AAISP

94%
95%
95%
88%
Summary: Met expectations in full (so far)
November 23rd, 2014 (Last Edited: November 23rd, 2014)
I was moving to an area where I knew the broadband would be slow so I needed a technically literate ISP to deal efficiently with any technical issues in getting the fastest possible speed from the line. Particularly AA offer 'line bonding' if necessary, where two lines can be used together to double the speed.

My first contact with AA was with Victoria in Sales. As advertised, support is based in the UK and staffed by intelligent humans, not some telephone 'operative' going through a totally useless crib sheet for answers with no intelligence applied to the process whatsoever ('have you tried turning it off and on again' etc. etc.). Victoria was excellent. Clear and knowledgeable answers to all my questions. She made a note of everything we talked about so she could remember who I was and exactly what I needed when I called back a couple of weeks later to place my order when the line became available. Well done Victoria, showing how customer service should be done for all companies. Sadly few manage it.

Order was processed with extreme efficiency, with text messages all along to keep me informed of progress which was very reassuring. Telephone line (I ordered 'broadband only' line from AA) came up on the same day the old line was ceased, and broadband was available several days earlier than had been predicted by AA. I got the feeling that AA have direct access to the BT hierarchy and systems.

Prediction of speed from BT online was around 2Mb, but by going in at the master socket I can get nearly 4Mb and rock solid so really chuffed that this was at the very top end of my expectations. So far full speed seems to be available at any time of day. Line bonding may not be necessary, but will see how BBC iPlayer etc performs on my TV when I get a chance to connect it up.

The only downside is the limit to bandwidth on the Home 1 package is not quite generous enough to forget about it completely, but I can live with that if the service is of the highest quality which so far it appears to be. In any case AA make it extremely easy to monitor your usage, as simply going to their website home page gives a readout of remaining bandwidth without needing to log-in. it works out at just over 3Gb per day which should be enough I would think.

In summary, I cannot recommend AA highly enough if you don't mind paying that bit extra for a premium service. Personally I think its well worth it if my experience so far is anything to go by.
Review Ratings
Summary: Look No Further Than AAISP
November 17th, 2014 (Last Edited: November 17th, 2014)
After several good years with FAST I decided to go to AAISP for my new FTTC service. FAST's prices for FTTC were higher and the reviews for AAISP were decisive - and the minimum contract is only 6 months on the Home 1 package compared to the 12 months of most other ISPs! The FTTC installation today went without a hitch.
I wanted to carry on using my existing router (Billion BIPAC 7800N) instead of using the supplied Technicolor one, so after initially getting connected with the Technicolor I rang Customer Services and was answered without delay by someone who was very helpful in answering a couple of set up questions. I was up and running with the BIPAC as soon as I had set it up, with better wifi coverage than the Technicolor but no noticeable change in speed.
I'm getting a very good speed (37 Meg as opposed to the 3 Meg I got with ADSL LLU from FAST) and there are plenty of controls to tweak the settings - probably too many for me as I am not a techie.
So far I am really happy with my decision to go with AAISP.
Review Ratings
Summary: Believe the review rating
November 12th, 2014 (Last Edited: November 12th, 2014)
I've just got FTTC locally in our area after a two year wait. I had a really good relationship with Fast who provided me with great customer service and support throughout my time with them. But they couldn't match e cost of the AAISP package so I switched.

Signing up was easy.. A quick call helped decide on which particular option was best for our probable use.

A few days later the new router arrived preconfigured with a useful little card attached to the bottom with our details No fuss.

The BT Openreach install was ordered and occurred on time and I got regular text updates on progress. A quick call to support to just make. Sure it was all ok and again some text updates to tell me the order was all complete.

Billing is equally straigtforward with really clear invoicing.

We've now been using it a couple of weeks and the speeds are excellent even on wifi.

Simple, straightforward with really helpful services that are spot on. Believe the ratings.
Review Ratings
Summary: Best yet
November 7th, 2014 (Last Edited: November 7th, 2014)
Living as I do in the Kielder forest about two squilion miles from the exchange internet speeds are poor and I have just come away from the post office as connection was like Morse code.
These guys are great, fastest speed ever in twenty years over the last three days I have been with them, box arrived quick and just plug and play for internet. Have to spend an extra £3.60 for a domain name to do email, this was a bit daunting for me but managed to get a mailbox set up on my wives windows machine, my new mac I have given up on trying the email set up so have set up a gmail account and nothing could be simpler on the mac. Phoned help and they were help but still could not get the mac email running,not the fault of the isp or mac but me as approaching retirement. You pay a lot more for this but aaisp can be likened to chauffeur driven limousine when most of the rest are public transport. Help is only in office hours but what good is 24 hour coverage if the people on the other end are not IT professionals and then all they do is send BT round (again and again)
Well shall stick with this lot if it continues to stay like this as it will aid my health I'm sure.

Review Ratings
Summary: One week in...
October 30th, 2014 (Last Edited: October 30th, 2014)
So far, so good. A&A provide a quality service. The connection is consistent & I've yet to have any issues - that said, I've only been using them for a few days. They are rather more expensive than competing ISPs, but I feel like you pay a premium for the high quality of customer support & mercifully straight-forward interactions.

I am slightly dismayed by the fact that I appear to be paying £7 a month more than I think I agreed to. This may be an oversight on my part, but it does put a dampener on things.

Overall, happy enough at present. Depending on how things go in the coming months I might come back and update this.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).