Sponsored Links

Zetnet Email Problem

help with leaving zetnet

I am unskilled in these matters but have found my frustrating (and sad, given satisfaction with zetnet from early days) experience echoed here. If anyone could tell me how to move (when I can't get through to zetnet at all ) and where to go I would be eternally grateful. A week without emails, and God knows how much spent on trying to get an answer to phone calls.

Why some clown at Breathe couldn't tell us this two weeks ago I have no ****ing idea.

Works a treat - just had this forwarded to me.

As for Breathe, to be honest I suspect they don't know how it all works or for the most part have the first clue how Zimacs works. Only the guys from tech support seem to know, and it looks like they're not being used very well to do all the migrations.

Did read that they had a "migration consultant" in (not sure if it was here on newsgroups), which is always going to be bad news.

Trev

Any solution to POP3?

I'm not on Zimacs; but I'd love to know if there is a similar fix for POP3. I've already tried various permutations of mailserver name, including mail.zetnet.co.uk, zetnet.co.uk, pop3.zetnet.co.uk, etc: but without success. My problem seems to be that I can access my POP3 mailbox using Thunderbird or the new webmail; but incoming mail simply doesn't arrive.
I've been wondering if it would work if I could get hold of the IP address for the old zetnet mail server...

Can you put us in touch with Paul Martin?

We have just got a message from paul martin - if you are using Zimacs, tick the Select DP box on the top right and hit auto. It won't connect but you get a new screen up. At the bottom left there is a connection box for fingerpost.zetnet.co.uk Change this to status.zetnet.co.uk (all you change is fingerpost to status) and both mail and news works again.

The plot thickens!

Just made a very strange discovery...

My own mail box, whilst letting me send emails and showing them in the sent messages, isn't showing any other messages, including new incoming ones. They continue to vanish into a black hole...

But I just tried logging on to my wife's mailbox, which is a secondary mailbox on my account, I found that all her emails are working fine! She had about 100 messages waiting for her (mostly junk), and when I sent her an email from my ntlworld account it arrived in seconds!

Any ideas?

We have just got a message from paul martin - if you are using Zimacs, tick the Select DP box on the top right and hit auto. It won't connect but you get a new screen up. At the bottom left there is a connection box for fingerpost.zetnet.co.uk Change this to status.zetnet.co.uk (all you change is fingerpost to status) and both mail and news works again.

Word of warning: changing from fingerpost to status allowed me to collect news via Zimacs, but my mail stopped arriving. [It isn't *supposed* to be arriving via Zimacs at all, it is supposed to be POP3, but at least arriving via the wrong route was better than not at all].

Changed back to fingerpost, and got a batch of mail. So if you have the same weird problems I'm having, might be worth alternating to ensure you get both mail and news.

Clair

Zetnet/Charis Pop3

I'm not on Zimacs; but I'd love to know if there is a similar fix for POP3. I've already tried various permutations of mailserver name, including mail.zetnet.co.uk, zetnet.co.uk, pop3.zetnet.co.uk, etc: but without success. My problem seems to be that I can access my POP3 mailbox using Thunderbird or the new webmail; but incoming mail simply doesn't arrive.
I've been wondering if it would work if I could get hold of the IP address for the old zetnet mail server...

Can you put us in touch with Paul Martin?

Hey Ho, another day in LALA land. We've been with Zetnet so long we have a charis.net server address for our POP3 access. Needless to say the User ID and Passwords no longer work. Has anyone any idea what we can try to access our mailboxes? We use web2mail. I suggested to a Breathe person that they might like to assist with this as a means of reducing the damages claim I was thinking of making and was told "they didn't like being threatened". Christ, what world do they live in??!!

Since this mess started a week ago has anyone been successful in moving a domain away from zetnet to somewhere else?

Zetnet host a couple of domains for me and they control everything about the domains (unlike some other hosting companies). With other companies you can unlock and move the domains yourself. However, to move a domain away from zetnet you need one of their tech people to unlock the domain and change the tag.

So has anyone been able to do this yet?

