Aquiss

85%
86%
85%
80%
Summary: Good Service
November 12th, 2016 (Last Edited: November 12th, 2016)
So far impressed with Aquiss overall service. Moved from EE to Aquiss & unfortunately EE did not transfer my line & broadband correctly in which services were ceased. This meant Aquiss could not provide me with services on the transfer day. However they called myself to let me know of the situation & did everything they could to get my services up & running asap. I dealt with Martin who was very efficient in dealing with the issues regarding the transfer & kept myself fully up to date. Phone & fibre services running fine, will leave as another review regarding speed.
I would highly recommend anyone moving from EE to a provider like Aquiss who offer separate phone & broadband to make sure EE aware line & broadband are being transferred.
Review Ratings
Summary: Awful Performance
September 20th, 2016 (Last Edited: September 21st, 2016)
I've been with Aquiss for about 6 months now and over that period of time performance has gotten progressively worse.

I'm on their FTTC package and speeds regularly dip to about a quarter of the normal speed, although today things are even worse and I'm getting speeds that are slow even by ADSL standards.

I've had to constantly chase up their support, run tests only to be told that it's a network wide problem that they're aware of and I'm going to have to wait another week when "planned work" will be performed which they say will resolve the problem.

All this and I'm paying over £50 for the privilege.
Review Ratings
Summary: Great Start
July 25th, 2016 (Last Edited: July 25th, 2016)
I've been with Demon since dial-up was the only way to have internet access. I've watched them grow from a relatively small ISP dedicated to customer support with quality technicians to the now seemingly standard corporate IT with customer and technical support read from a script.

I decided on a change and used ISPreview to help me select a new supplier. I made contact with a few from the "costs more but better quality" group. Aquiss stood out in both the quality and the rapidness of response to queries. We had an open and honest chat about the distance I am from the exchange and the fact that my speed wouldn't change etc.

I signed up and was able to rediect various email domains thru Aquiss servers even before the broadband was enabled, the switch was simple, painless and on the day they promised.

Amazingly for me, both my upload and download speeds increased by a few k (I'm miles from the exchange so a few k is a big percentage increase) - and that was due to the fact that the line is truly unlimited (Demon told me the same thing, but were clearly mis-informed).

So far, everything is working exactly as I hoped and expected. I would recommend Aquiss everytime.
Review Ratings
Summary: 18 months in
July 13th, 2016 (Last Edited: July 13th, 2016)
About 18 months ago I found myself here on ISP review looking to change providers.

At the time I was with Xilo on a standard broadband package but I was aware that the new cabinet for fiber to cab was up at the end of my street and good to go.

(I myself put the electricity supply into it 2 days prior)

Xilo had quoted me a new connection fee of over £70 (which I believe is passed down to them by BT who make the change over) as well as a months standard broadband fee and Fiber fee - the total was around £150 including VAT.

As Xilo refused to budge I came here to see who was at the top of the list.

I read a couple of reviews and made a call to Aquiss.
After a couple of simple questions they quoted me nothing but the monthly fee for the FTC broadband it's self as they would swallow the charge passed onto them by BT.

Deal I was in!
That afternoon I got a phone call from Martin who asked me a few questions about how I planned to use the service (for me it's gaming, and streaming both up and down.)

Within a week my new connection was in! I'd went from 6 down and 0.25 up to 72 down and 20 up!
It settled and dropped off a bit as more people got connected to the new cabinet at around 55/15.

Iv'e been problem free up until a few weeks ago, My other half had first noticed issues streaming from SKY, I was having 1 or two internet drops a night.

So over the last 24 hours I done some speed tests I was getting on average 5 down and 6 up.

I sent a low priority ticket this morning to Aquiss, to which Martin responded within the hour, After some back and forth we realized the issue lies on BT's side and has now been flagged with them to be fixed.

long story short.
Moved from Xilo, not had an issue with any of Aquiss service and can commend there customer support.

Review Ratings
Summary: Great so far
June 16th, 2015 (Last Edited: May 6th, 2016)
After waiting 17 months (I know others have been waiting longer!) for our cabinet to be upgraded I couldn't wait to order a VDSL service and lose the 2.7mb connection. After doing some research I decided to leave my previous provider, who despite providing an excellent service were unable to offer an unmetered package at the time, and decided on Aquiss.
From the moment I ordered online I knew I had made a good choice, I was contacted by phone around 5 minutes after I placed the order and the whole process was explained in a friendly and knowledgable manner. The date was set, the engineer (Openreach subcontractor) arrived within the timeslot and I went ahead and configured my own router - nothing. A quick email fired off to support got a reply in minutes, although I had already figured out my mistake and the connection was live. 79.9 down, 19.9 up. Streaming is perfect, downloads are fast, everything works. Having had 120mb from Virgin at a previous address I appreciate that bandwidth is not everything, as that service suffered from poor streaming despite having a "fatter pipe" - so I'm happy that Aquiss seem to be much better at managing their network traffic.
TLDR version - not exactly cheap but blows anything you can get from the "big boys" out of the water.

Update 31/03/2016 - Having now had cause to leave Aquiss (my new employer is providing me with a service) The hefty charge to leave (£74!!) is a little ridiculous. A shame that this now leaves a sour taste after an otherwise great service.

ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by Aquiss Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

Dear Akita47,

I'm sorry to read that after you have openly stated enjoying our services, your update in March 2016 finds fault in our operations.

Without knowing your details in full, a final charge of £74.00 sounds like a final contract settlement fee, adjusted to reflect service charges to the end of a minimum contract term. We have openly stated for a number of years, directly on our pre-sales pages, the exact charges that maybe applicable in certain situations if ending a service with Aquiss, however, if you feel charges have been applied incorrectly, please do contact us and ask for myself. I will only be too happy to review the situation.

Kind Regards