PlusNet

39%
36%
42%
47%
Summary: PLUSNET / BT
March 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: March 16th, 2017)
I joined Plusnet, originally customer service was excellent. however since being taken over by BT, it has really gone down hill.

I got a text from them before Christmas, saying my contract was nearly up and they would contact me nearer the time to discuss renewing my contract with them.

I waited and waited and then I waited some more. We got to March so I thought I would call them NICE people at Plusnet, you know those people that go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

Well I waited for over 20 minutes on the phone, finally I spoke to a very UNHELPFUL young lady, when I explained my problem I was told "Its not our responsibility to tell customers when their contract has expired"

As if that was not bad enough she then passed me to the sales team, I was offered a new 18 month deal that was actually more expensive than a deal I could have got myself off of the internet.

Perhaps not surprisingly I have changed my broadband supplier.

I'll be surprised if I am the only customer that leaves plusnet this year.

Review Ratings
Summary: Forever on HOLD !!!
March 2nd, 2017 (Last Edited: March 2nd, 2017)
I've been with Plusnet for 4 years, and during that time persuaded a fair number of folks to switch to Plusnet.

One thing you used to be able to count on was the customer appreciation, how times have changed.

I can't complain about line speed, it's an Outreach line so everyone round here gets 17 Mbps no matter who their provider is.

It's when {relatively} little things go wrong you find out if you're with the right company.

After 4 years / over 35,000 hours the router they provided gave up the ghost, shouldn't be a big deal, but...

The first time I tried to contact Plusnet I was on hold for well over an hour !!! at that point I gave up, tried again later in the day, over an hour again and still on hold !!!

It wasn't easy trying to contact them on their "Chat Immediately on Line" as my router wasn't working :-(

I spent the next 53 minutes on my mobile phone waiting my turn on the Chat Line.
Only to be told, if the router is done for it's my problem not theirs, they wouldn't be sending out a replacement router unless I signed up for another contract.

I was on an 18 month contract, paid up front contract that still the best part of 3 months to go. No respect for that, or for the 4 years I've been with them, or the folks I persuaded to sign up with Plusnet 3-4 years ago.

I'll be gone when my contract is up and so will the guys that work for me, I pay 50% of their ISP costs so that we can work on line.

I guess all ISP providers look good when nothing goes wrong, it's when you ask for customer service / appreciation that you find out if they value or not.

Canada Bob.

Review Ratings
Summary: All good here
February 6th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 6th, 2017)
I have now had Plusnet FTTC for over four years and as I am only about a mile from the exchange I get top speeds, and very pleasant experience it has been. I did have three disconnections in the first two years which each lasted less than ¼ hour but since then it has been rock solid. Reading others posts I understand that Plusnets customer support is not spot on, but as I have never needed it that has never bothered me.
As far as I am concerned it is reliable, fast and cheap, what more could I want?

I also got their mobile plan a few weeks back again with no problems.

Review Ratings
Summary: PLUSNET - a difficult start but surprisingly good service in the end
December 21st, 2016 (Last Edited: January 11th, 2017)
As a respected and major property business Director my credit score has always been excellent with no exceptions. I was invited to try the Experian Credit Report and was horrified to note my credit score was actually 'Very Poor' !! This was due a catastrophic error made by PLUSNET which states I owe £595.00 for some mystery plusnet mobile account.

I have NEVER had a plusnet account of any kind or had any contact with Plusnet however they appear to have randomly added something to their records which potentially could have a major impact on me and our business reputation.

Calling plusnet customer services was just a joy ! - 'Chloe' who eventually took my call and despite explaining the reason for my call asked for my ''account number/details' !! - explaining again I have NEVER had an account with plusnet therefore I have NO account details she abruptly advised she could no longer help as I had failed the security checks and hung up.

Clearly customer services isn't something plusnet have invested in which could explain why their adverts state they are the 'cheapest', it really all makes sense now !

I have gone back to Experian who will write to Plusnet but advise it could be at least 28 days before any response is received so in the interim it is unwise for me to apply for any kind of new credit facilities as these will be declined due to a 'very poor' credit score caused by plusnet's incompetence !!.

I have also written to plusnet and to the CEO Andy Baker however from reading other customer reviews it appears Mr Baker is also unconcerned with customer issues.

10/01/17
After raising the above issue with Plusnet at the highest level, ownership was taken (Sarah) to a successful resolution with my credit score returned to its 'excellent' status.

I strongly believe feedback is crucial for any business (good & bad) so on this basis, I would like to thank Sarah and he colleagues for their assistance and professionalism in seeing this through to a speedy conclusion.

Based upon my experience with Plusnet which started out on a difficult footing I am happy to change my opinion and Rating.
Review Ratings
Summary: terrible, voting with my feet
January 10th, 2017 (Last Edited: January 10th, 2017)
My woes started when I got nest cams and realised my dsl speeds with Plusnet were about 2mbp down and up 0.12 (yes 0.12) my line is rated at 15 down and 2 up we live in an urban area. It took about 45 minutes in a phone queue to talk to someone, they made some changes to the line with very little improvement. This was repeated over 2 month and on three occasions. Now I get about 2 down and 0.2 up and have lost the will to live. So Andrew and Arnold here I come, lets hope it gets better