I've signed up with another host too and can't get through to anyone to change the tag, never mind the email which is still not happening! I also have a POP3 catch-all so can't use any of the suggestions on this forum ...:(

Can't get through on the phone, spent a fortune trying, Vicky Croucher's about as useful as a chocolate teapot, if she even deigns to answer emails that is, just what are we supposed to do! I've even been on to trading standards who gave good advice about what I should do, but that doesn't solve the current issues!

Phone dead?

I've been trying again this morning to get through to Zetnet Support. Several times when I dialled, I got a dead line. Eventually, I got into the queue, and made it down to number 1. Then everything went silent for some time, before it started telling me I was number one again. After a while, it went silent again for a couple of minutes before giving me the engaged tone for a while, then went silent again...

Seems like they are just refusing to answer calls any more...

Getting the tag changed

I've signed up with another host too and can't get through to anyone to change the tag, never mind the email which is still not happening! I also have a POP3 catch-all so can't use any of the suggestions on this forum ...:(

Can't get through on the phone, spent a fortune trying, Vicky Croucher's about as useful as a chocolate teapot, if she even deigns to answer emails that is, just what are we supposed to do! I've even been on to trading standards who gave good advice about what I should do, but that doesn't solve the current issues!

Hi

I managed to get the tag changed by faxing my request on our headed paper to them on 0161 953 4232. The change happened quickly (within 24 hours) from when I sent the fax. I was told by Paul (who seems to be the only person there answering the phone) that he faxes the requests to Breathe who then make the changes.

I've also asked for a MAC so I can change to another broadband supplier, but I'm still waiting on that (two days and counting).

regards

John

The only contact I have had was Vicky Croucher, but now when calling her you get a recorded message saying they are getting an unexpectedly high volume of calls, please call later, UNEXPECTED ??? !!!

Also she is not replying to emails.

I used to boast to my friends about zetnet, those poor fools with BT, tatlktalk, sky etc - hmmm who's laughing now???

Paul just says he can't help - has no access to new platforms.

My email is working now for one day, but I have no confidence, I need a forward so that my iPhone can receive emails from my domain, but they just won't set it up - always worked in the past.

I'm going to names123.com for £50 they do what I want, the humans there are helpful and you can change settings online.

Real tragedy what's happened to Zetnet.

Setting up email diverts

If your incming mail is getting through to your inbox, and you can log on to the webmail interface then you can go into Settings and specify a forwarding address and an automatic acknowledgement message. Sadly, this doesn't work if, like me, your incoming mails are still vanishing into a black hole.

(Make sure you correct the @ portion of your address to its correct value - the imail.zetnet.co.uk portion gives an 'unknown user' response.)

Zetnet/Breathe Fiasco

Can the person who sent a fax to Zetnet/Breathe requesting a tag change, let me know what fax number to use? In the absence of a MAC code to change ISP, it would be great to be able to change the hosting of my domain.

Can the person who sent a fax to Zetnet/Breathe requesting a tag change, let me know what fax number to use? In the absence of a MAC code to change ISP, it would be great to be able to change the hosting of my domain.

I just picked it up from earlier in the thread, and it's the one on Zetnet's website so hopefully it'll work. I've just sent a fax for tag change, and also asked for the EPP code so I can move the domain - I'm not paying Zetnet when I can get it free for life with the new host! (And with hosting at about a quarter of the cost!)

But this really grieves me as I've been with Zetnet almost since day one and they've been great, until June this year when the webservers were migrated. Again no communication, and a complete mess. Ended up with new passwords but I didn't know because of the lack of communication!

Even Vicky Croucher's not responding to direct requests any more - what a "fab" customer service manager she is! If she can't stand the heat she should get out of the kitchen!

Sorry, rant over .... :D

Fingers crossed for a quick reaction to the fax ... :?

Jackie

I just picked it up from earlier in the thread, and it's the one on Zetnet's website so hopefully it'll work. I've just sent a fax for tag change, and also asked for the EPP code so I can move the domain - I'm not paying Zetnet when I can get it free for life with the new host! (And with hosting at about a quarter of the cost!)

