AAISP

94%
95%
95%
87%
Summary: Good communications and customer service!
February 8th, 2016 (Last Edited: February 8th, 2016)
I decided to make the switch to AAISP at the end of last year as my contract minimum term with Sky ended.

A couple of things initially attracted me to Andrew's and Arnold primarily:
* Good reviews.
* Apparent honesty and clarity surrounding customer data logging/storage etc.
* Multiple IPv6 and a single static IPv4 address as standard.
* And complete freedom to use whatever hardware at my end to connect as possible.

So far my customer experience has been first class.

There are a couple of small cons. Firstly, since my previous ISP, Sky, had me on a full LLU line I had to move my phone line to BT before I could get set up with Andrews and Arnold. For me this wasn't a particular problem as the benefits of moving away from Sky seemed to far outweigh this inconvenience but it did mean I had 10 days with no internet while things got set up. Another result of this setup is that for 12 months I'll have to keep a phone line with BT (as part of the deal with them for moving the line across) which means I'll need to pay a bit more for line rental until the minimum term is over. (I suspect there was probably a way to avoid 12 months with BT but it seemed like the most straight forwards way to get off Sky's unbundled package.)

In terms of the benefits of moving across from Sky things have been very good.

The first (and probably biggest benefit) is that I have much more faith in Andrews and Arnold in looking after my privacy. With Sky I was forced to make use of their Sky Hub to connect to the internet which I never really trusted on my LAN. And then at the other end of the connection Andrews and Arnolds policy's fill me with much more hope that my packet data won't get logged and used without me knowing exactly what's going on. As a result, I have been able to move from a setup where all my traffic was being routed through a VPN service (to bypass Sky's hub and keep my personal data off their network) to running my own modem and router without the VPN. This has resulted in a much more responsive connection and a lower ping, on average.

The second benefit I have noticed since moving to Andrews and Arnold is that my connection seems to be much more reliable. Whilst I have no empirical data to back this up, I did notice that with Sky at peak times streaming iPlayer and other high traffic services was always a bit hit and miss. I suspect Sky might rightly argue this was due to them not being able to shape traffic as effectively but I was on their top plan so I expected a reliable service.

Finally, Andrews and Arnold's communication has been flawless! Their invoicing and billing is better than any other utility I have dealt with before; When I have had customer support questions they have been answered via email the next day without fail in a friendly and informative manner; And their account control panel gives very detailed connection usage information, with supporting controls, which makes managing your bandwidth and debugging connectivity issues straight forwards.

In short I am very impressed with AAISP so far!
Review Ratings
Summary: Bad experience
January 21st, 2016 (Last Edited: January 23rd, 2016)
After so many positive feedback I tried this isp, and guess what? After week or so got connected, then dead line. Again on and off.So no internet all weekend cos they work 5 days, like someone said nonexistent customer support. Got sms that my line is down yet no contacting me or fixing something, so I had enough and cancelled contract.Then they charged me 95£ for early termination. So I spent 110£ for line installation plus 95£ just for few hours internet? Didn't expect that, All they are good at is to write invoices and and rip you off!

ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by AAISP Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

We are sorry to hear of this fault which meant the line was only working on two days. This is what is called an 'early life failure'.

We must however stress that is it necessary to actually report a fault, and had you done so we would have arranged a BT engineer. Sadly BT do not normally go out at weekends for this type of fault. We can, however, accept fault reports by sms and irc and email even at weekends.

The early termination charges apply as you ceased the service after only six days because you are moving. This is very clear in the terms and reflects the fact that we have costs in providing the service.
Review Ratings
Summary: Fast and reliable
January 18th, 2016 (Last Edited: January 18th, 2016)
If you want to have fast and reliable service - AAISP is the one you looking for. You will always get maximum possible speed and excellent support.
I'm with AAISP for more than year and I have to say I didn't have any long break in my service. And if there is any company is very honest with the customers by informing what is the true reason of any issues.
Definitely they have people who knows what they doing.
High price and limits are a little bit pain but I think for a good service you have to pay good money.
Any way every year they better offers.
Review Ratings
Summary: no fuss supply
January 5th, 2016 (Last Edited: January 5th, 2016)
Moved from a hopeless talktalk supply of 1 mbps or less ? Same exchange, same wires, but now getting 6 to 7 mbps from A & A. Initial setting up was dealt with calmly and efficiently. I am pleased with this move. Might 'seem' a bit more expensive, but think of the time saved, not having to phone useless call centres :)
Review Ratings
Summary: Excellent so far but the 100GB limit is too low
December 23rd, 2015 (Last Edited: December 23rd, 2015)
I switched to AA after many years with PlusNet. The day I switched, BT decide to upgrade my local exchange to ADSL2+. It took me about a week to realise that it wasn't the switch to AA that gave me a much needed speed boost but the highly coincidental exchange upgrade.

No problems with AA so far. I like the dashboard controls and the ability to monitor usage and line performance - very nice features.

My only gripe is that in an Apple dominated household with iCloud, Photos, iTunes, iPhones, etc, the basic 100GB limit is NOT enough. I'd be happy paying £25pm for a more reasonable 200GB. I would urge AA to seriously consider increasing this, otherwise I may have to switch back to (the now much faster) unlimited PlusNet after my minimum contract period expires.