Supanet

41%
31%
39%
39%
Summary: 38Mbps Fibre = 2Mbps
September 24th, 2014 (Last Edited: September 24th, 2014)
Having been with Supanet for several years I would now advise people to keep well away from this ISP. Over the last few years their broadband service for me has become next to useless.
Due to my existing 16Mbps broadband package becoming really slow (It was running at 10MBps but started running at less than 4Mbps) I switched to their 38Mbps Fibre Package which according to their sales advisors did not suffer from such slow speeds & ran on BT’s system. How wrong he was!
At 7am in the Morning I can get 37Mbps, by 1pm it’s down to 10Mbps, by 3pm its down to 6Mbps & after 5pm its below 3Mbps & is useless for Streaming Video/Fast downloads or even surfing the web smoothly. I expect some speed reduction around tea time onwards but not below 3Mbps on a Fibre Package. Some nights Speed Tests Done on the BT Wholesale Testing Web site have logged speeds of 0.99Mbps.
I originally complained to Supanet back in April and was told numerous story’s about how there system was being upgraded & each month was told a different date when the slow speeds would be fixed. Now 6 months on its still running slow and I don’t believe a fix by Supanet is even in progress.
I complained to the Ombudsman who investigated my complaint but it seems that as long as Supanet provide me with Broadband above dial up speed (Yes Dial up!) then there is nothing I can do to get out of my contract as it is advertised as an “Up to “ package & also because their terms and conditions state “there is no guarantee the system will be fault free”.
I’ve got 9 months left and can’t wait to switch ISP’s. Don’t be tempted by their low fees.
Review Ratings
Summary: Shoddy
July 11th, 2014 (Last Edited: July 11th, 2014)
Supanet is a company that will never let you cancel without some sort of payment whether it be due to them or not.
They have hounded us for, what they term as, a late payment fee when all fees are up to date. They even tried to charge us for putting the router back I to stock when we paid for the router in the first place. BUT why is there a re-stocking charge OR is this just another way to get a parting payment from you ??
I would not touch this company with a barge pole and God help you if you get involved with them
Review Ratings
Summary: Avoid with a bargepole!
April 25th, 2014 (Last Edited: April 25th, 2014)
I joined Supanet many years ago when they had just started out and signed up to an all-inclusive broadband contract for £7.99, this then increased to £9.99 as they added a AV charge (without my knowledge). Service was not great, the web service is probably par with 90’s browsers, which I put up with. Gradually the bill started to double and treble at times, I rang them to complain as I was on an unmetered tariff and got some money refunded to me. A few months ago I noticed that the charges had again started increasing, I spoke to their customer service team members on numerous occasions who said I had signed up to a new contract capping my usage to 15 Gigs. Why would I agree to such a deal in the first place? I explained that I had signed up to no such deal and asked the lying toe rags to prove it. They said they did not have any paperwork and there was a verbal contract in place and then had the nerve to offer me a contract at a much lower tariff for a 2 year period!. I said I was going to make a formal complaint in writing which I have done so. I will take this cowboys to court if I have to as their behaviour has been nothing short of shoddy. They have lied to me, as far as I am concerned, obtained money from me under false pretences and wasted my time! Avoid making the same mistake as I did by trusting them to take the correct money from my account!
Review Ratings
Summary: Supanet
April 8th, 2014 (Last Edited: April 8th, 2014)
Well , I too have had issues with supanet over the many years I've been with them, but I'll tell you this, every one was addressed personally , and just recently they have done me a great deal , another year of great service, they are in business to make money, so stop winging about prices , just speak to them as you would expect yourself to be treated, I'm a right funny git, and yet I have been treated well , I'm not a supanet employee , I'm just a joiner from stoke, so keep it up supanet, thanks again
Review Ratings
Summary: Supanet - dont block any websites!
February 26th, 2014 (Last Edited: February 26th, 2014)
At last a ISP that doesnt block any of my favourite websites!! been with sky then bt but they to blocked my u.s tv streaming sites and sites i use for downloading stuff and still increase my bills every month.

My tecchy mate told me to try a smaller broadband company as they dont have to block sites like piratebay, kickass and project free tv so jumped to supanet after seeing a review about this. So far so good, streaming with minimal buffering but at least i can get value for my bloody money! i have recommmed to my mates who are also suffering having broadband you cant do anything with, hope supernet can stay strong and recognise people only pay for broadband if they can use it the way they want to.
Review Ratings

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved (Terms, Privacy Policy, Links (.), Live Chat & Website Rules).