But this really grieves me as I've been with Zetnet almost since day one and they've been great, until June this year when the webservers were migrated. Again no communication, and a complete mess. Ended up with new passwords but I didn't know because of the lack of communication!

Even Vicky Croucher's not responding to direct requests any more - what a "fab" customer service manager she is! If she can't stand the heat she should get out of the kitchen!

Sorry, rant over .... :D

Fingers crossed for a quick reaction to the fax ... :?

Jackie

Of course, it would help if I posted the fax number!! It's 0161 953 4232 :)

Any luck getting TAGs released by Zetnet?

Like others here after 5 days of mail interruption I have requested a release of my domain TAG to another ISP. Absolutely no response to fax or many email requests.

The domain in question has been with Zetnet since the days of ISDN dial-in so I feel sad to move on - although very angry at the way we've been treated now.

Progress at last!

I tried sending an email to Breathe Technical support vicky.croucher@breathenetworks.com this morning, describing my symptoms and providing my login details so they could check it out. I explained that Zetnet were not answering phone calls so I had no choice but to hold them responsible.

This afternoon, I received a redirected message from my zetnet account, shortly afterwards followed by a message from Vicky Croucher to say that they had made some changes to my account and would I try logging on in a while.

I am now receiving emails to my zetnet mailbox, and can eccess them via both Webmail and Thunderbird, though I have not yet seen anything of the 100 or so emails that I estimate to have gone missing in the last week. Here's hoping...

BTW, I can now confirm that setting mail redirections via the web interface does work. However, automatic acknowledgements do not appear to work.

Fingerpost

It seems that changing to status from fingerpost releases the news and some mails but I'm told the only mails that will get through are those from other Zetnuts, which seems to be the case. Using status also seems to get a connection most of the time.
I'm using two machines, one set to each. Unsurprisingly the fingerpost one still persists in telling me i have 21 files, won't download them, then reports the 530 error, so no email from the outside world.

Perhaps that useless bitch will wake up when the share price gets hammered.

i have been absent nearly a week due to bt line fried by lightning strike (meteorological as opposed to industrial) and confidently (aka naively) expecting everything to be running by now.
course, you all know the answer to that -
- but, wow, what a lot of wisdom has been accumulating here!
i dont understand a lot of it, e.g. imail, as what i started with all those yrs ago was a pop3 box (which is all that now works, and all it gets is spam); then i added a subdom (another spam magnet, now not working); finally a domain, where all the real mail goes and used to be forwarded by zetpeople so it fell into the original popbox. NOT WORKING.
i am prepared to find another webhost - not without regret, like several others here. Apart from the actuality of the current mess, even if they get it sorted it's hard to see how zet can survive the loss of confidence.
Not being as savvy as a lot of contributors here, i simply dont know where to begin. does any good samaritan have time to do a brief checklist for zet-reared dummies like me? Would anyone like to recommend a suitable host that is not likely to be similarly inhaled?

thanks, anyone who bothered to read all that.

OFCOM page for submitting Complaint being ignored by customer services

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/issues/comp_ignored/?itemid=421254

OFCOM page for submitting Cannot contact customer services by phone

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/issues/phone/?itemid=421254

OFCOM states:

Ofcom does not investigate individual consumer complaints and we will not respond to you about your individual complaint. However, we monitor all consumer issues and may investigate a company if monitoring data reveals a particular problem. You can help us by filling in our consumer monitoring survey form.

Wit's End

We've been with Zetnet since Cloud Nine days (10 years?), and like everyone else we haven't been able to collect mail from our various boxes for days and days. Pretty frantic, can't get help/response etc. We have always used POP3 method, not imail or Zimac (whatever that is!).
Obviously we will have to change to another ISP, but then we'll lose all the emails waiting for collection (are they? is the whole damn thing dead as a doornail?).

So, please, could some kind techie please post a reasonably intelligent idiot's step by step guide to what might be done to retrieve the last days emails from the current (if not actually dead?) Zetnet account/mailboxes. Is there anything that might work?

Thanks sincerely in advance. Would be very very grateful.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules