Reviews » Broadband Fixed Line »

Sponsored
☰ Login   /   Signup ⚲ Search
113 Reviews
Posted: 17th Apr, 2021    By: elsecloaked
In a sea of good reviews, for me personally, a single bad review usually makes me think that there's something wrong with the individual, or they had unrealistic expectations of the service.

This was the case for me an IDNet, like most consumers who like to inform themselves before making a commitment like changing ISP, I looked into IDNet and concluded although there are a few outliers with a bad experience, the general feedback is that they're fantastic and offer some of the best support in their price bracket.

My experience was a stark contrast to this expectation.

In the face of evidence being presented to IDNet regarding a physical connection problem on my new line, new as in physically new line installed next to an existing one, IDNet refused to take ownership to readily send out an Openreach engineer, I ended up getting out my original ISP to sort it out. Openreach agreed the fault was caused by the new line install. I cancelled IDNet within a week, their support is terrible and will blame anything possible to getting out of an Openreach visit. Unless you ask for it and will happily allow you to pay for potential charges - To add context, it got as bad as my speed dropping below the minimum guaranteed speed of 33mbit down to 27mbit and IDNet still persisted there was no fault on the line.

I at least got my money back for the first month.

Time With Provider: 1 Weeks
Package Name: FTTC VDSL2 - SoGEA, no VOIP
Posted: 01st Mar, 2021    By: AndySmithers
I left IdNet 3 years ago due to availability of Vodafone/CityFibre FTTP.
When I moved house to an area with only FTTC, I didn't hesitate for a second in selecting IDnet.
No pushy sales tactics, no insistence on using their locked equipment, no ETF, just a product that works exactly as specified and customer service that is available, informative and treats you like an intelligent human being.
Add that to native IPV6 and a fixed IP as standard - seriously, why would you choose anyone else?

Time With Provider: 4 Weeks
Package Name: SOGEA 80/20
Posted: 25th Feb, 2021    By: KevinL
I agonised over which of the Top 10 ISP's on this website to move to from Vodafone to increase speed and stability for working from home. I read all the reviews and compared the products/services for ages, agonising over making the wrong decision. Ultimately selected IDNET. Very pleased with my decision. Purchased own router/modem that Brian there kindly explained how to set up before 'go live' date. Woke at 6am and plugged it in, and everything just worked immediately. Speeds have increased from 36/8 to 54/10. Stability is fabulous.
Yes, they cost more than the mainstream providers (I've increased my costs by £15 per month), but I want confidence that when I'm working I can make virtual calls whilst others in the house are home schooling on their virtual calls too.
Overall, easy on boarding process and swift response to email queries asking for technical set up help.
Well done IDNET!

Time With Provider: 1 Weeks
Posted: 20th Feb, 2021    By: steve
I've never noticed slow speeds, and speedtests always show almost exactly my sync speeds. On the few times I've contacted support by email I get almost instant replies with good answers. I've had one short outage in 4 years, which was Openreach's fault (obviously!) and got resolved within an hour or so.
I like that they don't give you a router and let you use your own equipment, I like the static IP for home use, and I like the payment for a year upfront to save a bit. The customer portal is easy to use (not that I have much need for it, as it's an unlimited connection).
I've used them for a few years, first on 80/20 fttc and now on 160/30 g.fast. Maybe they're not as cheap as plusnet, but you get what you pay for.

Time With Provider: 4 Years
Package Name: G.fast 160/30
Posted: 19th Feb, 2021    By: Hawk
I have been with IDNet since May 2011 when they supplied me with Residential ADSL Broadband. My telephone service was provided by another company. On the rare occasions that I have phoned them a friendly member of their team answers after a short time. They are always helpful and with their knowledge the problem is resolved in a short time.
In recent years I was able to upgrade to FTTC and chose a 40/10 yearly contract. My download speed, when I check, is usually about 35 to 38 mbps and more recently I chose IDNet to supply my landline telephone service which was transferred without any problems using the same number.
Their contact number is a Freephone number if ever you need to contact them by phone.
I highly recommend IDNet. This is how all companies should operate.

Michael Hubbard

Time With Provider: 10 Years
Package Name: 40/10
Posted: 19th Feb, 2021    By: nicopolous
Been with IDNet for a few years now. Basically perfect. Never had problems or anything except full speed at all times of day. Only issues have been BT related and when I've called I've got STRAIGHT through to someone with no wait. Knowledgeable and helpful support. I'm staying.

Time With Provider: 3 Years
Posted: 18th Feb, 2021    By: MJM
I've been using iDNET for business broadband, telephone and web hosting since around 2003. They are reliable and have excellent technical support. I am very pleased with the overall services provided by iDNET

Time With Provider: 18 Years
Package Name: Business Broadband
Posted: 18th Feb, 2021    By: Happy Customer
I've been with IDNET as a purely broadband customer for some years now and have had literally faultless service. I switched when my previous ISP went bust. The only time I needed to call I received an immediate response and patient helpful advice with the IDNET expert staying on the line until my problem was resolved.
I had retained BT as my calls and landline provider until they dramatically increased my line rental because I wasn't using their broadband. As of today I use IDNET for calls, landline and broadband. The switch has been pretty seamless; I needed to re-boot my modem that's all. I'm saving money and I am with an ISP I trust.

Time With Provider: 5 Years
Posted: 17th Feb, 2021    By: Chris147
I was invited to review Idnet a few months after leaving them for no other reason that I was going to be provided my broadband through my work's provider. That has ended a relationship that lasted over 10 years. I have nothing but praise for them and felt that was the least I could do after brilliant service over that period. When you call them there is always a quick response and the person that answers can usually actually help rather than just pass you from pillar to post. I would have no hesitation in returning to them if my current arrangement were to end for any reason. Not the cheapest as others have said but the service more than compensates.

Time With Provider: 11 Years
Posted: 17th Feb, 2021    By: midgard
Excellent service from IDNet. Best available option (FTTC 55/10) for my remote area suggested and provided quickly. Wide range of comprehensive packages on offer. Landline connection problem due to recent freezing conditions resolved by Openreach within 2 days. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Time With Provider: 3 Years