AAISP

94%
95%
94%
87%
Summary: No love left for me
May 17th, 2016 (Last Edited: May 24th, 2016)
Since moving to AA back in December from BT I've had a pretty rough ride. Initially speeds were better, but it didn't take long before my line was dropping several times a day. Now my line is better but not great and my speed is around the same as when I was with BT if not a bit worse. AA support don't really seem to fussed and just keep telling me I'm in line with what BT predict.

So I now pay about 15 a month more than when I was on BT, get a less stable connection and around the same speed and I'm on a metered service which it turns out is a real issue in these days of HD IPTV. AA support are very quick to respond, but I have found them no more effective than BT.

Guess AA must be so busy loving everybody else up there's no-one left to give a monkeys about me.

I moved to AA because of all the hype about great support and sorting out bad lines etc. Shame they haven't delivered. I'll be leaving as soon as my contract expires. I tried to asking to leave early as I was very unhappy. They said no.

ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by AAISP Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

Dear mrkuryakin,

I feel we need to reply to this review as there are a few points we should raise in our defense of this circuit.

The line is a long line, and although it's FTTC (VDSL), the street cabinet that it is connected to is not close to the premises. Sadly, this means that the line gets just 11Mb/s sync speed. This is slow for a FTTC line but due to the line length is at the higher end of Openreach's estimate speed.

With regards to the stability of the line, the line has not lost connection since April 27th and according to our constant quality monitoring does look like a very good line in terms of loss and latency. Various line tests show no fault and there is no congestion at the exchange, the back-haul network or at our side. The line is able to download at full speed at all times of the day.

This does not look like a bad line or a line with a fault, it's just a long line which means the speed is low, but it is within the range expected.

You are right in in that we are good at sorting out bad lines, but, unfortunately, in this case there is not a fault, Sorry.

With regards to the contract, our Home::1 tariff, which you are on, has a 6 month minimum term, which has now passed so you are free to migrate to another ISP if you wish.
Review Ratings
Summary: Premium Service
May 23rd, 2016 (Last Edited: May 23rd, 2016)
I will start off by saying this is not the cheapest ISP around. If you want cut price special lock in deals then look elsewhere.

However in my experience you get what you pay for with things like ISPs. Over the years I've had a few problems on various lines and have had some terrible experiences with ISPs getting the issues resolved.

Not so with AA.net. From joining to activation of my line, they were brilliant. Keeping me up to date and letting me know of any changes.

When fibre was almost in my area they set a check so I would know as soon as fibre was available, which was very good of them. When moving to fibre they were equally helpful and the router I decided to get from them for the upgrade was set up and ready. All very nice.

However I ran into a problem where speeds were dropping at night. They traced this to congestion on the BT circuit and raised a fault which got it all sorted very quickly. In comparison my next door neighbour, who also moved to fibre at the same time I did was also suffering the same speed issues at the same times and his ISP were trying to fob him off. You get what you pay for.

Review Ratings
Summary: Always on your side.
May 23rd, 2016 (Last Edited: May 23rd, 2016)
AAISP is worth the extra money it costs over a cheaper ISP. If anything ever goes wrong, you can talk to a person in support or sales who actually knows more than you do and can fix things. They take what they do seriously.

Think about how important the internet is to you. I would rather go without heating than without internet service. Do you really want to buy something that important from a company that treats you with contempt?

When you need help, you don't want to waste your time talking to a person reading a script. The few extra pounds AAISP costs is more than worth it. I would never go back.
Review Ratings
Summary: So far, so awesome :)
May 23rd, 2016 (Last Edited: May 23rd, 2016)
AAISP are very much the evidence that "you get what you pay for" - yes, you can get a cheaper connection, albeit bundled with 300 TV channels you don't want and a voice line you don't need, and end up paying about the same - but you won't get their level of service and expertise.

Was very pleased when the connection was hooked up, and the speeds were exactly where they should be for an FTTC connection.

Having been a customer of one of the "big name" ISPs for many years, and having fallen foul of their customer service one too many times, I've found A&A to be a breath of fresh air. Support staff who know their stuff and aren't just working from the "have you tried turning it off and on again" script...

Their no-nonsense attitude to digital rights, internet filtering and privacy is the icing on an already very sweet cake.
Review Ratings
Summary: Outstanding
May 23rd, 2016 (Last Edited: May 23rd, 2016)
Wanted something more reliable than your bog standard Sky / Virgin broadband etc, which often 'throttles' in peak times and with A&A we finally got that.
Installation was complete within a few days, there were no hiccups and setting up was easy and done within minutes of plugging the router in.
We have had this a few weeks now and the speeds of the internet, including streaming has been flawless right from the first time we started using it. There is no slow down during peak periods and it caters very nicely for multiple users too.
Highly recommended in my opinion for all round service, speed and quality of broadband.