Reviews » Broadband Fixed Line »

2 Reviews
Full Star Full Star Half Star Empty Star Empty Star
Posted: 02nd May, 2024    By: All about the goat
Half Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star
I initiated a broadband transfer from Virgin Media to Facto, scheduled for February 15th, 2024. Despite confirming availability, the installation was never completed and was deemed too challenging for CityFibre engineers. For context, I live in a densely populated area in the Midlands, not the Outer Hebrides. Over a frustrating two-month saga, I encountered significant disruptions, including multiple missed engineer visits, poor communication, and considerable financial inconvenience.
Initially, I was reassured that the installation would be completed promptly. This assurance was reiterated later when I was told that my out-of-pocket expenses for the necessary extension to my Virgin contract would be credited back to my account. Unfortunately, not only has the installation not been completed, but the promised reimbursement also cannot be processed as they can't credit an account that doesn’t exist. Despite proposing alternative reimbursement methods, it appears they have no intention of resolving the issue.
To be clear, I was not seeking compensation for inconvenience or distress, but simply reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses of £65, directly caused by their failure to deliver the agreed services. I am now left to foot the bill due to their shortcomings.

Time With Provider: 2 Months
Package Name:
Posted: 29th Nov, 2023    By: Windblown
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
Great little company FACTCO. Shame about CityFibre.

£29.99 for symmetrical 1Gb inc router & IPv6 + £4.99 for static IP + £9.99 for VOIP with kit.

I'll start with the negative.

My experience with FACTO has been negatively affected by factors that are mostly beyond their control, i.e., their network host City Fibre, who messed up my working migration from another ISP thus delaying the start of my new service by four days over a weekend. However, the way in which FACTO customer services and technical support operatives have managed the delay has been magnificent.

I would like to mention, particularly, Megan McClymont (Customer Services and Technical Support), who patiently dealt with my frequent phone calls and support ticket submissions. Megan did her very best to get City Fibre to prioritise my case and get them to fix my connection woes promptly. In the end she took things into her own hands, scrubbed my contract and got me off to a fresh start. Within 45 minutes I was connected, with one minute to spare before she clocked off for the day.

One of my frustrations with FACTCO is that excellent and equipped staff like Megan are not available 24/7 for residential customers. Their non-office hours customer service personnel are excellent but not able to address technical issues when most residential customers need them in the evening, early morning and at weekends.

Time With Provider: 2 Weeks
Package Name: 1000MB Broadband (Cityfibre)
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Empty Star
  2. BT (3550)
  3. Politics (2579)
  4. Openreach (2330)
  5. Business (2306)
  6. Building Digital UK (2263)
  7. FTTC (2055)
  8. Mobile Broadband (2017)
  9. Statistics (1817)
  10. 4G (1705)
  11. Virgin Media (1656)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1487)
  13. Fibre Optic (1416)
  14. Wireless Internet (1411)
  15. FTTH (1382)