Supanet

43%
32%
41%
38%
Summary: Shoddy
July 11th, 2014 (Last Edited: July 11th, 2014)
Supanet is a company that will never let you cancel without some sort of payment whether it be due to them or not.
They have hounded us for, what they term as, a late payment fee when all fees are up to date. They even tried to charge us for putting the router back I to stock when we paid for the router in the first place. BUT why is there a re-stocking charge OR is this just another way to get a parting payment from you ??
I would not touch this company with a barge pole and God help you if you get involved with them
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid with a bargepole!
April 25th, 2014 (Last Edited: April 25th, 2014)
I joined Supanet many years ago when they had just started out and signed up to an all-inclusive broadband contract for £7.99, this then increased to £9.99 as they added a AV charge (without my knowledge). Service was not great, the web service is probably par with 90’s browsers, which I put up with. Gradually the bill started to double and treble at times, I rang them to complain as I was on an unmetered tariff and got some money refunded to me. A few months ago I noticed that the charges had again started increasing, I spoke to their customer service team members on numerous occasions who said I had signed up to a new contract capping my usage to 15 Gigs. Why would I agree to such a deal in the first place? I explained that I had signed up to no such deal and asked the lying toe rags to prove it. They said they did not have any paperwork and there was a verbal contract in place and then had the nerve to offer me a contract at a much lower tariff for a 2 year period!. I said I was going to make a formal complaint in writing which I have done so. I will take this cowboys to court if I have to as their behaviour has been nothing short of shoddy. They have lied to me, as far as I am concerned, obtained money from me under false pretences and wasted my time! Avoid making the same mistake as I did by trusting them to take the correct money from my account!
Review Ratings
Summary: Supanet
April 8th, 2014 (Last Edited: April 8th, 2014)
Well , I too have had issues with supanet over the many years I've been with them, but I'll tell you this, every one was addressed personally , and just recently they have done me a great deal , another year of great service, they are in business to make money, so stop winging about prices , just speak to them as you would expect yourself to be treated, I'm a right funny git, and yet I have been treated well , I'm not a supanet employee , I'm just a joiner from stoke, so keep it up supanet, thanks again
Review Ratings
Summary: Supanet - dont block any websites!
February 26th, 2014 (Last Edited: February 26th, 2014)
At last a ISP that doesnt block any of my favourite websites!! been with sky then bt but they to blocked my u.s tv streaming sites and sites i use for downloading stuff and still increase my bills every month.

My tecchy mate told me to try a smaller broadband company as they dont have to block sites like piratebay, kickass and project free tv so jumped to supanet after seeing a review about this. So far so good, streaming with minimal buffering but at least i can get value for my bloody money! i have recommmed to my mates who are also suffering having broadband you cant do anything with, hope supernet can stay strong and recognise people only pay for broadband if they can use it the way they want to.
Review Ratings
Summary: Do not use
February 21st, 2014 (Last Edited: February 21st, 2014)
Joined Supanet in the early days of broadband as they were good value, after about 8 years I noticed the bill going up. It was only then I was told my usage was capped at 15G,not unlimited as I was led to believe. During a call to see what deals were available I discovered my contract had been renewed during a marketing call, they claimed confirmation had been sent by 1st class post; why would an ISP send confirmation by post when E-mail is available. Why would anyone renew a 30day rolling contract for a 12 month one with the same t’s and c’s? All other correspondence from Supanet had been by email. A copy of the new contract was eventually received by email.

A few months after the contract was renewed (and whilst still unaware of the fact) I had another marketing call saying my bb contract was due for renewal, when I questioned this I was told that they were trying to get everyone onto new contracts!!
When I called for my MAC code, and to give notice, I took the precaution of recording all calls. The person I gave my notice to seemed surprised, as he claimed the deal I was on was one of the best deals on the market!!. Had to chase up my mac code but did get it on the 6th day after requesting it. Moved to Plusnet fibre bb, service transfered in a matter of hours!! Then had a 3rd notice for overdue payment ( despite not being sent a 1st or 2nd demand) from Supanet after being told no further payment was due.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).