Sponsored Links

ZTE MC801A external antennas

Would the no band 32 1400 MHz be an issue, because the mast is 0.3m away from me and signal is at front of house for 5g

Sponsored Links
Would the no band 32 1400 MHz be an issue, because the mast is 0.3m away from me and signal is at front of house for 5g
1st if mast is so close then you likely don't need external antennas.
2nd those antennas are really dodgy.

If you want to see whether an (proper one, not 18dbi lol) external antenna would help you just keep the router out the window for a speed test or two.

I've tried on the window and I get under 200, if I put hub behind my monitor on the same side window is on, I get 500 which is less then 4 foot away.

That's the antenna I tried with my very first 4G router and it actually made my signal worse.

Tried it at various heights and positions but was no good at all for me.

If you are set on trying external antennas, get them from the likes of Amazon where they can easily be returned if they dont work for you. :)

Sponsored Links
That's the antenna I tried with my very first 4G router and it actually made my signal worse.

Tried it at various heights and positions but was no good at all for me.

If you are set on trying external antennas, get them from the likes of Amazon where they can easily be returned if they dont work for you. :)
Sorry for being newb, new to the 5g hub side of things, was on adsl+2, was looking on amazon but only saw this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-O...9&qid=1656019696&sprefix=5g+an,aps,95&sr=8-13 what would you recommend if you don't mind me asking.

I've tried on the window and I get under 200, if I put hub behind my monitor on the same side window is on, I get 500 which is less then 4 foot away.
How about OUT the window, ie hold it outside in your hand, try various locations etc. As you can see it's highly relative.
While at it try various places in the room, reflections.

I still think the external antenna is a waste of time and money.

Sorry for being newb, new to the 5g hub side of things, was on adsl+2, was looking on amazon but only saw this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-Omni-Directional-Polarised-Outdoor-Antenna/dp/B08F4S4DMN/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2NZ6N6RVR16MP&keywords=5g+antenna+ts9&qid=1656019696&sprefix=5g+an,aps,95&sr=8-13 what would you recommend if you don't mind me asking.
The thing is with most external antennas you lose gain through anything over 5 metres and then there's dropping down from 4x4 mimo of internal antennas to 2x2 mimo using an external which could also mean drops in speed too.

It's quite a complicated business and really completely different for each individual user and location.

You really do have to try it out yourself and see how you get on.

I would agree with Lucian about not needing an external with the speeds you're already achieving.

You may find no improvement at all or actually make things worse.

That's why I suggested Amazon so you can return it and not be stuck with an expensive antenna that's no good to you.

How about OUT the window, ie hold it outside in your hand, try various locations etc. As you can see it's highly relative.
While at it try various places in the room, reflections.

I still think the external antenna is a waste of time and money.
Holding it out the window i get 450 down and 80 up (upload improved), But as The Wee Bear said, i can only try and find out if i see any improvements, if not then i can just return it

Sponsored Links
Holding it out the window i get 450 down and 80 up (upload improved), But as The Wee Bear said, i can only try and find out if i see any improvements, if not then i can just return it
Screenshot_20220623-230955_Edge.jpg

Yeah radio signals are weird things AshOnFire1989, you can perhaps make out my CPE Pro 2 is sitting in a corner here, if I move it even half an inch in any direction my signal will drop quite a bit.

That corner is the special sweet spot in the whole house for the best signal, even sitting it in the windowsill on the same side as the mast, produces a weaker signal than that corner, how weird is that? :rolleyes:

Anyway best of luck if you have your mind set on trying an antenna, let us know how you get on if you do. 😊

Nope, only two, one the comments said about doing SMA Male to Dual SMA Female V-Shape Cable, worth a try if it works it works, if not was worth a try :ROFLMAO:

Nope, only two, one the comments said about doing SMA Male to Dual SMA Female V-Shape Cable, worth a try if it works it works, if not was worth a try :ROFLMAO:
Ok, try it, get it out of your system :)

Sponsored Links
Just a heads up, the stuff i ordered works, just need to find a good position to put antenna on, I've seen the signal strength go from the 90's down to low as 77.

Attempted one failed, thought i had it in good place, I couldn't get it back to 77 again.
What are you taking about? Rsrp?
Please note that good Rsrp doesn't necessarily translate into greater speeds.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules