PlusNet

39%
36%
42%
46%
Summary: Plusnet
July 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: July 16th, 2017)
My review is that PlusNet is reliable, and I wouldnt consider changing anything. Thank you
Review Ratings
Summary: Don't trust them
July 1st, 2017 (Last Edited: July 1st, 2017)
Repeatedly increased their fees and were happy to charge me an extra amount that I was not aware of.
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid
May 29th, 2017 (Last Edited: May 29th, 2017)
Avoid! this is the worst service provider, they blocking my broadband speed to 0,2Mb/s at weekend time and 7am-11pm for the rest of the week (first 30 days was 20Mb/s) traffic shaping , earlier termination fee ‎£43
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid Plusnet
April 26th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 26th, 2017)
Plusnet is an absolute nightmare, been with them a few months now. The router keeps dropping wireless connections. Support have suggested several options on the router settings but this is an ongoing issue. Broadband speed is irregular at best, speed dropped down to 1MBS back upto 50MBS, no explanation on the irregular performance. Then without warning they deactivate my telephone line as I have reached an arbitrary 55 pound monthly limit on the account they have set. No prior warning, just a message when I try to dial out that I need to ring customer services to pay them. I have no poor credit history, I never late pay, they just deactivate the account. As a person that occasionally works from home, same with my wife, we need an outbound landline. I then find out that Plusnet is charging 50p connection fee to my freephone Webex conference lines. They don't get charged, but they are happily racking up my bill every time I join a work freephone conference call for an hour or so. I will never use Plusnet or BT again, they seem to treat customers as if we are untrustworthy criminals but they are charging me for a service that is free, and when I ask them why they are charging me for something that is free, they just say well we charge for it, it's in the small print of your contract.... that is what I call Criminal!!!
Review Ratings
Summary: Mediocre
April 15th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 15th, 2017)
Been with PlusNet a year and now looking for a change. Why? Well they're ok - they haven't bombarded me with spam, like talktalk did, were a good price, especially with the annual-line-rental-in-advance-package. Their uptime has been pretty good.

However, I still get shaky upload speed, some short downtime, especially at busy times, but ultimately I feel it's time to upgrade from ADSL to fibre.

So if you want an account you can manage reasonably easily online, with little spam calls, then they're acceptable, but by no means will blow you away.