AAISP

94%
95%
94%
87%
Summary: Best by Far
June 22nd, 2016 (Last Edited: June 22nd, 2016)
I've been using AAISP for nearly 3 years now, but for business and home use. In terms of technical proficiency they are second to none, offering all sorts of solutions to give you exactly the connection you want (bonded lines, failover etc).

The control panel they give you is great you can see exactly what is going on. The support is good, tech savvy, not scripted waffle.

Whilst they are not the cheapest option out there, you certainly get what you pay for. The recently introduced terabyte service is a great offering.

Review Ratings
Summary: Honest, responsive, efficient, fast
June 21st, 2016 (Last Edited: June 21st, 2016)
I came to AAISP after battling for months with my previous provider (Firefly Internet, formerly Titan ADSL) who were not convinced my line was faulty and refused to pay an Openreach engineer to investigate.

Within 1 week of being with Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) they sent an engineer who almost immediately discovered a damaged cable in the street and fixed it, instantly increasing my download speed by 6x, From ~300kb/s to ~1.7MB/s (around 17mbps), which is the fastest my local exchange can provide.

The transition from my old ISP and phone line was hassle-free, I received new login details for my router shortly before my old service was cut off so there was no downtime for me at all.

They also made some other alterations to my line remotely (not sure what) which reduced my ping by about a half (great for online gaming) and increased my upload speed slightly. My line now has 100% uptime too, whereas my previous ISP would drop out 10+ times a day.

So the problem plaguing me for 3 months with my previous ISP, after endless back-and-forth copy-and-paste stock-response support ticket 6u1l5h!t, was completely fixed within 6 days by AAISP after mentioning it ONCE to them when I signed up, with no fuss, like it was nothing. Amazing.

I also had my BT phone line cancelled (since I never used it) and rent my data-only line with AAISP now too to save a bit of money.

Which brings me to the only vaguely negative point: AAISP are not cheap. If you decide to also rent your phone line with them, though, you can make up a bit of the difference. I'm currently paying about £10 more per month in total than I was with my previous (crap) ISP for their service plus BT line rental, but it's 100% worth it.

Another great thing about AAISP is the very detailed and verbose control panel for your account. You can see a graph of your bandwidth usage showing up/down activity, latency, and all sorts of other technical info about the status of your line. You can also see all the individual support requests involved in setting up your line or dealing with issues (of which I have had none, I hasten to add), when they were created, who last updated them, who is going to respond to them and their expected ETAs. So if you're eager for your line to be set up you can log in and see exactly where they're up to. Basically it's impossible for them to ever 'fob you off'. This is 100% customer support transparency and a shining example of how all ISPs should be run!

I did have reason to contact AAISP via phone during my setup process (a mistake on my part involving the cancellation of my BT line) and someone answered within 2 rings, no menus, just straight through to someone with actual technical knowledge. Again, amazing!
Review Ratings
Summary: Sterling service received, as expected
June 14th, 2016 (Last Edited: June 14th, 2016)
I've been a customer of AAISP for a long time now (14 years? Something like that). I migrated to the AAISP FTTC offering having previously been on the end of a rural broadband connection. Some of my "grandfathered in" perks have also been carried over to the Home::1 package, which I am grateful to AAISP for doing.

Ordering was a breeze, with very simple to answer questions until the order was complete. A date was immediately agreed as go-live (and this was literally hours after the cabinet was given the "Awaiting Orders" status by BT Wholesale).
The FTTC service was actually in and active 1 day earlier than promised, for reasons best known to BT, but fortunately I was able to complete the work necessary to make the swap-over complete at my end of things at short notice.
Once the service was correctly wired in, the modem logged in and everything sprang into life and just worked, first time. Despite the high standards I hold AAISP to, this actually came as no suprise - their stuff generally just works as advertised.

I've done a couple of speed tests, and I have absolutely no complaints with the download speed I am receiving. The download speed I actually achieve is absolutely in line with the vDSL sync speed - Andrews and Arnold are living up to their "we promise not to be the bottleneck" promise - even for a brand new 80Mbit/S line. Download speeds don't drop in the evenings.

10/10 across the board. I continue to have no complaints (even after 14 years) about the AAISP service. I cannot recommend AAISP highly enough, they go the extra mile to make things work first time, and reliably thereafter.

It's a shame that the Speed rating doesn't go up to 11 on this review form; if there was ever any ISP worthy of an 11, AAISP is that ISP.

tl;dr: AAISP are good. Really good. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend another ISP whilst AAISP are here doing their thing.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent Service
June 13th, 2016 (Last Edited: June 13th, 2016)
I migrated to the Home::1 FTTC product after being with my previous SP for many years and am completely satisfied with the experience. My pre-sales queries were answered promptly and the ordering process was straightforward. The service provision was completed as expected and without problem. I like the facilities provided by the Control Pages which are informative as well as giving a great deal of control to the EU. A technical query I had was also answered promptly, something I could never expect from my previous SP. The performance of my circuits is as expected and very stable, throughput appears better than previously (subjective).

Highly recommended for a high standard of service, both technical and customer.
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent response time for support
June 10th, 2016 (Last Edited: June 10th, 2016)
We moved from a well known internet provider due to the delays to obtain technical help. A&A always pick up the phone and look into issues quickly, giving you a call back to let you know what they have done.

In terms of reliability, we still have issues, but every time I have contacted them, they have done something to attend my request for help and improve the situation when possible.

The only negative I can find, compared to my previous provider, is that the download speed suffers to a point where it is unusable, if I am trying to upload data, to complete back ups to the cloud. I have been told, this is to do with the line capabilities, which I totally understand, but had not experienced previously, i.e. I could upload to Dropbox, while being able to surf the net for content, but this is no longer possible, I need to choose one or the other.

Overall I do recommend them, as I am completely reassured I will find someone very competent at the end of the technical help line, should I need any support.