Sponsored

ZyXEL NR2101 5G mobile wifi

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Reviews seem good, but £551 is a lot of money. Might as well go for the real deal (CPE Pro2 or CPE Win).

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Reviews seem good, but £551 is a lot of money. Might as well go for the real deal (CPE Pro2 or CPE Win).
If you can find one that is. Might have to resort to eBay as eFones dont have any

zakir1988

Top Member
I don't think the market is worth investing in currently, and as I've said before @zakir1988 you would be better of investing in a device for multiple purposes....

Though I've never actually asked you what your use for mobile broadband is at home?
Mostly use Broadband for iptv mainly but do other stuff like browsing the Internet etc...

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
That's barely anything, I don't really know what you would need tbh

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
My problem i cant get proper fibre in my building only speeds up to 70mbps
ONLY up to 70Mbps? That's more than I get and my 50meg provides for 40+ devices. A few phones, a TV and a tablet will have no troubles with that. Sounds like your best option is fixed line

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
ONLY up to 70Mbps? That's more than I get and my 50meg provides for 40+ devices. A few phones, a TV and a tablet will have no troubles with that. Sounds like your best option is fixed line
Have a look at NOW Broadband, especially through quidco (cashback = even cheaper) and you'll find yourself a lovely deal

zakir1988

Top Member
Fixed line broadband would be better i don't want Openreach i will wait for community Fibre, hyperoptic or g network who ever comes first.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Why not openreach?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Openreach are allowed to put the price up due to funding the rollout of gigabit broadband
So? I’ll be paying that a lot longer than you will; the big telcos couldn’t care less about fibre up north. Yall in London already have like 7 different fibre providers and we have none, it’s only a small thing

Last edited:

zakir1988

Top Member
I'm in London and couldn't get a proper FTTC which is why I'm $#&@ing around with 5G...
Same here thats why im on 5G.

Social housing from the council always have advantage in my area most of Tower Hamlets homes buildings have community fibre now hyperoptic is doing works in my Uncle and cousin brothers building now they have two options openreach or Community fibre soon will have third option hyperoptic snice im with Housing association Clarion i will have to wait.

Just down the road near my building which is Tower Hamlets homes they have community fibre you expect you will get it very soon nope they have to deal with Clarion etc..

Dealing with housing association takes longer.

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Same here that's why I'm on 5G.
That's hardly the same thing as @Lucian describes, however I will say that your FTTC cab is on waiting list currently so unlikely you will be getting anything fixed anytime soon.

As for 70mbps not being good enough, WHAT?, I share 49Mbps with 3 other adults who are constantly streaming Sports live in HD and Gaming with no issues.

I could have 'so called Gigabit' from Virgin Media if I wanted too but, Nah :L

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Same here thats why im on 5G.
No it isn't the same; @Lucian had a dodgy line if I remember correctly and FTTC is Up to 75Mbps so yours is perfectly fine and you do have good access to FTTC. FTTP is fibre to the house which is what your on about and you don't need that sort of speed anyways. Even the basic fibre package of 35Mbps would be more than capable for what you need.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERSPRING
  • Shell Energy £22.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: 12 Months of Norton 360
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Offer Code: SPRUCE20
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERSPRING
  • TalkTalk £29.95 (*39.95)
    Speed: 145Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3218)
  2. BT (2927)
  3. Building Digital UK (1853)
  4. FTTC (1852)
  5. Politics (1835)
  6. Openreach (1751)
  7. Business (1592)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1376)
  9. FTTH (1359)
  10. Statistics (1353)
  11. 4G (1184)
  12. Fibre Optic (1129)
  13. Wireless Internet (1110)
  14. Virgin Media (1102)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1101)
  16. EE (787)
  17. Vodafone (778)
  18. TalkTalk (736)
  19. Sky Broadband (714)
  20. 5G (671)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules