Sponsored

95%
96%
95%
88%
Summary: AAISP
January 15th, 2018 (Last Edited: January 15th, 2018)
I have been veery impressed with the service provided by AAISP - before I went through the trouble free setting up AAISP process the downloads speed was tested at 1.74Mbps and upload 0.75 Mbps but today tests at 36.9 Mpbs and 15.5 Mbps respectively and the previous test on 4/1/2018 was 62.1 Mbps and 18.7 Mbps respectively.

The router was shipped to my address in good time and the two page A4 setting up instructions was a model of clarity.
Review Ratings
Summary: A breath of fresh air
December 27th, 2017 (Last Edited: December 27th, 2017)
I had A&A recommended to me by a bunch of work colleagues. I work in tech and it was pitched to me as an ISP that know what they’re doing and will speak to you like you do as well.

Yep, it’s more expensive than the competition. I don’t care. I’ve always been happy to pay over the odds for a service that’s better than everything else, and that’s precisely what’s going on here. If you want to phone a support line and be on hold for an hour, followed by an infuriating conversation with someone who could easily be replaced with an automated number menu (if they haven’t already), or you want a service that’s as transparent as a brick wall, you go ahead and save yourself a tenner a month.
Review Ratings
Summary: Migration to FTTP
December 18th, 2017 (Last Edited: December 18th, 2017)
We are lucky to be in an area where FTTP has been rolled out and on the day the Openreach checker said it was available I placed my order with AA.

The order was confirmed straight away. Two days later I had a confirmed installation date for the following Friday! Couldn’t believe how quick this was.

Had a couple of emails from the AA sales team about the install and they kept me updated.

On the morning of the install, the Openreach man arrived before 8am (turned out this was his 2nd FTTP install). A minor hiccup (the cable crosses the road and he needed someone else to help with this) and our new connection was live by lunchtime.

We have been using a bonded pair of FTTC lines beforehand (again with AA) and it’s amazing the difference.

Couldn’t recommend AA more. They might not be the cheapest out there, however they offer so much more in value.
Review Ratings
Summary: "Value" isn't the same as "cheapness"...
June 20th, 2015 (Last Edited: December 17th, 2017)
Right, I’m going to get the usual gripes out of the way - yes, AAISP are damn expensive, especially for high-usage households, and having usage limits/metering is unusual an an “unlimited” world (T&C’s apply etc etc).

It’s very difficult for me to justify AAISP to friends and colleagues because of that, and they say I’m bonkers for paying what I pay. Some of them put up with utter nonsense from their ISP’s, just because it’s cheap, or because they got freebies for a two-year sign-up.

Nuts to that. Life’s too short for dealing with flaky internet and messing about with “help” desks that can’t actually help you.

That’s why I switched to AAISP over ten years ago when Nildram imploded, and I’ve been with them ever since.

The service has been fast and very reliable, other than occasional blips. This is where AAISP’s support prove themselves to be head-and-shoulders over the competition - ring their support number or drop them an e-mail, and you’ll get a response from a REAL person who can actually help you, not someone on another continent reading from a script. They will make sure that you’ve checked everything you can at your end, but once they’ve ruled out your equipment and wiring, they will chase BT (or TalkTalk if your service is provided on a TalkTalk connection) and they’ll keep pestering until your problem is solved.

I had a problem with excessive peak latency a couple of years back, and they took this all the way up to the top levels of OpenReach to sort it out. Even the MD got involved !

They have a secret weapon - answers to the name “Shaun”, likes BT managers, but will eat normal food if required. The rest of the support folks are pretty good at giving BT/TT a hard time too. They’ll even take on new customers with existing broadband faults and try to fix them, with a money-back guarantee if they can’t.

They also have a policy of “not being the bottleneck” in providing service - and they have delivered on that promise in the past if links appeared to be overly busy.

This is what makes them more expensive - but it’s also what makes them good.

They still get 10/10 across the board from me, even for "value" - that's because I “value” having a consistently fast, reliable service, with tech support that doesn’t treat me like an idiot.

DEC 2017 UPDATE: I've been on Home::1 1Tb for just over 18 months - don't let the fact it's provided via TalkTalk put you off, it's a MUCH better grade of service than you get with TalkTalk Retail.
Review Ratings
Summary: AAISP Home::1 FTTC
December 13th, 2017 (Last Edited: December 13th, 2017)
I recently migrated from BT Infinity 2, after BT's latest announcement of price rises. Opting for the Home::1 FTTC 1TB service, I also chose to migrate my telephone line and number. The price will be a couple of pounds a month than I was paying BT, but now I'm dealing with a responsive and knowledgeable team, and benefiting from additional functionality in the form of VOIP hosting and a sane IPv6 implementation.

The service from AAISP has been of the highest quality - from the moment I placed my order, continuing through the management of the change-over, and in all my subsequent dealings with sales and technical support.

The timetable for the migration was accurate and was adhered to precisely. I couldn't be more satisfied.
Sponsored