Supanet

43%
34%
41%
41%
Summary: Supanet Rip Off
April 3rd, 2015 (Last Edited: April 3rd, 2015)
After unexpectedly changing out mobile usage limit from the previous unlimited contract without notification when my wife called to ask for a new modem as the old modem was not working, we ended up incurring very expensive broadband charge three times the £7.50 contracted rate. Following protracted correspondence with their customer service department they agreed to tie me into a 18 month contract for £5.99 a month but started charging me £6.49 a month, I complained and they agreed t0 refund the overcharge but this never happened but to add insult to injury they increased their monthly charges to £7.99 a month. On enquiry they explained that their costs had gone up and I could do nothing as this was in the small print of their contract (on their website). If you are happy to go with a internet provider that consistently let their customers down, overcharge and try to con them at every turn, where you have to wait ages to speak to customer services team and after you have spoken to them wonder why you ever bothered, these cowboys are the ones to go for. Enjoy!
Review Ratings
Summary: Daylight Robbery!
February 3rd, 2015 (Last Edited: February 3rd, 2015)
I had what I thought was a 12month contract with this supplier, the monthly cost was £9.99 then without my knowledge they increased it to £12.99 + £2.79 for a anti virus that I had not asked for. I tried to cancel after the 12months but was told it was actually an 18month contract, therefore it would cost me over £130.00 to cancel, they took the cost of the anti virus off and I told them I would pay the monthly rate till I could cancel, they gave me the date of 3rd February to cancel!!!
Guess what happened when I phoned them on 2nd February. The contract was a 24month one and it would cost me £90.10 to cancel, I am 72yrs old and I'm afraid that I was so upset that I paid this ammount to be rid of them. Had I have left it till July to cancel would it have gone up to a 30month contract. To add insult to injury the service has not been used since the beginning of September 2014.
Please do not use this company, it could cost you a great deal of money. Take this advice from someone who has been there, I feel like I have been mugged and robbed.
Review Ratings
Summary: 38Mbps Fibre = 2Mbps
September 24th, 2014 (Last Edited: September 24th, 2014)
Having been with Supanet for several years I would now advise people to keep well away from this ISP. Over the last few years their broadband service for me has become next to useless.
Due to my existing 16Mbps broadband package becoming really slow (It was running at 10MBps but started running at less than 4Mbps) I switched to their 38Mbps Fibre Package which according to their sales advisors did not suffer from such slow speeds & ran on BT’s system. How wrong he was!
At 7am in the Morning I can get 37Mbps, by 1pm it’s down to 10Mbps, by 3pm its down to 6Mbps & after 5pm its below 3Mbps & is useless for Streaming Video/Fast downloads or even surfing the web smoothly. I expect some speed reduction around tea time onwards but not below 3Mbps on a Fibre Package. Some nights Speed Tests Done on the BT Wholesale Testing Web site have logged speeds of 0.99Mbps.
I originally complained to Supanet back in April and was told numerous story’s about how there system was being upgraded & each month was told a different date when the slow speeds would be fixed. Now 6 months on its still running slow and I don’t believe a fix by Supanet is even in progress.
I complained to the Ombudsman who investigated my complaint but it seems that as long as Supanet provide me with Broadband above dial up speed (Yes Dial up!) then there is nothing I can do to get out of my contract as it is advertised as an “Up to “ package & also because their terms and conditions state “there is no guarantee the system will be fault free”.
I’ve got 9 months left and can’t wait to switch ISP’s. Don’t be tempted by their low fees.
Review Ratings
Summary: Shoddy
July 11th, 2014 (Last Edited: July 11th, 2014)
Supanet is a company that will never let you cancel without some sort of payment whether it be due to them or not.
They have hounded us for, what they term as, a late payment fee when all fees are up to date. They even tried to charge us for putting the router back I to stock when we paid for the router in the first place. BUT why is there a re-stocking charge OR is this just another way to get a parting payment from you ??
I would not touch this company with a barge pole and God help you if you get involved with them
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid with a bargepole!
April 25th, 2014 (Last Edited: April 25th, 2014)
I joined Supanet many years ago when they had just started out and signed up to an all-inclusive broadband contract for £7.99, this then increased to £9.99 as they added a AV charge (without my knowledge). Service was not great, the web service is probably par with 90’s browsers, which I put up with. Gradually the bill started to double and treble at times, I rang them to complain as I was on an unmetered tariff and got some money refunded to me. A few months ago I noticed that the charges had again started increasing, I spoke to their customer service team members on numerous occasions who said I had signed up to a new contract capping my usage to 15 Gigs. Why would I agree to such a deal in the first place? I explained that I had signed up to no such deal and asked the lying toe rags to prove it. They said they did not have any paperwork and there was a verbal contract in place and then had the nerve to offer me a contract at a much lower tariff for a 2 year period!. I said I was going to make a formal complaint in writing which I have done so. I will take this cowboys to court if I have to as their behaviour has been nothing short of shoddy. They have lied to me, as far as I am concerned, obtained money from me under false pretences and wasted my time! Avoid making the same mistake as I did by trusting them to take the correct money from my account!