AAISP

94%
95%
95%
88%
Summary: One week in...
October 30th, 2014 (Last Edited: October 30th, 2014)
So far, so good. A&A provide a quality service. The connection is consistent & I've yet to have any issues - that said, I've only been using them for a few days. They are rather more expensive than competing ISPs, but I feel like you pay a premium for the high quality of customer support & mercifully straight-forward interactions.

I am slightly dismayed by the fact that I appear to be paying £7 a month more than I think I agreed to. This may be an oversight on my part, but it does put a dampener on things.

Overall, happy enough at present. Depending on how things go in the coming months I might come back and update this.
Review Ratings
Summary: Not bad so far..
October 29th, 2014 (Last Edited: October 29th, 2014)
I'm an IT professional who has been in the industy for nearly a decade and I've mostly used Cable connections provided by NTL/Virgin Media and then more recently BT Infinity VDSL2 (FTTC).

After numerous issues with BT Infinity Business and lots of pondering, I decided to move to AAISP where their website sold me on their competency and all the associated benefits of internet connections geared up for geeks.

I ended up going for the FTTC 80/20 connection with them and later purchasing an additional ADSL2+ connection over the Talk Talk backhaul network to offer some form of redundancy.

The installation of both connections was seamless and communication was good during this period. I have had a few issues with the FTTC connection which eventually turned out to be underground cabling issues which Openreach identified and resolved. These had been issues outstanding for months before joining AAISP and then with AAISP as well. They had sent out a couple of Openreach engineers to investigate the issue but unfortunately it was intermittent so difficult for the engineer to diagnose. I was pretty persistent with AAISP in trying to get this issue resolved so was regularly on to them with statistics from my end and diagnosis' I had done. The support are mostly very helpful however on occassion I felt as if they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes a bit as one support engineer offered capped my data rate on their end to try resolve an issue which was clearly down to Openreach's cabling. I understand Openreach can be very difficult to deal with but I was a little disappointed to have someone try fool me in this way when I knew full well what the problem was.

Suffice to say, all other experiences with their support have been efficient and knowledgeable. I would recommend them over *any* other UK ISP despite the price.

Pros:

Excellent control panel
Very useful graph data
Technical people

Cons:

Openreach (not AAISP's fault)
No API for their control panel as yet
Review Ratings
Summary: Back with AAIsp
October 23rd, 2014 (Last Edited: October 23rd, 2014)
Glad to be back with AAISP, left six months ago after moving in with the girlfriend. Sadly she had BT infinity as its cheap :s and aaaaaawful.

Sales were very helpful and accounts too with reinstating my dd. Did not get the chance to talk to support yet but i guess that's a good thing :)
Review Ratings
Summary: Good First Impressions
October 19th, 2014 (Last Edited: October 19th, 2014)
I moved to AAISP because I needed a package that allowed me larger FTTC download limits than my former provider, and because I wanted to use an ISP known for great customer service. AAISP and The Home::1 tariff allows you to subscribe to either 100GB or 200GB or 300GB per month as a download limit (which is more than enough for the majority of home users). You pay more than you would for BT or Sky or Virgin but the ability to speak to a technically competent person the first time you call with a problem is a big selling point for me as I do not have time to waste speaking to call centre staff in another part of the world. My order form for AAISP went smoothly: I received regular communications via text and email at each step of the process; I received a welcome pack with my free router outlining the relevant details of my service and the connection details. The modem that you get for free is not the best with respect to quality; however, it is pre-configured with connection and login settings to allow automatic connection when it is installed. It also is pre-loaded by AAISP with an applet that allows them to more-easily monitor and diagnose issues with your service. I have decided not to use the free router they provide and have had no issues as yet with setup or operation of my own router on their network (I will keep their free router and plug it in in case I do need to get their help in diagnosing an issue). The customer service account that is set up for customers and is accessed via their website is great in that it has good summary info as well as detailed technical and usage info. So far, I have had a good first impression of AAISP's customer service and I have been very happy with the internet connection and speed that I get from them.
Review Ratings
Summary: AAISP
October 16th, 2014 (Last Edited: October 16th, 2014)
I've just moved into a house in a rural area (that only has ADSL service) and so we've had to give up the Virginmedia cable that we've been using for more than 10 years. An additional service that we had from Be Internet was great before it was taken over by Sky - a rapid descent downhill. What to do? During those last 10 years I've had occasion to use BT's service directly both as a private user and as a business owner. All I can say is that I never want to go through that again. So, after a bit research, AAISP seemed like the answer. Happily I can say that we made the right choice. We have also chosen to use their VOIP service as our primary landline therefore we don't have to interact with BT at all. My scores are of course subjective so you need to figure out whether AAISP would be right for you but the lack of long contracts and friendly telephone help make this pretty easy to do.

To sum up; I'm really happy with AAISP and would recommend them.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).