Sponsored Links

ZTE MC801A Review

I might do the same, which branch did you go to? I haven't got a receipt though, what did you provide?
I only purchased my router 6 weeks ago so luckily still had all the documentation from the purchase so took the physical receipt, I'd imagine they'd be able to check your account on the system and see if it's still within warrantee, I went to the Doncaster branch in French gate as its the closest store to where I live

Can someone please help to point where can I find firmware for three BD_UKH3GMC801AV1.0.0B04.

I want to manually install on MC801A as mine appear CN firmware. thank you in advance for help.

Can someone please help to point where can I find firmware for three BD_UKH3GMC801AV1.0.0B04.

I want to manually install on MC801A as mine appear CN firmware. thank you in advance for help.

I've found everything but:

Anyone else keep switching back and forth from 5G to 4G. I've been rolled back to firmware B04, but every hour or so it keeps switching. Thanks

I might do the same, which branch did you go to? I haven't got a receipt though, what did you provide?
To note @flyingguy stores will only exchange if you originally purchased the device in a Three Store. If you purchased your hub online or through telesales you won’t be eligible for an exchange in store. Had experience myself with this and the reason I was given is because you don’t have a till receipt from their systems, which is different to online and telesales. Ultimately they won’t be able to help apart from checking your contract account as they are not trained for technical support. You could always raise complaint through live chat or by calling them, they seem to sort a lot of issues quicker if you’ve raised a complaint with them. Probably because it affects there stats the more they don’t resolve. Tell them the resolution for you to close your complaint will be an exchanged hub.
Good luck!

To note @flyingguy stores will only exchange if you originally purchased the device in a Three Store. If you purchased your hub online or through telesales you won’t be eligible for an exchange in store. Had experience myself with this and the reason I was given is because you don’t have a till receipt from their systems, which is different to online and telesales. Ultimately they won’t be able to help apart from checking your contract account as they are not trained for technical support. You could always raise complaint through live chat or by calling them, they seem to sort a lot of issues quicker if you’ve raised a complaint with them. Probably because it affects there stats the more they don’t resolve. Tell them the resolution for you to close your complaint will be an exchanged hub.
Good luck!
I spoke to their support on the phone who confirmed what you said re exchange in the shop. He took the IMEI number and said they are building a list for ZTE and would be in touch once they know what the action would be. I have a feeling I might be without this for a while. He said they would try to push out another update, but I explained to him that my device is likely bricked therefore it's not going to receive an update. I suspect they are trying to build a case for ZTE to issue replacements for ones like mine. What's the cheapest option for getting a 5g router elsewhere and putting my sim in?

I just had a courtesy call from three explaining it was a software issue and will never happen again. I said great, what about my compensation? Was told this was not possible. I insisted it was possible because my speed was lower than the guaranteed minimum I signed-up to. After a bit more debating, the call agent scuttled off to their supervisor and confirmed I would receive a 2 day rebate in my next bill.

I suggest everyone does the same. It's only pennies; the money is not the point for me. I always think if a company has to payout, they're more likely to fix systemic issues.

My ZTE MC801A only shows the power signal and it also does not seem to receive any firmware rollback since Tuesday night. I called the hotline twice, and both times the customer support just keeps on telling me that they are aware of the issue and the technical team is working on it. All I can do is wait. I wonder if there is anyone has successfully got a router replacement via the hotline. It is not helpful to just wait without ETA.

Last edited:
Do you have a copy of the terms that guaranteed a minimum speed? That would be new to the mobile industry.
@CarlO1460 is right, but unfortunately mobile broadband 4G/5G does not come with a minimum guaranteed speed for either download or upload on Three. When you ticked that box for the terms and conditions or signed a contract in store, you agreed to these terms…

But rightfully so even though this is not a guaranteed speed, you should always press for compensation for the days of service you have not been able to use it. Most company’s want to offer a good experience to customers for obvious reasons, the easiest way to get a refund with Three is make a complaint. They will want the issue resolved then and there to close the ticket and say it’s resolved. Otherwise gets taken to the ombudsman after 8 weeks if there’s no resolution.

