Reviews » Broadband Fixed Line »

☰ Login   /   Signup ⚲ Search
475 Reviews
Posted: 21st Mar, 2024    By: zz
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
AAISP outclass any other UK ISP I've ever used. When there's an issue or you have a question, you can always get through to an actual person who knows what they're talking about. You aren't treated like an idiot and continually asked to reboot your router. Every interaction I've had with support has been straightforward and easy. The service is much more stable than that of my neighbours, most of whom use BT/Plusnet.

Time With Provider: 18 Months
Package Name: FTTC
Posted: 08th Mar, 2024    By: finegan
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
I've been a loyal A&A customer for about 12 years at this point, and as a networking professional, one of the biggest problems with ISPs, as an industry, is that they've trained their customer base to believe that the single selling point is maximum download speed.

A&A has consistently been amazing at tech and billing support, as in picking up on the second ring and immediately talking to someone that can fix your problem. They peer with basically everyone and do not over-subscribe their backbone, so my connection anywhere is at low and consistent latency. They've provided me with the same static IPv4 /32 and IPv6 /64 that I've moved with me around the UK. They've been running a dual stack network for as long as I've been a customer. There is no port filtering, destination blocks, or traffic shaping shenanigans on their network. They sell you an unfettered connection to the internet.

The max download on the line speed is also good.

Time With Provider: 12 Years
Package Name: FTTP
Posted: 01st Mar, 2024    By: Jubal Harshaw
Title: The best.
I've used AAISP for many years. I also advise clients and many friends on their choice of ISP. I also hear about the horrors that they have endured with other ISP's.
For technical knowledge they can't be beaten.

Time With Provider: 15 Years
Package Name: Soho 1
Posted: 25th Feb, 2024    By: stuart.jones
Title: Fantastic
I'd always shied away from AAISP because they were always one of the most expensive and didn't offer unlimited usage. I wasn't sure what real benefit the extra £10/month was going to give me.

I already wish I'd made the decision to go with them years earlier - the advanced controls and reporting built into your account are incredibly useful, including customised IPv6 delegation, and advanced line monitoring options.

I'd been having trouble with my download speed always lagging significantly behind my line speed for 12-18 months now with a previous ISP who weren't prepared to investigate any further.

As part of my switch to AAISP I asked them to look into it, and they agreed that something wasn't right, and the first thing to check was my hardware, which hadn't shown any signs of being the problem.

Less than 24 hours later, a new modem arrived, and when I had a chance to switch over, lo and behold the problem was my old modem which it turns out must have been silently dying in its old age. So problem solved, I've got as decent a connection as it's possible to get given Openreach limitations, high speeds, and low lag.

Time With Provider: 2 Weeks
Posted: 16th Feb, 2024    By: stuart576
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
I have been with various ISPs over the years. But there is no-one that comes close to the level of service and support that A&A provide.

They have great technical knowledge and don't treat you like an idiot like most ISPs.

The support I received when the council were causing issues with the installation as second to none.

If you are tech-minded, or if you are not, these guys will cater to your needs.

Top notch, I should've switched to A&A years ago!

Time With Provider: 1 Years
Package Name: G.fast 160M+30M
Posted: 11th Jan, 2024    By: awstewart
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
I was with BT for years which was fine...until you wanted to change your contract, or there was a broadband fault, or you tried to figure out their pricing, or you had some support questions.

AAISP is a breath of fresh air. They answer the phone quickly, they answer your questions straightforwardly and comprehensively, they don't fob you off, they are honest about what they can and can't do, and they know exactly what they are talking about. Furthermore the pricing is clear (unlike BT there are no shenanigans) and fair.

On the technical side, the service itself, and the equipment provided, are excellent. And it is transparent: if there is ever a broadband problem, you receive an automatic "down" email and then an automatic "up" one when the problem is resolved.

Time With Provider: 1 Months
Posted: 08th Jan, 2024    By: limey
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
We used A&A to get FTTP for our company, and they did an excellent job. Their people are highly knowledgeable and that translated into a simple and hassle-free installation even though OpenReach had to run fibre into our building as part of the install. We were super impressed.

