of the support addresses as no-one answers.

I'll do better, here's her direct dial phone number. :)

Vicky Croucher, Breathe Customer Services Manager 02071 382735.

Please remember to quote in all correspondence the CEO of Breathes assertion that
"Zetnet has a loyal and stable customer base, and we will ensure that
there is no disruption in this merger." this is very important because
they need to understand that we are very angry for a good reason.

Vicky Croucher, Breathe Customer Services Manager 02071 382735.QUOTE]

Her email address is vicky.croucher@breathenetworks.com. I also copied in Steve Kaye but had no response from him, of course!

I'm still waiting for action, still no emails in or out. Suppose I'll try phoning again today ...

My situation

I've given up on Zetnet/Breathe - clearly incapable and providing no support or help to us customers who's businesses are being messed up. I finally managed to speak with Paul and have requested by fax that they enable my company to move to a new hosting supplier. I've provided them with the tag details to make the change and requested a MAC and then I find that it gets passed onto someone at Breathe!

But who knows who and whether or not they will execute my request.

I also emailed both Vicky Croucher and Steve Kaye two days ago and have yet to receive any response. I suppose I find it extraordinary that this rubbish level of service is accepted by the managers.

Hopefully enough of us will leave to make the takeover of Zetnet a failure for Breathe. I certainly will be telling people not to go near Breathe ever.

Same Story

I have been with Zetnet since they started in the 1990s but now cannot connect or get email, cannot get through on the 'phone and have been stung by their 0871 number scam several times, get no response to emails and thier Pirch messenger system is similarly silent. I am stuck because they will not give a MAC so I cannot change to another provider. A dismal end to what was once a good service.

Thanks to those who posted responses to my message about the Google group. I've not enrolled yet, as it also involves setting up a Google account, and I'm getting fed up with the proliferation of Yahoo, Facebook, etc..... all resulting in additional potential sources of messages that need to be checked periodically!

Anyhow, I picked up on the advice about trying http://imail.zetnet.co.uk. I found the site extremely flakey - in my case, the system hung every time I tried to use IE, but I did eventually get somewhere with FireFox. Note that the email address defaults to myname@imail.zetnet.co.uk. I had to edit this to myname@zetnet.co.uk then enter my POP/Zimacs password. My first few attempts still failed: but eventually I found myself logged into the mailserver screen.

Despite a week without receiving email, my Inbox was empty. So I tried sending a message to my alternative (non-zetnet) mailbox. That worked - sort of! The mail write screen allowed me to compose a message header, but not the message body: so I had to send a blank message - but it did arrive. I tried sending a reply - that didn't arrive in my inbox, even though I stayed on line waiting for it.

It seems that if you have been set up with a mailbox and password on the new system, then you will not get any bounce messages - certainly, none of my test messages have bounced all week, they've simply disappeared. As a final experiment, I tried setting the imail options to send an automatic ecknowledgement and redirect incoming emails to my non-zetnet address. However, test messages to zetnet continue to vanish without trace.

My guess is that, although my mailbox has been set up on the new server, incoming messages are still going to the old one. How long this will take to resolve, I have no idea. I have still been completely unsuccessful at getting through to Zetnet's support line, and was just fobbed off by Breathe, who blamed everything on Zetnet.

I was also one of the Zetnet originals and knew Tim personally. He worked his heart out for Zetnet - quite literally, I think. I'm just glad this didn't happen in his lifetime. It would have killed him.

Re 68 and 67

I'm the guy who posted at 67. I sent my fax to Zetnet yesterday (6th July) having placed an order with ysh.co.uk to host our website. I've just been informed by ysh that Zetnet has made the change to the TAG and that the new site will be up and running in the next 24 hours.

Hopefully with working email as well!!

Not had a MAC from Zetnet/Breathe yet, so can't change to another broadband supplier, but will do so as soon as I get the MAC.

Zetnet

This is a reply to:
Anyhow, I picked up on the advice about trying http://imail.zetnet.co.uk. I found the site extremely flakey - in my case, the system hung every time I tried to use IE, but I did eventually get somewhere with FireFox.

I tried it too and found it just as you described. It looks like a system designed to replace Zimacs - once everything has been migrated, we will suddenly find the old software cut off (at present it is still working, but very intermittently, and without any news feeds)

Michael

Zetnet mail and news

Vicky Croucher, Breathe Customer Services Manager 02071 382735.QUOTE]

Her email address is vicky.croucher@breathenetworks.com. I also copied in Steve Kaye but had no response from him, of course!

