Reviews » Broadband Fixed Line »

United Kingdom
Review
Reads
Useful

Click “Yes, update me” to receive emails from Trustpilot about your reviews, inspiration, tips about businesses and products, information about Trustpilot, and new features. You can opt out at any time.
Review of BT
1 review
1 star: Bad
Just now
Avoid avoid avoid
BT sold me BT TV which was cheaper than the app. Did not inform me of a discount period, then increased the price without my knowledge or consent. Contacted bt who said they emailed me (Was sitting in spam) said I was in contract and nothing could be done.

HOW DOES BAD TELECOM EXPECT TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER WHEN THEY HAVE LITERALLY ROBBED ME.

Honestly stay away. AVOID THE VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EXPENSIVE PRICE STRUCTURES.

Not a wonder their customer churn rate is so high.

Time With Provider: 6 Months
Package Name: Shyster churn rate high
Posted: 30th May, 2019    By: anglia
Title: Appalling
In the past month, I have spoken to BT (presumably India) once using Live Chat and the other on the phone,
I asked them the date my contract ended and what financial penalties I would receive if I left early.
In the case of Live Chat, I was told I was taking up too much of their time and they pulled the plug on me
Same again on the phone, soon as I said I wanted to leave they lost interest in the conversation and hung up.
Shocking attitude.

Time With Provider: 8 Years
Package Name: Basic
Posted: 29th May, 2019    By: bennedup0
Persistently hung-up on, argued with, promised call-backs... Utterly horrible company to deal with.
Off-shore call centers do not care at all.

Speed was decent generally, but if you need to contact customer service, it's just easier to leave.

Time With Provider: 2 Years
Posted: 26th Jan, 2019    By: Barzey
I installed the Complete Wi-Fi System with their latest Smart Hub 2 with Disk 4 days ago now having been with them for 7 years and found it to usually be reliable using their Hubs 3, 5 and 6 over that period. I am on 'Infinity 2' and usually get 70/72 meg speeds. BT contacted me last week and stated that if I went over to this Complete Wi-Fi system then it will instantly push my speeds up to 80 meg and the deal would be around £3 LESS per month everything else exactly the same.
I was always able to get Wi-Fi in every room as we are in a Bungalow so their claim that "You will get Wi-Fi in EVERY room" is immaterial to me, but in all fairness to them yes you can but it seems that it must come as a cost of the Download speed.
All I can recommend to everyone is do NOT bother with it. In fact avoid it like the plague as my speeds have now crashed to 56/64 max. BT whom always used to make sure I had the 70/72 if there were problems in the past now say that as I am getting over 54meg then there is nothing they will do!!
This leaves me with no alternative than to consider Virgin which is now in the area. So I must reluctantly leave BT however requested that I give it 10 days to see if there is a chance at least get back to the 70/72 speed but hopefully 80 as promised to me on point of sale; or very reluctantly it will have to be goodbye B.T.

Time With Provider: 7 Years
Package Name: Complete Wi-Fi
Posted: 30th Dec, 2018    By: wantedbanter
Been with them for more than 3 years now and have never reached the guaranteed download speed over wifi. Even with an ethernet cable running straight out of the BT SmartHub I still only get about 42mbps when I was guaranteed 67mbps.

I am paying a terrible price for terrible speeds through a terrrible company.

Time With Provider: 3 Years
Posted: 25th Dec, 2018    By: turbulance
After 2 years of using BT, I have had no issue with the connection it's self, until I came to cancel, where BT lied saying they had canceled my services and payments but continued to take money, it took another 4 phone calls to stop them taking money and they agreed to repay the money owed.

However they then backed out of that saying that my service was still active and I should of contacted them soon, even though I had canceled. Would highly recommend avoiding as they are not below lieing to your face and changing their mind, backing out of agreements that needed to be made because they decided to lie in the first place.

Time With Provider: 2 Years
Posted: 08th Aug, 2018    By: lukewd
I have FTTP from BT. As much as BT's customer service is poor, their product pricing is actually pretty reasonable.

Posted: 14th May, 2018    By: IcedKiwi
Been with BT FTTC for the past ~5 years. Don't have a reason to complain about the actual service provided. Always had the full 80/20 - but the cabinet is right outside my house so I'd hope that would be the case.
Had issues with the HomeHub wifi performance but since moving to a 3rd party router it's been great.
Just finishing a fixed 2 year contract (through retentions) and now moving to Pulse8.
Main issue was with the new price, customer service and dubious practises with "extras" they provided for free for 12 months then start charging you for (I don't regularly check my bills).
Hopefully moving to Pulse8 who have simple contract, no initial term special prices, no unwanted extras that I'm paying for (cloud storage, bundled router etc.) and hopefully better CS.

Posted: 09th Mar, 2018    By: michaelvladeanu
Title: BT
have BT infinity 2 and im disappointed speeds differ everyday and latency and jitter are too high for gaming customer service is also woeful

Posted: 06th Mar, 2018    By: Alex_UK
I used to have FTTP on my previous property, then moved into an area with FTTC, to avoid the cancellation penalties I got a new contract for FTTC at the new location which has been a nightmare for the last 8 months since I moved in.

The line keeps dropping sync, but BT insists everything is fine. We got new router sent over, Openreach visited the premises and many phone calls having to nearly shout at people to understand the problem is still present.

Anyway, we are in a contract, we can;t move away and BT doesn't let us go to another provider even though they provide a crap service.

BT customer service in india is horrible, you can barely make up what they say and they don't give a damn. Their way of retaining customer is via a contract and pretending your line works when it actually doesn't

Avoid at any cost!

Package Name:
The page is temporarily unavailable
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
489496111a772e8d6afab5b7bb48cb2d e3263ede66bad02dfc7131fe62ac4432 205906c0187500ce03833faaee32b74a
BT - Broadband Fixed Line Rated 2.0034965034965033 / 5 based on 143 reviews. 0. | Review Me
Sponsored