uno

94%
93%
92%
90%
Summary: Nightmare isp
April 26th, 2017 (Last Edited: April 26th, 2017)

Moved to uno from demon
First problem was the line dropped a lot and when my billion router tried to reinstate the pppoa session uno would reject it for being too quick. Had to buy a new router and still problems had to put router into bridge mode and install edge router to do the pppoa session then I noticed that the way they handle public ip addresses is odd in essence your outgoing ip address is your pppoa address not your public address and this can cause issues if you provide remote support to business users.

Finally they cut me off because someone told them I was attacking other sites they ignored my emails and could not verify these accusations and the company that reported me wanted me to pay them money to get a copy of the alleged report I googled this company and they have an appalling reputation and yet uno believed them rather than me and I had virus checked everything twice and my firewall logs showed no outgoing attacks I am now seeking compensation from them and looking to move isp

ISPreview Approved 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by Uno Follows (DO NOT REMOVE)

Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3

We had received reports from various sources indicating that the customers connection was sending malicious traffic to other hosts on the internet.

One report was from BitNinja which hosts and other server operators run and automatically feed their raw logs. When BitNinja process all these logs, they find common patterns and source hosts for malicious traffic.

This customers IP was first seen back in February 2017 but as the activity increased overtime, we started receiving logs of reports. Not just aggregated ones from BitNinja but from independent people also.

Contacting the customer we advised we would need to hear from them within 24 hours which we did not then a further notice a day later saying the reports had continued and as we had no response, suspended after 36 hours.

It is the last resort we take but until this morning we had no contact only after the service was suspended. We will work with the customer now they are in touch to resolve.
Review Ratings
Summary: Good ADSL service
February 17th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 17th, 2017)
Migrated to Uno Talk Surf from Phone Co-op ADSL in June 2016. No real problem with Phone Co-op but free migration to Uno as I was on Talktalk line, slightly cheaper service and much cheaper phone calls with no connection charges. My local cabinet was due to be updated in a few month's time, so changed to Uno to hopefully upgrade to their 'coming soon' Talk Surf Fibre.

Slight problem with 1471 service not available after transfer, but this was sorted quickly and efficiently. Support from Uno and its website is excellent with rapid responses even late at night. Generally very pleased with Uno.

My local cabinet was upgraded to FTTC at the end of September, however Uno still unable to give start date for their Talk Surf Fibre service. After waiting a couple of years for fibre to be available I decided to migrate to Cloudscape in October 2016.

In the end I was a bit disappointed with Uno for advertising a service that's 'coming soon' throughout 2016, that is still not available now (Feb 17). Also surprised by cancellation fees from Uno, not clearly set out on their website and the amount charged was more than expected for a 30 day contract.

Another slight annoyance is that Uno websites lists all prices without VAT included, this is not clearly apparent when you first visit the website, just something to be aware of when comparing prices.

Had their Talk Surf Fibre service been available (at a reasonable price) I'm sure I would still be with Uno now.
Review Ratings
Summary: Very good ISP
January 21st, 2017 (Last Edited: January 24th, 2017)
I live 8 miles from central London but our cabinet is not upgraded to FTTC (ongoing nightmare, so I started a website wellingfibre.co.uk). I was with BT on ADSL with the blistering speed of 3-4 Mbps down and 0.3 up.

BT used to give me discount because I complained that Openreach/BT are not upgrading the cabinet. Over the years the prices went up and they also stopped giving me discount. I ended paying £38.99 per month for 3Mbps, thats's too much, so I looked around.
I have been with AAISP before but the costs are too much for the speed I will get. The next was Uno, I looked what I would get for the price.

ADSL and telephone line
Static IP
Unlimited data
UK based support
1 month contract

£24 inc vat, per month.

I took the plunge, after moving I asked Uno to change the IP Profile, I now have 4Mbps download and 0.7 up. Much better speeds than BT.

That's £14.99 cheaper! (Maybe more as BT just raised their prices).

Really happy so far, the only small thing would be the guy on the support desk sounds really unhappy. He's helpful, but sounds like he needs to cheer up a bit, but at least I can understand him, unlike BT!

I would recommend Uno !
Review Ratings
Summary: Brilliant ISP
January 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: January 16th, 2017)
Having been a satisfied customer of their sister company Xilo for many years, I finally decided to move our broadband service over to uno, and take the opportunity to transfer our website and domain management over to them at the same time, all for free. All the work was completed almost immediately, without any problems whatsoever, and the service is as brilliant as ever. Their client service management dashboard and associated control panel are extremely powerful and comprehensive, allowing considerable flexibility in managing all of our services online. Although the broadband speed is limited by the distance from our nearest exchange (the village is finally being fibred as I write), they have consistently provided the best speed and service that we have ever received from any previous ISP.
Review Ratings
Summary: Was good, now terrible
December 18th, 2016 (Last Edited: December 21st, 2016)
Was good when I first started out with uno. Stable 6mbps connection. Every 3 months or so since. had issues with lots of fails. Contacted uno and all they did was increase SNR and therefore speed. Today, still getting load of fails and speed is down to 1.4mbps. Internet is virtually unusable.

Support just puts it down to EMI and they can do nothing. Never had the issue when I was with BT, Either BT are screwing uno or vice versa and that, in tuen, is screwing me. God knows. I am at a total loss at what to do.

Extremely disappointed in comment from UNO below. I reviewed based on a "dead end" reply I received on the 16th, I quote

"All we can do in this station is what I outlined earlier i'm afraid. I wish we could do more or magic a cure but we've ruled out everything to that possibly can be."

Uno offered and engineer visit on the 20th to which I have not yet had a chance to reply till today!

Uno suggest FTTP, at a cost of cousre, but they do not do it. If they had bothered to check, I cannot get it either! Happy to pay but.................
ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by uno Follows (DO NOT REMOVE) Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3 We're sad to read the comments from this customer. We have worked with him for a period of time trying all possible options to stabilise the line as would be logical to do so. One such option is to increase the margin temporarily to see if this helps.

As the data indicates the line is suffering from noise bursts or interference, we have offered an engineer visit but as yet, the customer has not been willing to do so. Due to this, our ability to resolve the situation is limited.

Whilst we did look at the other options possible to him, we did make it clear that FTTC would not give any benefit (as the estimate was lower than ADSL) and FTTP was possible but not available from us.