Reviews
Sponsored Links
☰ Login   /   Signup ⚲ Search
The following page displays a list of all the broadband ISP reviews posted by crvyaxley (display name) to this system. Reviews can be edited by both the author and admins.
◉

ISP Reviews by crvyaxley

CIX (Broadband Fixed Line)
Posted: 02nd Dec, 2010    By: crvyaxley
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
I have had my telephone calls through ICUK for some years and always found their service to be excellent. My broadband, however, was with Ukonline. I was paying for a 2Mbps service but never got speeds much above 650 Kbps; often much lower. When I raised this with Ukonline they muttered about the line quality and my home telephone wiring and basically didn't want to know. So when Sky decided to give UKonline the chop, I decided to migrate to ICUK.

Their broadband service is also brilliant. The day I got my MAC from UKO (22 November), I was able to set up my account with ICUK. I then got an email telling me the transfer would be completed on 25th November. I was able to see the progress of the transfer process and set up a new e-mail address and use it immediately.

My phone calls were answered immediately by knowledgeable staff and emails were answered very quickly.

I found on the 25th that my connection speed was reported by my modem as 6.2 Mbps (expected speed was upto 8 Mbps and line tests had suggested I should get around 5.5 Mbps. I was therefore well pleased until I did a BT speedtest and found the actual speed was only 975 Kbps and the "IP Profile" was set to 1000 Kbps.

When I queried this by email to ICUK (on the Thursday afternoon), I got an immediate response telling me they would look into it, speak to BT and let me know. The next morning I was delighted to find that the IP Profile had been raised to 5000 Kbps and I was actually connecting at close to that speed.

Thank you ICUK - you are brilliant. I've given you straight 10s except for value, as I have found other providers offering slightly cheaper deals (but they don't give the kind of support you do).

Time With Provider:
  2. BT (3536)
  3. Politics (2558)
  4. Openreach (2315)
  5. Business (2289)
  6. Building Digital UK (2256)
  7. FTTC (2050)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1998)
  9. Statistics (1804)
  10. 4G (1686)
  11. Virgin Media (1644)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1477)
  13. Fibre Optic (1410)
  14. Wireless Internet (1403)
  15. FTTH (1382)