AAISP

95%
96%
95%
88%
Summary: No love left for me - 12 month update
May 17th, 2016 (Last Edited: March 13th, 2017)
Update Pending
Review Ratings
Summary: Change to FFTC
February 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 28th, 2017)
I have been with Andrews and Arnold for many years and always more than satisfied with the service. Recently in my monthly invoice/statement they suggested changing to their Home FFTC provision. " It looks like this line could be upgraded to VDSL (Fibre to the cabinet) at speeds of 67−80Mb/s Down and 18−20Mb/s Up. See web site for details."
The change to this was smooth, including a new router that I needed for VDSL (at a favourable price and configured). I chose the monthly tertabyte option and can get this for less than my previous provision where I used about 300GB/month. So - better faster and more plentiful provision for less.

The staff at AAISP were, as mentioned by others, always professional, knowledgeable and most helpful such as when I forgot to order the router online.

All in all the best ISP I am aware of. If you are looking for a new/different ISP then AAISP deserves your close attention.
Review Ratings
Summary: Efficient, communicative and knowledgable
February 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 28th, 2017)
After many unsuccessful attempts to order FTTC service from BT we decided enough was enough.

Looked up available providers in our area on Openreach website and liked the look of Andrews & Arnold Ltd.

The cost of the service and the download limits were a bit of a concern, but we found that, so far, the Home::1 with 250Gb allowance is sufficient for us. We had our own DSL router, so did not need to buy one from AAISP. The "irc" chat facility proved invaluable when setting up the router late in the evening, thanks to very helpful members.

I would rate AAISP's communication and customer service very highly. Michael Barrett answered all my questions quickly via e-mail, or telephone.

We get around 73Mb download and around 17/20Mb upload speeds with a ping of 8ms, which we are very happy with. If a line is down, we get a text on my mobile, so we know that they are aware and that it is not our router playing up. Likewise when our line is back up and running.

Perhaps the download limits are not for everyone, if you are a high capacity user because it then becomes an expensive service. You can easily check your usage and lots of other, useful technical information on AAIP's website under your log in details.

We do not have VoIP or other services, just fast and reliable broadband with transparent invoicing and direct customer service.

We are very happy indeed!
Review Ratings
Summary: Helpful, friendly, and excellent customer service
February 28th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 28th, 2017)
I've been aware of A&A for a while, but as I lived in a cabled area, I didn't use their services until I moved house.

In the runup to the move, A&A answered a load of questions about different properties I'd viewed, giving me free excellent advice about what sort of service I could get, even in the middle of nowhere.

Once I'd moved, their sales team were helpful, honest and personable, helping me arrange a new line and offering advice about appointments.

Overall, they've been responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Review Ratings
Summary: Simply the best
February 23rd, 2017 (Last Edited: February 24th, 2017)
I first heard of Andrews & Arnold long ago - maybe 10 years - but as I was happy with my ISP at the time, I did not think of transferring. In December 2016, I was suddenly and unexpectedly cut off by my previous ISP - who had always provided what I thought was the best speed, reliability and service for a price only slightly higher than run-of-the-mill providers.

After a couple of false starts, I remembered AAISP and rang them up late one afternoon. I immediately recognised the unmistakeable "feel" of excellent service. All my rather naive questions were patiently, courteously and fully answered. When I wasn't sure if my BT line box was suitable, I was asked to send in a photograph by email - and a few minutes later I was reassured that it would work just fine.

On the day I feared all sorts of problems, but in the event we received a text to say we were connected - and we were! And when I say connected, I mean CONNECTED. My previous ISP had given us "up to 40 Mb/sec", which meant in practice usually about 35 down and a very reliable 8 up. With AAISP we are getting as much as twice that - and very reliably. I just ran a speed test on ISPReview and got 79.4 Mb/sec (bursting to 100) down and and 17 Mb/sec up. That is fairly typical, and it doesn't vary much. We chose a download limit of 150 GB/month, and so far it is about double our needs - although of course the faster the connection, the quicker you can pile up download GBs.

The trouble with really good broadband service is the same as any really good service - after a while you stop noticing it's there. That's how I have found AAISP after the first five weeks, and I'm pretty sure I like it very much (when I stop to think about it).