AAISP

94%
95%
94%
87%
Summary: Fixed-Line Broadband
March 13th, 2016 (Last Edited: April 24th, 2016)
I have been with A&A for about 7 months now. Initially I didn't want to be tied to yearly contracts with any of the most used ISPs.

As most of their clients I started off from a BT line. However, due to heavy congestion in peak times (evenings and weekends) the dl speed dropped from 15-16Mbps down to 2-3. I let the guys at A&A know, and in a few weeks I was transferred over to a TalkTalk line, which pulls a stable 14-15 Mbps ALL THE TIME, even peak times.

The support from these guys is, if not perfect, the closest thing to it. I sent an e-mail about an issue, out of normal business hours (was about 19:00 I think). I got a reply and resolved the issue in less than 5 minutes.

We are 2 people in the house. We are both working in normal business hours, 9-17:30. My fiancee streams Netflix, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. I also stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, play MMORPGs, online games and DL the occasional game from Steam or GOG.com. We have 2 PC's, 2 tablets, 2 mobiles. We've never had an issue with 100GBs not being enough, usually there's about 10-15GBs left.

I consider the service pricey, only when compared to special and cashback offers from other ISPs. The service I'm getting costs exactly as much as the VM my neighboor has. Except mine doesn't drop or cutout. Nor do I have to call a call centre to get compensation when I'm not getting the service I pay for. I would recommend to the marketing team of A&A though, to think of alternative marketing campaigns, e.g. affiliate sites like quidco. I think they are very popular with the demographic AAISP appeals to.

Final words; I think that A&A are worth the spend, IF you value quality. If you just want mindless downloading, with the risk of the line being unstable, then go for one of the cheap ones. Me, I couldn't stand it if I came back from work to find the internet down.

TLDR
Peace of mind; quality; not having to call a call center, EVER and arrange everything by e-mail in a matter of minutes; line monitoring vs download limit. Easy choice for me.

Eventually I've moved to another company because of a better deal and the fact that I will be spending less time in the UK now. I still think AAISP are worth the money if you value quality of service and speed.
Review Ratings
Summary: AASIP user
April 19th, 2016 (Last Edited: April 19th, 2016)
Iv'e been with AAISP since 2002 and the support from them has always been exemplary.

They offer a great set of services, and are very easy to deal with.
Review Ratings
Summary: Simply the Best ISP in Britain
March 10th, 2016 (Last Edited: March 10th, 2016)
I could go on why this ISP is simply the best but others have already said it. Simply out-standing service - even when things go belly up they'll endeavour to help you... and lets face it, 9 / 10 any problems are not their fault but down to BT / TalkTalk.

Review Ratings
Summary: AAISP Review
March 7th, 2016 (Last Edited: March 7th, 2016)
Andrews and Arnold provide the best customer support that I have seen.
You get to speak to a real person who knows what they are talking about and gets the job done - even when the issue is caused by a 3rd party supplier.

Professional service and you know that if something goes wrong - even when it is not their issue, (i.e. a user accidentally deleting emails -A&A restored a backup within a very short time and the user was back to work again).
Review Ratings
Summary: Service above and beyond
February 25th, 2016 (Last Edited: February 25th, 2016)
My company's web-shop relies on a VPN link between our hosting company and our office so that stock availability can be checked, and stock allocated when our customers order. At about 22:20 on 23rd Feb, 2016, I received an automated email from one of our servers telling me the VPN had dropped. On investigation I was unable to access any of the servers. I went to the A&A IRC channel and asked if anyone was aware of any problems and, even at this late hour, a staff member replied straight away and helped me localise the problem to within our building. It was too late to do anything about it then, so I set an early alarm for the morning.

When I got to work at about 08:00 my first action was to reboot the modems. Both lines sync'd, but neither would login. So I called the support telephone number and got an answer within two or three rings, and the person who answered helped me trouble-shoot further. He suggested some kind of EMI, and suggested a way of testing, and he was spot on! The PSU in our firewall had failed, nothing in or out of the network. Fortunately the device was supplied by A&A (it's a FireBrick). A&A were able to upload the config of the dead FB (they keep copies for just such eventualities) to a spare I had at home. I collected the spare, plugged it in and we were back up immediately. Including 8 hours asleep, travelling too and from work - twice! - our connection was down less than 12 hours.

A replacement PSU arrived by 10am on the following day and I had my home network back online in less than 36 hours since the problem arose.

I'm amazed at the diagnostic skills, the getting through to an intelligent person immediately, and that help was even available after 10pm.

It's wonderful to get through to someone who doesn't treat you as a moron by starting out with "have you tried turning it off and on again". There was no long drawn out conversation establishing the facts, their support team are really knowledgeable. Whenever I've called they've never kept me talking for more than 5 minutes - and most of that is waiting for BT diagnostics to run.

The swift and efficient resolution to this problem was excellent.

They may not be cheap, but support of this calibre has to be paid for somehow.