Reviews » Broadband Fixed Line »

☰ Login   /   Signup ⚲ Search
44 Reviews
Posted: 18th Jul, 2024    By: SussexUser
Half Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star
This company has a lot of one-star reviews across various review sites for a reason, they are absolutely awful.

Their billing system does not work properly and can't always handle 99p correctly. When other reviewers mentioned this I couldn't believe it but I kid you not.

Their support line is always swamped so expect an hours wait to get through. If you do persevere then be prepared for platitudes and assurances but very little else.

If you send an email expect to wait many days for a reply, if you get one at all.

If you have any complaints then you're out of luck as they are not registered with the ombudsman, only the toothless 'arbitration service'. Oh, and the complaints section on their website doesn't work properly.

Their 'web portal' looks like it was made a couple of decades ago, it has no modern security features, no option to secure your account with multi-factor authentication and no accessibility support.

Even BT are better than these guys!

Time With Provider: 3 Months
Posted: 18th Jun, 2024    By: Ecarr87
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Half Star
I have recently been switched over from Cuckoo, I was initially a bit worried as I had previously always been very happy with Cuckoo service.

However I didn't need to be worried, the service has been as good if not better. When I called in looking for a bit reassurance that nothing would change, I was reassured by the Billy that my pricing and speed would stay the same, which it has done.

I have seen no difference in my speed or connection too so I am now a very happy customer.

Time With Provider: 8 Weeks
Posted: 17th Jun, 2024    By: raspberry
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Empty Star
I've been using Home Telecom for a year, and overall, I'm quite satisfied. The internet connection is reliable, with consistent speeds and minimal downtime, which is great for work and entertainment. Customer service is helpful, I've used the live web chat and 24/7 support once.

The installation process was smooth, and the provided equipment works well without issues.

It's not the cheapest but with over 60 devices in a busy house it is very reliable.

Time With Provider: 1 Years
Package Name: 1gb
Full Star Full Star Full Star Half Star Empty Star
Full Star Full Star Half Star Empty Star Empty Star
Posted: 16th May, 2024    By: topcat
Title: Awful
I was forcibly switched over when Cuckoo decided to sell a portion of their customers mid contract with no warning. When I log in to their portal I can see almost no information about my account, I can't change or cancel. The website in general is very poor. I will be leaving as soon as possible.

Time With Provider: 3 Months
Posted: 11th Mar, 2024    By: Spingirl
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Half Star
The customer service team deserves a special mention. They are prompt, courteous, and genuinely eager to solve any issues. I had a minor billing query, and it was resolved quicker than I anticipated, with the representative going above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction.

Overall, I would highly recommend this broadband service to anyone looking for a reliable and high-quality internet connection. It’s a solid choice I work from home a lot in the evenings doing graphic design while my husbands gaming and it doesn’t struggle with my massive file downloads

Time With Provider: 8 Months
Package Name: 1gb full fibre
Full Star Full Star Full Star Half Star Empty Star
Posted: 09th Mar, 2024    By: Lisa
Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star Full Star
I’ve been with home telecom for 4 years now and have only just had to make use of their 24/7 support, thank you so much for fixing my issue while I was on the phone on a Friday night when my teenagers had a gaming party. Life savers! Great service. First time I’ve ever had to call them.

Time With Provider: 4 Years
Package Name: Super fast fibre
Posted: 28th Feb, 2024    By: Phillip26886713
Half Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star
They called up my sister after she moved into her new apartment, who knows how they got her number, and told her they could get her WIFI faster than anyone and that they would send her a contract to sign. She said okay ill take a look.

Contract went to spam and she never saw or signed anything, nor was she told anything about the contract.

Fast forward to 3 months later, she receives an email saying they have closed her account and she owes £1000.

She has been with BT for 2 months at that point and is very confused and scared as they threaten her with debt collectors if she doesnt pay immediately. She doesnt respond to the email and they begin to call her 3 times a day for a month. Eventually she reaches out to me as she is so distressed.

I file a complaint, which they dont take seriously and just say its too bad and keep harrasing her on the phone and email.

My guess is they prey on the vulnerable who cant defend themselves who often just accept their harrasment and get forced into paying something they dont owe. Which is despicable.

But fear not as I have lodged an official complaint and investigation into their practices and fully intend to take them to court to hold them accountable for their malicious practices.

Time With Provider: 1 Months
Posted: 24th Oct, 2023    By: belladalcol
Title: DO NOT USE
Do NOT trust the Trust Pilot reviews. They basically pressured me into using their service when I first moved into my apartment, and when my internet was not working to the specs promised (let alone at all really), and after numerous complaints, they said the only way for better internet was through an upgrade. I accepted, without knowing they added an extra 2 YEARS to my contract (and a more expensive contract!). They preyed on my desperation as I work from home and needed a quick fix. They know ALL the right words to confuse you and prey on naivety (I am a young first time renter in the UK). On top of all of that, due to medical reasons, I need to move back in with my parents and they still won't allow me out of my contract without paying the remainder of the contract (above £800). So now on top of having unusable internet that always cuts out and never works, shocking customer service, and having to move out of my apartment due to MEDICAL issues, I'm trapped with this terrible internet provider.

Time With Provider: 50 Weeks
Posted: 05th May, 2023    By: Kevin53
Full Star Half Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star
Home Telecom took over Bulldog and we found ourselves under new management. We had no problems with Bulldog, unlike many other Bulldog customers. Home Telecom kept a low profile until they decided to shift away from LLU service provision to reselling Openreach through an intermediary. The poo hit the impeller:- we only had a single pair from the street cabinet. Weeks of messing about. Home Choice totally ineffective. I used Senior Manager contacts in the supply chain to get the line swapped from LLU to Openreach. We ended up using a supplied poor quality French single band modem. Our house was already cabled in Cat 5E and the modem RJ45 worked fine thus we could carry on unruffled. This was all so long ago that wireless n was new! Time passed and wireless grew. Home Telecom were unable to provide a dual band Modem so I just plugged in a dual band WAP and carried on. Now I’m giving up and moving on, having discovered how much more I’m paying for being inattentive to cost!! I’ll update this saga when I’m gone - we shall see…………Incidentally; SamKnows white box user, records generally show a 35/5 speed @1200m from the cabinet.

Time With Provider: 20 Years
Package Name: 40/10
Posted: 11th Oct, 2022    By: not-happy
Half Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star Empty Star
Signed up with home telecom for 12 months, internet speed was rubbish, tried to leave but they demand £40 disconnection fee even after my contract has run out! really unhelpful on the phone. please avoid

Time With Provider: 1 Years
  2. BT (3567)
  3. Politics (2602)
  4. Openreach (2342)
  5. Business (2322)
  6. Building Digital UK (2277)
  7. FTTC (2061)
  8. Mobile Broadband (2039)
  9. Statistics (1830)
  10. 4G (1724)
  11. Virgin Media (1674)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1494)
  13. Fibre Optic (1426)
  14. Wireless Internet (1417)
  15. FTTH (1383)