Vivaciti

60%
58%
61%
56%
Summary: Capacity issues
November 16th, 2015 (Last Edited: November 16th, 2015)
Been with Vivaciti since 2011 and the customer service was quite responsive. Since upgrading to FTTC in March 2015 they have had capacity problems and I have had six outages lasting from a few hours to a couple of days every time Microsoft updates are released. The outages are not complete disconnections, but the speed drops to below 3mbit, and sometimes less than 1mbit from my normal connection speed of 55mbit. (>95% slower).

TAP3 tests confirm the issue is with Vivaciti and they have repeatedly told me they have increased capacity but the problem does not get solved. I asked them to terminate my contract early and they refused. I am now in the process of taking further action against them for breach of contract.
Review Ratings
Summary: downwards drift
November 11th, 2007 (Last Edited: September 27th, 2015)
Excellent service: if they\'re not on the line, they phone back quickly and they\'re helpful. Upgrading and downgrading is a matter of an email. Superb speeds. I think it\'s worth paying that little bit extra rather than regretting using one of the other services.
UPDATE, one year on:
I stand by my previous opinion. Also, as I am about to do a lot abroad, I am cancelling my broadband so I can comment on their closure facilities. They have been very flexible and helpful. Once again, excellent.
UPDATE
My previous reviews of Vivaciti were in 2007 and 2008, after which I moved away. On both occasions, as you can see above, I was congratulatory.

Being a loyal person when reasonably possible, on my return, I went back to Vivaciti over autumn 2014 to autumn 2015. Unfortunately, they have slipped.

There have been quite a few slowdowns. I have found hq rather loathe to do much; everything is an effort to them and their answer is to
ask the subscriber to carry out a whole range of tests, none of which are collated or used to the best of my knowledge. When I gave notice, they asked me why and I explained it. Then, later, when I made sure that notice was given, the same person asked me again. The final, rather odd, thing was that they billed me extra (admittedly it was a small sum which they wouldn't follow up because it wasn't worth it), because I transferred a day before my contract was due to expire. Yes, a charge for using their services - services I had paid for in advance - a bit less! So presumably, had I moved rather earlier to another service, they would have surcharged me handsomely!
I tried to find out the logic behind it, but did not receive a logical answer, not that a logical answer was likely (charging extra for using a service less - sounds right doesn't it).

Sorry, but Vivaciti is now a service rendered begrudgingly. Their original selling point was 'you get what you pay for'. Sorry, but there are other 'premium' services that cost less
but would appear to be better. I'm now trying Uno and will review after a while.

Review Ratings
Summary: Vivaciti ,my experience
September 14th, 2013 (Last Edited: January 26th, 2015)
I joined Vivaciti several months ago on the 02 wholesale annex m package, from Be retail,
My base latency saw an overall increase, Due to the way things got routed onto Entanet's network,
My connection became very unstable over the short time that i was with vivaciti, and entanet support where IMO useless
The one improvement was no buffering with bbc i player, but that didn't justify the premium in price for me, so i moved on

As Vivaciti have responded re my review, without wishing into getting into an argument, I would like to say that i have all the e-mail's from vivacti, and there is only one reply opening of the ticket, this issue was never resolved hence why i migrated away
Review Ratings
Summary: vivaciti isn't worth the hassle
June 30th, 2014 (Last Edited: July 3rd, 2014)
the face of it it looked a good static ip deal,until the repeated unusable connection or ghosting on network meaning you couldn't log in.

Over a week of no internet access and no compensation as you pay asdl not service.

The final straw they give me notice of change to another provider and login details, only to tell me that the service isn't available and I can either choose another product or migrate.

So this evening without warning my website goes down, I've been given a mac code and am in process of moving to zen active as I wait to see if my dad will regain consciousness in intensive care.

So my advice is avoid vivaciti like the plague, they are neither cheap reliable or customer focused.

Further to this Glenn Cash their customer services manager initiated email contact, he has absolutely no compassion and after stating that they needed to know when I was migrating
"Please stop billing on my account and further to this I have put what I believe to be an honest review

On 27 Jun 2014 16:16, wrote:
> When do I have to jump ship as Zen 200gb limit fits my purpose- but I want to get what I have paid for before leaving. When do I need to decide date wise please?"

*******@vivaciti.com
"If you want to throw your toys out of the pram then you are barking up the wrong tree, I just work here, and I sleep well at night with the knowledge that I do all I can to help people.
I would thank you to not send anything further to my email address."

So he initiated the emails asking for conformation when I intended to leave.

If you want spitefulness, poor reliablity and zero compensation when you internet stops for a week and as server running on it so does your website- join VIVACITI.

For a minor amount more I get double the bandwidth with ZEN.

If I don't get an apology from Vivaciti for their customer service managers egotistical behaviour- the emails and recorded telephone call will find it's way on youtube

Review Ratings
Summary: Poor support, High Prices
March 11th, 2014 (Last Edited: March 25th, 2014)
While not the most expensive of ISPs, they are not cheap, and support is useless.

Moved to ADSL max, and had nothing but problems. Instead of helping, they have not endless questions but never raised it to their provider (seemingly talk talk for the LLU) and didn't give me the MAC code when first asked.

I'm still waiting, although it hasn't yet been 5 working days yet. Funnily enough, my connection has gotten vastly worse since asking for the MAC code.

Avoid.

ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by Vivaciti Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

A number of changes were made to try to resolve your issue with the carriers and ourselves, and the last reply to us was that your service had stabilised. Before closing the fault down we asked if the service was still stable and had no reply, so closed the ticket down. As we had no reply it is not possible for us to know a fault has reoccurred without it being raised to us.