So when I moved to a new place where only VDSL was available for Internet, AAISP was high on the list. The installed provider (when we moved in) was all about offering the lowest price, and the service reflected that: poor throughput and reliability meant it was impossible to work from home and "Netflix fade" every evening was a real thing.

AAISP once again did a great job of installing new VDSL service on the same line, and it has transformed our Internet experience. I can now work from home without worrying that I'll freeze in the middle of a Zoom call, Netflix fade is a thing of the past etc. Great service, great support... what more could you ask for?

Time With Provider: 6 Weeks
Package Name: VDSL
Posted: 07th Dec, 2023    By: deapthought
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Half Star
I'd moved my primary work domain to AA many years ago. More recently I'd ported the phone numbers to their VoIP service. So when the then current host of a couple of personal domains decided to charge significantly for what had been free (very much the last straw after a number of issues that they should have known the answer to, but acted otherwise), I checked with AA. I found that they were going to be cheaper with more options. The domains were held on one of the companies that attracted and host up to millions of domain names.

Sales were very helpful in confirming prices and packages etc.

So I decided to move, and over the next few hours (while I was on a train, so not the easiest of circumstances) the move went smoothly. The only problem was my own fault, and the sales person I was liasing with - VA - resolved the matter.

I will have no hesitation in not only moving more work domains to AA but knowing that I'm in capable hands during the short time that it took.

Time With Provider: 5 Years
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Empty Star
Posted: 07th Dec, 2023    By: NonnoRoger
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
With my Plusnet contract about to run out, and their phasing out of PSTN, I had been testing out VOIP from A&A on a new number for a while, with the Yealink W70B DECT phone - supplied preconfigured by them. Next step was to get a Grandstream 801 Adapter, also preconfigured by them for my new number. After the struggles dealing with agents and bots and so-called help pages, working with A&A was an absolute pleasure - very responsive technical support, easy to have a dialogue over email, confident but respectful, with deep knowledge. So I decided to take the plunge and move my FTTC Broadband to A&A SOGEA and at the same time port my PSTN number to VOIP via the adapter earlier this week. Able to keep my existing modem and router which was a boon, with excellent support by phone in dealing with an issue that was resolved by configuring the router from scratch. OK, I have good technical knowledge, but that means I just appreciate even more the detailed information available from the A&A control panel. Very well worth paying a little more to get such a high standard of ethical and human service. Special hat tip to Shaun.

Time With Provider: 4 Weeks
Package Name: SOGEA + VOIP
Posted: 23rd Nov, 2023    By: TB
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
Been with AAISP for over a decade now, having migrated from Be Unlimited. During that time we've transitioned from ADSL to a VDSL service and recently to an FTTP service - all of which has been excellent.

The support is surely the best you could get. They are knowledgeable, responsive and will genuinely try to help you. They have always been obliging when enquiring about even minor niggles. When upgrading to FTTP I made a mistake of ordering as an additional service rather than regrading our existing VDSL service, but the folks at AAISP kindly sorted this without delay or fuss.

Performance and reliability has been fantastic throughout. It, again, is surely the best that could be achieved within the constraints of BT Group et el. services/infrastructure.

The feature set is unique with a plethora of useful options and monitoring available to the customer.

The ordering, processing, billing and terms is all very transparent and plainly set out. What you see is what you get, no hidden traffic shaping, filtering or random price hikes etc.

While AAISP are not the cheapest, and some may be put off by the data quotas, you definitely get what you pay for. To my knowledge, prices have not increased in the time we have been with them. On the contrary they have decreased prices and/or upgraded quotas.

We don't usually leave reviews, but here's a rare exception to the rule.

Time With Provider: 10 Years
  2. BT (3569)
  3. Politics (2602)
  4. Openreach (2342)
  5. Business (2322)
  6. Building Digital UK (2277)
  7. FTTC (2061)
  8. Mobile Broadband (2039)
  9. Statistics (1830)
  10. 4G (1724)
  11. Virgin Media (1674)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1494)
  13. Fibre Optic (1426)
  14. Wireless Internet (1417)
  15. FTTH (1383)