AAISP

95%
95%
96%
89%
Summary: Beyond The Call Of Duty...
June 29th, 2015 (Last Edited: June 29th, 2015)
My first impressions of this ISP were positive. Sales staff who were polite, knowledgeable and not pushy. Right from the start I knew I was talking to a real person and he treated me like a real person. The transfer from Virgin was seamless (to be fair to Virgin they gave me my MAC without making a fuss) and pretty quick. My requirement to use my own ADSL modem rather than theirs was accommodated without a fuss.

Day 1 was not good. I arrived home from work to no service at all. Nothing. It was Friday evening before a bank holiday! I tried everything I could think of then sent an SMS to their service department, not expecting a response. Surprisingly I got one and over the next few hours we exchanged message after message as he tried to work out the problem. He worked until 11pm, then we called it a day. The following morning the service team was at it again at 8am. To cut the story short, the problem was not, I repeat NOT the fault of AAISP but was a BT Openreach problem. It was sorted out by supper time on Saturday after the involvement of the company MD no less! Service since then has been fast and reliable.

I have since upgraded to FTTC which was a painless process. Speed is very fast and reliable!

AAISP is not the cheapest ISP but if you want excellent customer service and a flexible range of options as well as a person you can talk to who knows what he or she is talking about, this is the one for you.
Review Ratings
Summary: "Value" isn't the same as "cheapness"...
June 20th, 2015 (Last Edited: June 20th, 2015)
Right, I’m going to get the usual gripes out of the way - yes, AAISP are damn expensive, especially for high-usage households, and having usage limits/metering is unusual an an “unlimited” world (T&C’s apply etc etc).

It’s very difficult for me to justify AAISP to friends and colleagues because of that, and they say I’m bonkers for paying what I pay. Some of them put up with utter nonsense from their ISP’s, just because it’s cheap, or because they got freebies for a two-year sign-up.

Nuts to that. Life’s too short for dealing with flaky internet and messing about with “help” desks that can’t actually help you.

That’s why I switched to AAISP almost nine years ago when Nildram imploded, and I’ve been with them ever since.

The service has been fast and very reliable, other than occasional blips. This is where AAISP’s support prove themselves to be head-and-shoulders over the competition - ring their support number or drop them an e-mail, and you’ll get a response from a REAL person who can actually help you, not someone on another continent reading from a script. They will make sure that you’ve checked everything you can at your end, but once they’ve ruled out your equipment and wiring, they will chase BT (or TalkTalk if your service is provided on a TalkTalk connection) and they’ll keep pestering until your problem is solved.

I had a problem with excessive peak latency a few months back, and they took this all the way up to the top levels of OpenReach to sort it out. Even the MD got involved !

They have a secret weapon - answers to the name “Shaun”, likes BT managers, but will eat normal food if required. The rest of the support folks are pretty good at giving BT/TT a hard time too. They’ll even take on new customers with existing broadband faults and try to fix them, with a money-back guarantee if they can’t.

They also have a policy of “not being the bottleneck” in providing service - and they have delivered on that promise in the past if links appeared to be overly busy.

This is what makes them more expensive - but it’s also what makes them good.

They still get 10/10 across the board from me, even for "value" - that's because I “value” having a consistently fast, reliable service, with tech support that doesn’t treat me like an idiot.
Review Ratings
Summary: First class service
June 8th, 2015 (Last Edited: June 8th, 2015)
Have always tried to be with an ISP whom caters for a more premium user and was with PlusNet (untill BT bought them) then Easynet (until Sky bought them) then BT wooed me with FTTC.
Started out as getting 75Mb throughput and was syncing at nearly 80Mb however speed started to fall over the next year probably due to crosstalk to about a 70Mb sync.
Early this year i lost 10-15Mb over a few days and BT refused to accept there was a fault and refused to send anybody to fix it.
Decided to leave BT and after reading about AAISP as well as out mutual hatred for BT/Openreach i decided to switch.
All went well and the transfer was very smooth.
After switching they team at AAISP badgered BT with frequent line tests. Within a week i had an appointment with Openreach. Technician came out and found a joint box on my pole had lost its cover and was full of water. This and a few other bad joints were repaired and im back to nearly 70Mb sync/65Mb throuhgput so a great effort from the AAISP team in getting Openreach to find and fix my faults.

Its been a while since i was on a usage plan so i had no idea how much i actually downloaded. They only count downloads towards domestic usage and not uploads.
nearly one month in i think i will upgrade to their 200Gb/month tariff at £10pm extra as opposed to PAYG topups in 50Gb lots as it looks like ill regularly be over 100Gb.

Ignoring the issue from BT, i find the latency and page load times to be significantly faster from AAISP over BT. Ping times are generally 30-40ms vs 80+ with BT which makes VOIP more natural.

It is expensive but you really do get what you pay for.
Review Ratings
Summary: Amazing ISP!
June 1st, 2015 (Last Edited: June 1st, 2015)
Never before have I had a honest frank and pleasant chat with an ISP - Until I called A&A!

They are brilliant at what they do - the control panel is amazing as is the IRC chat and the other customers. I have a copper pair line and it's nice to have it as I don't use the phone at all.

The ONLY reason I am migrating away is that, for me, the usage is restrictive (but I knew what they charged for what usage before I joined) The day they offer unlimited ADSL i will be back in a heart beat.

I love A&A's " no ********" attitude - We provide a service - you pay your bill. NO special customer offers here we all pay the same and that's fantastic.

If you can live within their usage limits I would highly recommend this ISP as they really are the mutts nuts.

Review Ratings
Summary: A&A experience
June 1st, 2015 (Last Edited: June 1st, 2015)
Initially chose them some years ago because of their website - full of technical info, no fluff!

The few times I have had to contact their technical people you get the impression you are dealing with people who really know their job rather than some anonymous call centre person going through a script.

Have just converted to FTTC, changeover went smoothly.

Well worth it!