I'm still waiting for action, still no emails in or out. Suppose I'll try phoning again today ...

Thank you for this.

We are an internet based business that is normally receiving large amounts of mail all day, responding to mails and back to the responses within the same day. This Breathe cowboy outfit is causing utter chaos here. We don't know if mails are being received, whether incoming mails are getting address unknown responses or what the hell is going on. We could have clients expecting to be collected off flights, wondering why no-one has come for them. We could have clients going elsewhere because they think we are ignoring them, losing us thousands of pounds. We are lucky if we can get a proper connection once a day. I've never seen such a shambles. We haven't even received the registration confirmation email for logging in here, although we've registered.
I've been with Zetnet since the early 90's and remained a loyal member because it was the best ISP. It was reliable. It had superb customer relations and any problem was always quickly resolved with optimum information as to what was going on. It had a very loyal customer base with strong interpersonal links with other members.
Screwing up the business for a fortnight isn't just a technical problem. It is managerial incompetence of a high order. Their shareholders should be made aware of it so that all the managers responsible can be dismissed without notice and replaced with people who know what they are doing.
Shares in a communications business that is incapable of communicating should rightly go down the toilet.

Cheers

Istracpsboss

Zetnet

Just emailed her.

Interestingly, I actually got 110 messages back. For some reason, if I send a message, there seems to be more liklihood of getting my incoming messages. Not always, but the percentage is definitely higher. Logging on without something to send gets around a 1% chance of a successful connection.

Cheers

Peter

Emailing Breathe

I've also sent a mail to Ms Croucher. Will be surprised if I get an answer though. I expect to be moving on as soon as I can - the unreliability was signalled with the website fiasco and the info on here is very disheartening.

My guess is that, although my mailbox has been set up on the new server, incoming messages are still going to the old one.

Thanks for the link, Kevin. I tried it, got through easily (using Opera), bu like you, found no messages. ZIMACS is telling me there's a few kb in my inbox, but I'll have to wait till next time it decides to recognise my password before I can find out what they are.

I too have emailed Vicky Croucher (this morning), and am still waiting for a reply.

Linda S.

If you are using the webmail option and, like I was, having difficulty entering anything in the message body, switch to the 'Plain text' option. I've also found that the webmail works better using the 'Basic' browser version. With Firefox, the advanced version fails to show my just 'Sent' messages, even though they were sent using webmail and are still on the system (cause I can view them by logging off and on again with the basic system).

I noted the comments made about having a better chance of getting incoming mail when sending a message first. I wonder if this is forcing the system to connect to the old servers? Unfortunately, I can't try this, as I am running through a POP connection from virgin, and Zetnet won't let me connect directly to their smtp server.

Zetnet chaos

I too have been suffering from no access to email for over a week and unable to make contact with anyone to sort it.
BUT THERE MAY BE A SOLUTION - it worked for me!

Try this:
Go to your account settings and if you have zetnet.co.uk entered as your receiving mail POP server change this to mail.zetnet.co.uk

It took me a while to figure it out but then I remembered having a problem a while back and zetnet told me to change it by removing the 'mail.'
I can only assume that the new platform they changed us to required a different identity to be able to communicate.

Out of Zetnet

The good news is that we've changed to a new hosting company today and are now getting our emails. The bad news is that thanks to Breathe we've lost over a weeks worth of emails, business, opportunities etc.

All I can say is that I'm glad to be out of Zetnet/Breathe and will be even happier once we've transferred our broadband to a new supplier as well.

I suggest that you all do the same, cut your losses and get out.

Regards

John

Zetnet

After hours of trying to get hold of Zetnet on the phone and many emails that were never replied to, I finally spoke to someone. I still have two mail boxes that don't work and don't hold out much hope that they ever will. I've also lost the ability to manage the mailboxes via the root@ account. The guy on the phone was next to useless and despite being assured that it would all be sorted, I'm still waiting. Time to leave Zetnet I think.

We have just got a message from paul martin - if you are using Zimacs, tick the Select DP box on the top right and hit auto. It won't connect but you get a new screen up. At the bottom left there is a connection box for fingerpost.zetnet.co.uk Change this to status.zetnet.co.uk (all you change is fingerpost to status) and both mail and news works again.

Why some clown at Breathe couldn't tell us this two weeks ago I have no ****ing idea.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules