PlusNet

39%
36%
42%
46%
Summary: Avoid Plusnet
April 26th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 26th, 2017)
Plusnet is an absolute nightmare, been with them a few months now. The router keeps dropping wireless connections. Support have suggested several options on the router settings but this is an ongoing issue. Broadband speed is irregular at best, speed dropped down to 1MBS back upto 50MBS, no explanation on the irregular performance. Then without warning they deactivate my telephone line as I have reached an arbitrary 55 pound monthly limit on the account they have set. No prior warning, just a message when I try to dial out that I need to ring customer services to pay them. I have no poor credit history, I never late pay, they just deactivate the account. As a person that occasionally works from home, same with my wife, we need an outbound landline. I then find out that Plusnet is charging 50p connection fee to my freephone Webex conference lines. They don't get charged, but they are happily racking up my bill every time I join a work freephone conference call for an hour or so. I will never use Plusnet or BT again, they seem to treat customers as if we are untrustworthy criminals but they are charging me for a service that is free, and when I ask them why they are charging me for something that is free, they just say well we charge for it, it's in the small print of your contract.... that is what I call Criminal!!!
Review Ratings
Summary: Mediocre
April 15th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 15th, 2017)
Been with PlusNet a year and now looking for a change. Why? Well they're ok - they haven't bombarded me with spam, like talktalk did, were a good price, especially with the annual-line-rental-in-advance-package. Their uptime has been pretty good.

However, I still get shaky upload speed, some short downtime, especially at busy times, but ultimately I feel it's time to upgrade from ADSL to fibre.

So if you want an account you can manage reasonably easily online, with little spam calls, then they're acceptable, but by no means will blow you away.
Review Ratings
Summary: Reduced service
April 13th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 13th, 2017)
The customer service is now only by phone. During the day it normally takes at least 15 minutes to be able to speak to someone. This usually results in the issue being passed to a ticket which typically takes a day to be dealt with.

Beacuse of this I have initiated migration.
Review Ratings
Summary: PLUSNET / BT
March 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: March 16th, 2017)
I joined Plusnet, originally customer service was excellent. however since being taken over by BT, it has really gone down hill.

I got a text from them before Christmas, saying my contract was nearly up and they would contact me nearer the time to discuss renewing my contract with them.

I waited and waited and then I waited some more. We got to March so I thought I would call them NICE people at Plusnet, you know those people that go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

Well I waited for over 20 minutes on the phone, finally I spoke to a very UNHELPFUL young lady, when I explained my problem I was told "Its not our responsibility to tell customers when their contract has expired"

As if that was not bad enough she then passed me to the sales team, I was offered a new 18 month deal that was actually more expensive than a deal I could have got myself off of the internet.

Perhaps not surprisingly I have changed my broadband supplier.

I'll be surprised if I am the only customer that leaves plusnet this year.

Review Ratings
Summary: Forever on HOLD !!!
March 2nd, 2017 (Last Edited: March 2nd, 2017)
I've been with Plusnet for 4 years, and during that time persuaded a fair number of folks to switch to Plusnet.

One thing you used to be able to count on was the customer appreciation, how times have changed.

I can't complain about line speed, it's an Outreach line so everyone round here gets 17 Mbps no matter who their provider is.

It's when {relatively} little things go wrong you find out if you're with the right company.

After 4 years / over 35,000 hours the router they provided gave up the ghost, shouldn't be a big deal, but...

The first time I tried to contact Plusnet I was on hold for well over an hour !!! at that point I gave up, tried again later in the day, over an hour again and still on hold !!!

It wasn't easy trying to contact them on their "Chat Immediately on Line" as my router wasn't working :-(

I spent the next 53 minutes on my mobile phone waiting my turn on the Chat Line.
Only to be told, if the router is done for it's my problem not theirs, they wouldn't be sending out a replacement router unless I signed up for another contract.

I was on an 18 month contract, paid up front contract that still the best part of 3 months to go. No respect for that, or for the 4 years I've been with them, or the folks I persuaded to sign up with Plusnet 3-4 years ago.

I'll be gone when my contract is up and so will the guys that work for me, I pay 50% of their ISP costs so that we can work on line.

I guess all ISP providers look good when nothing goes wrong, it's when you ask for customer service / appreciation that you find out if they value or not.

Canada Bob.