Aquiss

84%
86%
84%
80%
Summary: Awful
July 13th, 2017 (Last Edited: July 13th, 2017)
I cannot believe that number 7 in the top 10 ISP list is this bad.

I'm a web designer / I.T. technician and work from home.

I have 78mbps fibre on a new phone line, and 3 other lines (and ISPs) at home to compare against.

I have had lots of problems. The most recent, gmail and hotmail do not work. WTF?? Service status "We are investigating email issues" for 2 days! Email issues? All I want is to access a flippin website.

I urgently need email for work! Thanks god for the other lines I have, but it's hassle swapping LAN cables over just to get on gmail and hotmail...!

Previous problems include - speeds as low as 7mbps at peak time - Friday evening for instance was almost unbearable. 7mbps on a line which can handle 78mbps? What?

Also a couple of disconnects on occasion.

I'm off to check my contract with them and see about cancelling.

Maybe once they were one of the top 3 ISPs in the UK but now they certainly are not. Heck I've had less problems using the cheaper, major providers.

Just for saving a few £ on activation fee I went with these guys, I regret it.

Go to their account control panel and click "Open Support Ticket" and you get "No departments available to fill in a support ticket" seems very unprofessional. Not sure if they were always like this?

ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by Aquiss Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

Dear welshdemon,

I'm sorry to read that your experience is not as you had hoped. If you can provide any ticket references where you have reported this to us, I would be more than happy to personally check your specific account personally.

I can confirm, at the time of writing, we are dealing with an highly unusual situation with email protocols not working for some customers. This is off our network, within the core network of one of our upstream providers. We expect a resolution shortly.

Our support desk and support pages are where they have always been, located at http://support.aquiss.net/ and working just fine. Likewise, our telephone support is available 9.00am until 5.00pm

Kind Regards

Martin Pitt
Managing Director
Aquiss Limited
Review Ratings
Summary: Happily surfing
June 3rd, 2008 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2017)
I have now been with Aquiss since 2008, during this time I have not had any major issues at all. I have regraded my packages as better speeds became available I now have FTTC 80/20.

I do not find any slowing down in the evenings like I had with VM. I did have a gradual sync drop over a year but found updating the firmware to the Draytek BT accepted version increased my sync back upto 72Mbps an increase of albout 15Mbps.

I have spoken to support a few times mainly for upgrading packages with the odd BT outage. I find that they do keep you informed via Twitter and now facebook.

I do not see any reason to go looking for new supplier since very happy with the one I have. I could change package again starting a new 12 month contract but that would just be to reduce my monthly payments. I do not see the need to since I moved to FTTC I paid the same each month throughout my contract 12 months, the good news is over 12 months later still paying the same amount no increase at the end of the contract.
Review Ratings
Summary: Good Service
November 12th, 2016 (Last Edited: November 12th, 2016)
So far impressed with Aquiss overall service. Moved from EE to Aquiss & unfortunately EE did not transfer my line & broadband correctly in which services were ceased. This meant Aquiss could not provide me with services on the transfer day. However they called myself to let me know of the situation & did everything they could to get my services up & running asap. I dealt with Martin who was very efficient in dealing with the issues regarding the transfer & kept myself fully up to date. Phone & fibre services running fine, will leave as another review regarding speed.
I would highly recommend anyone moving from EE to a provider like Aquiss who offer separate phone & broadband to make sure EE aware line & broadband are being transferred.
Review Ratings
Summary: Awful Performance
September 20th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 21st, 2016)
I've been with Aquiss for about 6 months now and over that period of time performance has gotten progressively worse.

I'm on their FTTC package and speeds regularly dip to about a quarter of the normal speed, although today things are even worse and I'm getting speeds that are slow even by ADSL standards.

I've had to constantly chase up their support, run tests only to be told that it's a network wide problem that they're aware of and I'm going to have to wait another week when "planned work" will be performed which they say will resolve the problem.

All this and I'm paying over £50 for the privilege.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Start
July 25th, 2016 (Last Edited: July 25th, 2016)
I've been with Demon since dial-up was the only way to have internet access. I've watched them grow from a relatively small ISP dedicated to customer support with quality technicians to the now seemingly standard corporate IT with customer and technical support read from a script.

I decided on a change and used ISPreview to help me select a new supplier. I made contact with a few from the "costs more but better quality" group. Aquiss stood out in both the quality and the rapidness of response to queries. We had an open and honest chat about the distance I am from the exchange and the fact that my speed wouldn't change etc.

I signed up and was able to rediect various email domains thru Aquiss servers even before the broadband was enabled, the switch was simple, painless and on the day they promised.

Amazingly for me, both my upload and download speeds increased by a few k (I'm miles from the exchange so a few k is a big percentage increase) - and that was due to the fact that the line is truly unlimited (Demon told me the same thing, but were clearly mis-informed).

So far, everything is working exactly as I hoped and expected. I would recommend Aquiss everytime.