@CarlO1460 is right, but unfortunately mobile broadband 4G/5G does not come with a minimum guaranteed speed for either download or upload on Three. When you ticked that box for the terms and conditions or signed a contract in store, you agreed to these terms…
I think it is a reasonable expectation that for mobile home broadband, the speed estimate provided at time of purchase will not degrade by a factor of 10. I did agree to the terms of service. Paragraph 5.11.3 states:

In the event that you experience continuous or regularly recurring disruption to Three Services (such as where your access
to Three Services is limited or unavailable) or there is a significant discrepancy between the advertised speed provided in
the broadband speeds table at www.three.co.uk/broadband-speeds and your normally available speed then you may be
entitled to a price reduction based upon the period of the disruption or early termination of your contract. A price reduction
may take the form of a partial or full credit of your Monthly Charge.

I think it is a reasonable expectation that for mobile home broadband, the speed estimate provided at time of purchase will not degrade by a factor of 10. I did agree to the terms of service. Paragraph 5.11.3 states:

In the event that you experience continuous or regularly recurring disruption to Three Services (such as where your access
to Three Services is limited or unavailable) or there is a significant discrepancy between the advertised speed provided in
the broadband speeds table at www.three.co.uk/broadband-speeds and your normally available speed then you may be
entitled to a price reduction based upon the period of the disruption or early termination of your contract. A price reduction
may take the form of a partial or full credit of your Monthly Charge.
Those are estimated, not guaranteed, so there’s no contractual agreement to provide you with those figures.

They’re average speeds, based on whatever metrics and locations they managed to get those from.

If there was no services and not at least 1meg, I think you’d have an argument as there’s some ofcom guidance somewhere that mentions similar to this, otherwise, they’ve supplied what you asked for. Whether 3G, 4G or 5G.

Those are estimated, not guaranteed, so there’s no contractual agreement to provide you with those figures.

They’re average speeds, based on whatever metrics and locations they managed to get those from.

If there was no services and not at least 1meg, I think you’d have an argument as there’s some ofcom guidance somewhere that mentions similar to this, otherwise, they’ve supplied what you asked for. Whether 3G, 4G or 5G.
You seem to be caught up on my use of guarantee. Bottom line is TOS, which forms part of the contract states "... significant discrepancy between the advertised speed provided in the broadband speeds table at www.three.co.uk/broadband-speeds and your normally available speed then you may be
entitled to a price reduction based upon the period of the disruption..."

Three agreed to compensation, so I think it was reasonable to inform users here.

You need to install the Qualcomm diagnostic driver.
I am sorry, If I am asking basic questions here, but I have installed all drivers as mentioned at 4PD, but keep getting port COM5 instead 9008 see screenshot, something I am not following correctly. Is here is what I am doing.

1. If I remove a power cable computer cannot even detect the router device as it appears offline.

2. On the router, removed sim, keep the power on and USB C connected to the computer.

3. The open Qfil file can not detect any device (have installed driver) so try with ZTE SUF_DL_MC801A_CNV1.00.03.zas now QFIL detect COM5 port but not diagnostic 9008 port.

Much appreciate for your help. many thanks

Attachments

• Port on QFIL.jpg
    Port on QFIL.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 119
  • Port on device manager.jpg
    Port on device manager.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 123
I am sorry, If I am asking basic questions here, but I have installed all drivers as mentioned at 4PD, but keep getting port COM5 instead 9008 see screenshot, something I am not following correctly. Is here is what I am doing.

1. If I remove a power cable computer cannot even detect the router device as it appears offline.

2. On the router, removed sim, keep the power on and USB C connected to the computer.

3. The open Qfil file can not detect any device (have installed driver) so try with ZTE SUF_DL_MC801A_CNV1.00.03.zas now QFIL detect COM5 port but not diagnostic 9008 port.

Much appreciate for your help. many thanks

We are dragging this thread off topic, might be worth creating a new thread.

Things I have had to do before to get diagnostics port working:
Start Windows in Test mode​
Disable Firewall​
Use a usb port connected to the motherboard directly.​

We are dragging this thread off topic, might be worth creating a new thread.

Things I have had to do before to get diagnostics port working:
Start Windows in Test mode​
Disable Firewall​
Use a usb port connected to the motherboard directly.​
Thank you. I will try this method.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules