Aquiss

85%
86%
85%
80%
Summary: Happily surfing
June 3rd, 2008 (Last Edited: April 28th, 2017)
I have now been with Aquiss since 2008, during this time I have not had any major issues at all. I have regraded my packages as better speeds became available I now have FTTC 80/20.

I do not find any slowing down in the evenings like I had with VM. I did have a gradual sync drop over a year but found updating the firmware to the Draytek BT accepted version increased my sync back upto 72Mbps an increase of albout 15Mbps.

I have spoken to support a few times mainly for upgrading packages with the odd BT outage. I find that they do keep you informed via Twitter and now facebook.

I do not see any reason to go looking for new supplier since very happy with the one I have. I could change package again starting a new 12 month contract but that would just be to reduce my monthly payments. I do not see the need to since I moved to FTTC I paid the same each month throughout my contract 12 months, the good news is over 12 months later still paying the same amount no increase at the end of the contract.
Review Ratings
Summary: Good Service
November 12th, 2016 (Last Edited: November 12th, 2016)
So far impressed with Aquiss overall service. Moved from EE to Aquiss & unfortunately EE did not transfer my line & broadband correctly in which services were ceased. This meant Aquiss could not provide me with services on the transfer day. However they called myself to let me know of the situation & did everything they could to get my services up & running asap. I dealt with Martin who was very efficient in dealing with the issues regarding the transfer & kept myself fully up to date. Phone & fibre services running fine, will leave as another review regarding speed.
I would highly recommend anyone moving from EE to a provider like Aquiss who offer separate phone & broadband to make sure EE aware line & broadband are being transferred.
Review Ratings
Summary: Awful Performance
September 20th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 21st, 2016)
I've been with Aquiss for about 6 months now and over that period of time performance has gotten progressively worse.

I'm on their FTTC package and speeds regularly dip to about a quarter of the normal speed, although today things are even worse and I'm getting speeds that are slow even by ADSL standards.

I've had to constantly chase up their support, run tests only to be told that it's a network wide problem that they're aware of and I'm going to have to wait another week when "planned work" will be performed which they say will resolve the problem.

All this and I'm paying over £50 for the privilege.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Start
July 25th, 2016 (Last Edited: July 25th, 2016)
I've been with Demon since dial-up was the only way to have internet access. I've watched them grow from a relatively small ISP dedicated to customer support with quality technicians to the now seemingly standard corporate IT with customer and technical support read from a script.

I decided on a change and used ISPreview to help me select a new supplier. I made contact with a few from the "costs more but better quality" group. Aquiss stood out in both the quality and the rapidness of response to queries. We had an open and honest chat about the distance I am from the exchange and the fact that my speed wouldn't change etc.

I signed up and was able to rediect various email domains thru Aquiss servers even before the broadband was enabled, the switch was simple, painless and on the day they promised.

Amazingly for me, both my upload and download speeds increased by a few k (I'm miles from the exchange so a few k is a big percentage increase) - and that was due to the fact that the line is truly unlimited (Demon told me the same thing, but were clearly mis-informed).

So far, everything is working exactly as I hoped and expected. I would recommend Aquiss everytime.
Review Ratings
Summary: 18 months in
July 13th, 2016 (Last Edited: July 13th, 2016)
About 18 months ago I found myself here on ISP review looking to change providers.

At the time I was with Xilo on a standard broadband package but I was aware that the new cabinet for fiber to cab was up at the end of my street and good to go.

(I myself put the electricity supply into it 2 days prior)

Xilo had quoted me a new connection fee of over £70 (which I believe is passed down to them by BT who make the change over) as well as a months standard broadband fee and Fiber fee - the total was around £150 including VAT.

As Xilo refused to budge I came here to see who was at the top of the list.

I read a couple of reviews and made a call to Aquiss.
After a couple of simple questions they quoted me nothing but the monthly fee for the FTC broadband it's self as they would swallow the charge passed onto them by BT.

Deal I was in!
That afternoon I got a phone call from Martin who asked me a few questions about how I planned to use the service (for me it's gaming, and streaming both up and down.)

Within a week my new connection was in! I'd went from 6 down and 0.25 up to 72 down and 20 up!
It settled and dropped off a bit as more people got connected to the new cabinet at around 55/15.

Iv'e been problem free up until a few weeks ago, My other half had first noticed issues streaming from SKY, I was having 1 or two internet drops a night.

So over the last 24 hours I done some speed tests I was getting on average 5 down and 6 up.

I sent a low priority ticket this morning to Aquiss, to which Martin responded within the hour, After some back and forth we realized the issue lies on BT's side and has now been flagged with them to be fixed.

long story short.
Moved from Xilo, not had an issue with any of Aquiss service and can commend there customer support.