uno

94%
94%
93%
91%
Summary: Good ADSL service
February 17th, 2017 (Last Edited: February 17th, 2017)
Migrated to Uno Talk Surf from Phone Co-op ADSL in June 2016. No real problem with Phone Co-op but free migration to Uno as I was on Talktalk line, slightly cheaper service and much cheaper phone calls with no connection charges. My local cabinet was due to be updated in a few month's time, so changed to Uno to hopefully upgrade to their 'coming soon' Talk Surf Fibre.

Slight problem with 1471 service not available after transfer, but this was sorted quickly and efficiently. Support from Uno and its website is excellent with rapid responses even late at night. Generally very pleased with Uno.

My local cabinet was upgraded to FTTC at the end of September, however Uno still unable to give start date for their Talk Surf Fibre service. After waiting a couple of years for fibre to be available I decided to migrate to Cloudscape in October 2016.

In the end I was a bit disappointed with Uno for advertising a service that's 'coming soon' throughout 2016, that is still not available now (Feb 17). Also surprised by cancellation fees from Uno, not clearly set out on their website and the amount charged was more than expected for a 30 day contract.

Another slight annoyance is that Uno websites lists all prices without VAT included, this is not clearly apparent when you first visit the website, just something to be aware of when comparing prices.

Had their Talk Surf Fibre service been available (at a reasonable price) I'm sure I would still be with Uno now.
Review Ratings
Summary: Very good ISP
January 21st, 2017 (Last Edited: January 24th, 2017)
I live 8 miles from central London but our cabinet is not upgraded to FTTC (ongoing nightmare, so I started a website wellingfibre.co.uk). I was with BT on ADSL with the blistering speed of 3-4 Mbps down and 0.3 up.

BT used to give me discount because I complained that Openreach/BT are not upgrading the cabinet. Over the years the prices went up and they also stopped giving me discount. I ended paying £38.99 per month for 3Mbps, thats's too much, so I looked around.
I have been with AAISP before but the costs are too much for the speed I will get. The next was Uno, I looked what I would get for the price.

ADSL and telephone line
Static IP
Unlimited data
UK based support
1 month contract

£24 inc vat, per month.

I took the plunge, after moving I asked Uno to change the IP Profile, I now have 4Mbps download and 0.7 up. Much better speeds than BT.

That's £14.99 cheaper! (Maybe more as BT just raised their prices).

Really happy so far, the only small thing would be the guy on the support desk sounds really unhappy. He's helpful, but sounds like he needs to cheer up a bit, but at least I can understand him, unlike BT!

I would recommend Uno !
Review Ratings
Summary: Brilliant ISP
January 16th, 2017 (Last Edited: January 16th, 2017)
Having been a satisfied customer of their sister company Xilo for many years, I finally decided to move our broadband service over to uno, and take the opportunity to transfer our website and domain management over to them at the same time, all for free. All the work was completed almost immediately, without any problems whatsoever, and the service is as brilliant as ever. Their client service management dashboard and associated control panel are extremely powerful and comprehensive, allowing considerable flexibility in managing all of our services online. Although the broadband speed is limited by the distance from our nearest exchange (the village is finally being fibred as I write), they have consistently provided the best speed and service that we have ever received from any previous ISP.
Review Ratings
Summary: Was good, now terrible
December 18th, 2016 (Last Edited: December 21st, 2016)
Was good when I first started out with uno. Stable 6mbps connection. Every 3 months or so since. had issues with lots of fails. Contacted uno and all they did was increase SNR and therefore speed. Today, still getting load of fails and speed is down to 1.4mbps. Internet is virtually unusable.

Support just puts it down to EMI and they can do nothing. Never had the issue when I was with BT, Either BT are screwing uno or vice versa and that, in tuen, is screwing me. God knows. I am at a total loss at what to do.

Extremely disappointed in comment from UNO below. I reviewed based on a "dead end" reply I received on the 16th, I quote

"All we can do in this station is what I outlined earlier i'm afraid. I wish we could do more or magic a cure but we've ruled out everything to that possibly can be."

Uno offered and engineer visit on the 20th to which I have not yet had a chance to reply till today!

Uno suggest FTTP, at a cost of cousre, but they do not do it. If they had bothered to check, I cannot get it either! Happy to pay but.................
ISPreview Sanctioned 'Right to Reply' (RtR) by uno Follows (DO NOT REMOVE) Related Rule(s) - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/rules.shtml#3 We're sad to read the comments from this customer. We have worked with him for a period of time trying all possible options to stabilise the line as would be logical to do so. One such option is to increase the margin temporarily to see if this helps.

As the data indicates the line is suffering from noise bursts or interference, we have offered an engineer visit but as yet, the customer has not been willing to do so. Due to this, our ability to resolve the situation is limited.

Whilst we did look at the other options possible to him, we did make it clear that FTTC would not give any benefit (as the estimate was lower than ADSL) and FTTP was possible but not available from us.

Review Ratings
Summary: Exactly what I wanted.
October 1st, 2016 (Last Edited: October 1st, 2016)
I'm in a rural farm right at the limit of ADSL broadband about four miles from the exchange. Fibre broadband is not available and the wire line is not the best quality. High speed broadband came to my exchange a couple of years ago but speed and reliability with my old ISP Orange / EE was just hopeless. Repeated complaints through 'customer service' somewhere in Asia were time consuming, painful and ineffective. That prompted me to move to BT and I was reasonably happy with their service however, after my initial deal came to an end I was paying £50+ a month for a slow (2.3 MB/s) connection and a bundled package of calls that I wasn't using. When I said I was thinking of moving of course I got the hard sell of another discounted 12 month contract and I considered staying with BT to avoid the hassle of switching. My previous switch had been a nightmare, cut off by EE as soon as I notified them of my intention to leave and unable to get BT due to mandatory waiting periods and each blaming the other.

I switched to uno due to their high customer satisfaction ratings and simple pricing and I couldn't be more pleased. Speed has improved to 3MB/s at times which is above the top end quoted speed for my line and speed is now reliable. The switch process was flawless, I opted for a simple Technicolour router on the advice of a very helpful customer service person as I have Apple equipment to provide my home Wifi. I had one minor issue on switch over which was resolved instantly and helpfully by uno over the phone, I'd miss typed my user name - my fault. Their team appears to be UK based, knowledge, courteous and I was hardly kept waiting at all.

As others have said this is all a breath of fresh air and I'm getting a service that I'd previously been told was unavailable. I only hope that uno manage to maintain their superb service as they grow. In some ways I'm reluctant to praise them in fear of loosing what I now have.